Baby Showers for Men is the New Trend?

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

I went to the shower for my daughter.

In all honesty I went for the food
laugh.gif

My kids mom told me to bring a friend or two because if not, I would be beyond bored. We ended up blowin a L, talking about my impending fatherhood, and playing Modern Warfare.

And it was all catered
pimp.gif
DC - what say you about this kind of baby shower?

Ahhh.....that is a sweet deal right there LOL. But I couldn't imagine most of them being that sweet of a deal. LOL

F wut you think. My job gave my one last year when my son was born and I cleaned up. Diapers aren't cheap you know
laugh.gif

Hahaha agreed. I had to go to a few baby showers with my mom when I was younger (there were other kids there) but for the most part is was boring. The gift opening part takes FOREVER!

yall are crazy..

anytime someone has a baby shower in our family, EVERYONE goes...

the girls do their thing inside the house, and the men bar b q outside
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ive never been to a baby shower where the gifts are opened in front of everybody.

Originally Posted by Diego

Ive never been to a baby shower where the gifts are opened in front of everybody.
NEVER go to one. It's like an hour and a half of "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" *insert high pitched women's voices saying incoherent things* But they all do it at the same time!?! Unforgivable.

Originally Posted by JDocs

NEVER go to one. It's like an hour and a half of "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" *insert high pitched women's voices saying incoherent things* But they all do it at the same time!?! Unforgivable.

You forgot to include the hundreds of pictures being taken.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Thats what Im trying to tell you dudes. You all hate baby showers so much, but thats cause you go to traditional showers.
The ones I go to are practically house parties with a pregnant chick. Thats really the simplest way to put it.

I cant remember the last time I saw a traditional one.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Thats what Im trying to tell you dudes. You all hate baby showers so much, but thats cause you go to traditional showers.
The ones I go to are practically house parties with a pregnant chick. Thats really the simplest way to put it.

I cant remember the last time I saw a traditional one.
Basically yeah. Baby mama's job threw us one too, I forgot about that.

Drunk people everywhere, more free food, and NBATV on a big #@+ screen with a home theater system.

Not to mention all the free stuff we came out with.

I've been to 1. When I was younger I was with my dad after he dropped my mom and sister off at one then rolled out with the other husbands who dropped their wives off. I went to one when I was 20 because I hadn't seen my friend in a while and was trying to bag her friend.

Willingly, I won't attend another.

Just to try to steer this discussion back in the right direction...

I'm only questioning baby showers thrown for men. 

I have no problems with or going to a baby shower for an expecting woman. 

laugh.gif

Smoked an L with this dude once...

He's wildin' for that $$++. But I can't knock his hustle. His old lady was probably stressin him hard about not having girl stuff for the baby.
laugh.gif

hey!!!
i will see yall there
i dont give a $**$ what u think come celebrate my wit me and my wiz
if not cool
this is for the industry and friends
me and my wiz are having a private one for friends and fam a few days later and remember its a show also
so if u like that sean p music show up just bring a gift instead of paying a fee 2 get in….relax people its not that serious if u disagree wit the move dont show up simple as that just be careful how u talk about my unborn
peace sean p

im not cheap
im smart
peace
chill wit the cyber thugging none of yall would say that 2 me in my face so dont say tough $**$ on the comp
if u wanna say it 2 me say it march 2nd
bring a gift 2 get in
lmao!!!!

Sean P will wreck you.....
laugh.gif
 P!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

2010, gender lines are becoming non-existent day after day.

I have heard more dudes going to and having them. Always thought this was a woman thing. But these days, if you say something is for a certain sex, folks look at you as if you are the devil.

I wouldn't attend one

just what I was thinking......I am getting nervous, I have agreed with DC twice this week.......
laugh.gif

Hey if my boy is having a kid why not show up with a gift I believe every child should be brought into this world with a lot of love. It aint a shower just a way to get his kid some extra stuff.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

laugh.gif

Smoked an L with this dude once...

He's wildin' for that $$++. But I can't knock his her hustle. His old lady was probably stressin him hard about not having girl stuff for the baby.
laugh.gif

i think this is what's behind these "men's baby showers". dudes allowing their girlfriends/wives to talk them into foolishness. prolly saying "it's nothing wrong with it...if your boys don't come, they're not real friends anyway". laying a guilt trip on the dude (and the dude's friends). 

Back
Top Bottom