At what point in his career did Jay-Z start being mentioned as one of the GREATs?

Listening to that old track where Nas first throws shots at the Roc (Nastradamus "Wanna ball til you fall, I can help you with that")
I know was Nas after he dropped illmatic, but around which time frame do you think it was for Jigga? Or was he always known as a Great?

Listening to that old track where Nas first throws shots at the Roc (Nastradamus "Wanna ball til you fall, I can help you with that")
I know was Nas after he dropped illmatic, but around which time frame do you think it was for Jigga? Or was he always known as a Great?

Blueprint did it for me... "Musically".... He's still an overrated lyricist IMO, he's nice...but overrated...

Blueprint did it for me... "Musically".... He's still an overrated lyricist IMO, he's nice...but overrated...

Dunno. I think people put him in the "Top 5" range after The Black Album once he stepped away from the game. And overrated lyricist? He's probably one of the few dudes in hip-hop that can find the right balance between "rewind this to fully get what he's saying" and keeping things accessible for the mainstream. That puts him in my top 5 easily.

Dunno. I think people put him in the "Top 5" range after The Black Album once he stepped away from the game. And overrated lyricist? He's probably one of the few dudes in hip-hop that can find the right balance between "rewind this to fully get what he's saying" and keeping things accessible for the mainstream. That puts him in my top 5 easily.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

that is really funny to hear ...... i heavily doubt this comment i think this should really apply to eminem ... and i know its IYO

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

that is really funny to hear ...... i heavily doubt this comment i think this should really apply to eminem ... and i know its IYO

oh and he was considered great after blue print one because he attained much commercial successful but at the ame time it still was very street

Back
Top Bottom