At what point in his career did Jay-Z start being mentioned as one of the GREATs?

oh and he was considered great after blue print one because he attained much commercial successful but at the ame time it still was very street

? if Jay-Z is an overated lyricist then who exactly is a great one. Because lyrically i cant even name 5 cats who can do what he does. and im not just talking content, but multis, bar structure, story telling he has it ALL. The fact that i can listen to a jay track from ten yrs ago and find something new speaks to how great of a lyricist he is

? if Jay-Z is an overated lyricist then who exactly is a great one. Because lyrically i cant even name 5 cats who can do what he does. and im not just talking content, but multis, bar structure, story telling he has it ALL. The fact that i can listen to a jay track from ten yrs ago and find something new speaks to how great of a lyricist he is

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

A lot of people only started calling him one of the greats after he started saying it himself
QFT, after he claimed to be the best rapper alive his little fanboys ran with it. 

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

A lot of people only started calling him one of the greats after he started saying it himself
QFT, after he claimed to be the best rapper alive his little fanboys ran with it. 

Black Album is when he became the great to everyone and the media, never been a fan of this album either *Kanye shrug*

Black Album is when he became the great to everyone and the media, never been a fan of this album either *Kanye shrug*

Back
Top Bottom