Bachelor Pad.

Good stuff in here guys. Revisiting this thread has inspired me to finally buy some furniture and decorate. My place looks exactly as it did the day I moved in - mattress/box spring still on the floor without a frame, art still leaning on the walls instead of being hung, etc.

About bed frames, what are your thoughts on tufted headboards? Do you think this is too feminine? I asked some of my friends (guys and girls), and they're 50/50 on it.

I live in a loft with exposed brick, so classic style lends itself much better to my place than contemporary. The other option is to go with a reclaimed wood frame, but I'm not sold on that quite yet.

i think tufted beds would be alright as long as you got them in a masculine color. black looks great but i don't like that material you posted above. 

If you're gonna have a tufted frame the material needs to be dark and leather. Can't roll with textiles IMO.

When I think of tufted furniture thats masculine its usually an old business office or law office

I've got a decent red couch for this new place I'm moving into next month. Anyone got any info on where I can find a decently priced arm chair? I want to keep it simple with just the one arm chair and the couch.

Any input for privacy film for windows? Ordered some samples from this place: http://www.decorativefilm.com/static-cling-non-adhesive

I moved to a ground level unit and hate that I have to keep my blinds closed all of the time. Deciding between the silver/reflective tint (15% visibility) and white sand (practically 0%). Don't have a view of anything other than the street. Would like to still see outside but don't want people to see inside at all.

How pictures do you guys have of you and your significant other in your pad? My wife wants more... we have 4.

I went to her co workers house and it was OD in there :x.

Last edited:
How pictures do you guys have of you and your significant other in your pad? My wife wants more... we have 4.

I'm married - my wife knows that our house will always be minimal lol

I can't stand clutter

Bedroom is just about done, just purchased a light wood dresser to break up our bed set.

TV hung on the wall - wires all hidden, cable box behind the tv on the mount - came out great.

Bro I wish i could get my girl to take some of the pictures down. Its only one of us but she has maybe 6-7 pictures of family members or close friends around the place and I hate having to see so many. I feel like im in my grandmothers house. I feel bad to have her take them down cause all of her family is in FL but still.

Last edited:
I've got a decent red couch for this new place I'm moving into next month. Anyone got any info on where I can find a decently priced arm chair? I want to keep it simple with just the one arm chair and the couch.
I love this style of chair. http://www.westelm.com/products/mid...tered-chair-h1422/?pkey=cliving-room-chairs||

My dude tryna keep it simple and got a $700 armchair recommendation.
LOL I KNOW! I took simple to mean design. He didn't state a budget. There are cheaper versions, but the style is dope.

Sa'll good, wayfair or overstock might have similar styles for cheaper.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...-Annual-Sale,/sale,/2737/subcat.html#qvclosed definitely

You can usually find a 15% code for overstock or buy a coupon off ebay for a few bucks. Use mrrebates or ebates for cashback offers as well plus there's a 15% off furniture click through no code discount. Christopher Knight is a good brand, I am more than satisfied with the memory foam bed I ended up getting from them and Target has picked it up as well. But IIRC, blinkin you live in the A right? Check your local Ross and Marshall's, chairs like that are a dime a dozen esp at off price stores plus Atlanta has good **** on CL. They still don't have me set up at my new job so I literally just browse CL of other cities to see what housing, jobs, etc is like.

Overstock has an extremely similar chair, 2 for $210 before discounts. right here or these 2 for $115. They classify those more as dining chairs though, they'd look more than fine in a living room, but I think I'd go with something more like a wingback or even two

Back
Top Bottom