Baby Showers for Men is the New Trend?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i can understand men not throwing baby showers...but whats wrong with attending one? what if its your wifes baby shower? i never heard of a guy not wanting to ATTEND a baby shower.

What she said. Fellas lighten up, sometimes you guys are way too extreme 

Originally Posted by purehoopa1

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i can understand men not throwing baby showers...but whats wrong with attending one? what if its your wifes baby shower? i never heard of a guy not wanting to ATTEND a baby shower.

What she said. Fellas lighten up, sometimes you guys are way too extreme 

I wouldn't want to attend a baby shower.  I don't think it has anything to do with me trying to be manly.  It's the same reason I wouldn't want to attend a bridal shower, or watch The View.  I'm not interested and I don't care.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

i think this is what's behind these "men's baby showers". dudes allowing their girlfriends/wives to talk them into foolishness. prolly saying "it's nothing wrong with it...if your boys don't come, they're not real friends anyway". laying a guilt trip on the dude (and the dude's friends). 

roll.gif
Exactly. Women know how to say things to dudes that make them question their initial decisions.

Sometimes we have to be extreme. It is ok for women to be extreme (feminists) but it isn't ok for a man to be extreme? Hmmm.....

Originally Posted by datruth92803

I had one pic on my facebook and everything, My girl was crabbing and aint want one so my moms put it together seeing as this is my first child it was really nice, it was enjoyable we got drunk and celebrated my new arrival, I dont see what the big deal is
yeah me and my girl had one last weekend for our son, i wasnt about it but it turned out to be a cool family event. got wasted and ate cake lol

Yea maybe I have a problem with the term, "Baby shower." If it is traditional style, maybe that is what I don't want to be around.

A get together is cool where the kid gets gifts. That is fine.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

There's broads for days at baby showers...Pay attention
Not an excuse to be there. Women are everywhere. I am too old to be motivated by the "girls are there" trump card. Women are everywhere. Many of them. Don't give a damn if girls are there
First of all,
pic.php

Secondly, I wasn't giving a excuse

You WERE giving an incentive as to why we SHOULD want to do.

What the hell is the fact for? There are women everywhere. Why the hell do I need to be there just because there will be girls there. And? So..........

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea maybe I have a problem with the term, "Baby shower." If it is traditional style, maybe that is what I don't want to be around.

A get together is cool where the kid gets gifts. That is fine.

So you goin to act like I havent been saying this through the thread.
I wasnt even aware people still had conventional baby showers.

As Ive said before, all baby showers Ive been to are house parties with a pregnant chick.

An incentive is not a synonym for excuse

lrn2thesauras
Actually I wasn't implying it was. Re-read what I said.

You gave an incentive. (Women)

I said THAT incentive (women) is no excuse (reason) for being there.

@ DIego, I actually was about to give you credit but I stepped away from my desk and forget to mention, "Like Diego said."
laugh.gif

lrn2thesauras
It's spelled 'thesaurus'.

lrn2dicitonary

Also, I think Sean Price's baby shower will come and go without this discussion on what dictates proper 'man-ethic' affecting it in the least. There's no harm in letting people express themselves as they see fit, lest they do unto you. As the phrase goes, "Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose."

I think that's called

lrn2respectcivilrights

DC why's everything gotta be a gender/sexuality issue with you?

%%@!%! been throwing parties for having a baby since Jesus.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

DC why's everything gotta be a gender/sexuality issue with you?

%%@!%! been throwing parties for having a baby since Jesus.
First of all, the THREAD is gendered based. That is not my doing.
laugh.gif

Secondly, because everything IS gender based to me for the most part. That is just how I operate and view things. Men do certain things. Women do certain things. If both did everything, then we wouldn't have gender differences and the only differences would be the physical. So that is just how I am man.

Originally Posted by deadlyrhetoric

lrn2thesauras
It's spelled 'thesaurus'.

lrn2dicitonary

Also, I think Sean Price's baby shower will come and go without this discussion on what dictates proper 'man-ethic' affecting it in the least. There's no harm in letting people express themselves as they see fit, lest they do unto you. As the phrase goes, "Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose."

I think that's called

lrn2respectcivilrights

isn't it my civil right to voice my opinion?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom