Ask A Hedge Fund Fraud

Because it is the closest thing that explains how domestic and international markets allocate money. The problem with college as a whole as it relates to hedge funds and other finance is that they do very specific forms of business so unless that teacher has worked in that profession, it is hard to pass on that knowledge. However I think College teaches you the macro on how to think and it is your job to learn the micro from the field on how te process is carried out.

Finance does have more leverage because it in particular deals within the realm of what you would be doing day to day.... finding the most efficient way to allocate a limited amount of resources; this is usually done on a clients behalf.
Interesting, why? Does it have a leverage over the other Business majors?

to not be sidetracked you have to have a plan; one that is written down. All too often people want to do something but will not simply write it down and expect to remember it and execute. This does not work.

Pitfalls: Dealing with regulatory investigations.... this is why i don't sweat it when people tell me oh u have no web presence.... they don't know what the hell they are talking about regulations are strict and its a waste of money and time to deal with.

Start a business you are passionate in and you will figure out how to make the money come if you are about money.
Appreciate the follow up.

Would you do anything different? 

Does the driver come with the phantom?

How would you spend $100K on your business structure?

Did NT come first or the finance culture?

Last edited:
Yes I would do many things different...mainly choose my friends better and say no more

The driver does not come with the phantom, you must pay extra

if I had a 100k extra i would put it into the fund or use it to set up an international hedge fund

I have been on NT since it started...I found NT because of nikepark and the discussions on Jordan 11's i was obsessed with those shoes. my old screen name was Ronin
Appreciate the follow up.

Would you do anything different? 

Does the driver come with the phantom?

How would you spend $100K on your business structure?

Did NT come first or the finance culture?

Maybe I should restate the 100K question. Where would you put it fowards the face and/or infrastructure of your company?

I was on here before. Damanta then StuntinHard. 

I would put it toward the face...my infrastructure is already taken care of most of it is out sourced to service providers
Maybe I should restate the 100K question. Where would you put it fowards the face and/or infrastructure of your company?

I was on here before. Damanta then StuntinHard. 

As a college freshman majoring in Finance, what classes do you think would best prepare me for life after college?

Should I go back for my masters or attempt to earn other certifications?

How much should I expect to make with a bachelors in finance from a state school in the mid-west?

^ Do you go to a target school? If you're planning on making bank in Walll Street, you will have to belong to their network of schools.

Hit this forum up. That goes for all you finance kids wanting to work at Wall Street.
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/

Last edited:
You're gonna have to check what companies/banks recruit at your school in order to get a sense. Wall Street's a club, and it's all about connects. You've gotta be more specific as to what you want to do though, if you'd like some help. Finance can range from IB, to retail/commercial banking, insurance, etc.

I'll look into that, thanks fam. Not really sure where I want to go with my life..

I'll look into that, thanks fam. Not really sure where I want to go with my life..

No problem. All I can suggest for now is to research and read up on different career fields that match your skills, interests and personality, and take different Finance/business courses, and find what intrigues you. I'll say you've got 2 yrs before you've got to formulate something. Seek internships early on too. The more you expose yourself to, the clearer it will get.

'preciate the jewels being dropped in here. I'm sending my big homie your way in a few months. We have some things going on in West Africa that are about to pop off. Mucho continued success.

No problem. All I can suggest for now is to research and read up on different career fields that match your skills, interests and personality, and take different Finance/business courses, and find what intrigues you. I'll say you've got 2 yrs before you've got to formulate something. Seek internships early on too. The more you expose yourself to, the clearer it will get.
What do you think would be the best business to seek an internship?

Like should I try with a bank, insurance company, law firm? Etc.

Last edited:
Damb you and your phantom. Damb you
mean.gif

What do you think would be the best business to seek an internship?

Like should I try with a bank, insurance company, law firm? Etc.

There is no best one, and no one can tell you what to do, it all depends on what you want to get out of your career. If you ask me, Investment Banking work is the most rewarding and can be used as a stepping stone for any career in Finance. That being said it takes hard work and networking to land an internship at an IB.

Don't know if you answered this but how would you get your licenses ( series 7, 66) or any other if your not employed with a firm first? Would you be able to just take the tests pass then apply and try to get a entry job with a firm. Thanks for all the info you've dropped in this thread.

Can a person with a law degree find success in the field of finance? How would one get his foot in the door after law school?

Can a person with a law degree find success in the field of finance? How would one get his foot in the door after law school?
I say with a law degree depending on what your construction in law.... it  would be no probably having success. What univeristy do u go to? Start there unless u want to go to some other college or out of state. Just have to pass the LSAT

I say with a law degree depending on what your construction in law.... it  would be no probably having success. What univeristy do u go to? Start there unless u want to go to some other college or out of state. Just have to pass the LSAT

I graduate from a state school here in Georgia. Looking at John Marshall law in Chicago after I graduate in May. They have spring enrollment and JM is supposedly a great school that won't put me in hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of debt. Plan on taking the LSAT this June and hopefully getting a stellar scholarship.

I'm trying to see what avenues are available to me after I graduate.

Did you live the "2008" fiasco?

Would you lose everything if another 2008 happens?

I did not . I happened to get in the business in 2009 and avoided all that... Part of the reason I have done so well is because margin is cheap and I own stocks and bonds that were dirt cheap.

If it happened again I would not loose everything I would actually make a lot be wise I hold a lot if inverse mortgages, CMS spread bonds. I would likely get fried on my junk bonds though

Back
Top Bottom