Bachelor Pad.

IMG_20131231_232852.jpg
IMG_20130709_174002.jpg
2013-07-09.jpg

Old Samsung 3D tv I had. Great Netflix and chill tv when I had girls over. One thing I would never do is cheapen out on TV model.

Gonna Cop that LG OLED tv we are discussing, cause I'm not impressed with the color reproduction on samsung OLED tv line up.

CURRENT DEVICES I'M SETTING UP TO USE IN HOME AUTOMATION. THE INSTALLERS JUST LEFT AFTER INSTALLING HUNTER DOUGLAS MOTORIZED SHADES ON ALL THE WINDOWS SO I'M FIDDLING AROUND TRYNA ADD THEM TO HOMEPOD AND SIRI. THE LAST PIECES OF THE PUZZLE IS WAITING ON AEOTEC TO RELEASE THEIR WALLSWIPE SWITCHES AND GRABBING A LIFTMASTER GARAGE OPENER WITH MYQ. THAT SHOULD BE EVERYTHING I AUTOMATE. ANYBODY ELSE DOING HOME AUTOMATION?

automation.jpg

Nice, man. I always look forward to your updates.

I currently only have 2 ecobee thermostats, Phillips hue with motion sensors, and 2 indoor nest cams for the dogs. I have a couple echos and 3 4K Apple TVs too.

I also have sonos throughout. If I wasn’t in a condo building your lock setup and a ring doorbell would be next on the list.

CURRENT DEVICES I'M SETTING UP TO USE IN HOME AUTOMATION. THE INSTALLERS JUST LEFT AFTER INSTALLING HUNTER DOUGLAS MOTORIZED SHADES ON ALL THE WINDOWS SO I'M FIDDLING AROUND TRYNA ADD THEM TO HOMEPOD AND SIRI. THE LAST PIECES OF THE PUZZLE IS WAITING ON AEOTEC TO RELEASE THEIR WALLSWIPE SWITCHES AND GRABBING A LIFTMASTER GARAGE OPENER WITH MYQ. THAT SHOULD BE EVERYTHING I AUTOMATE. ANYBODY ELSE DOING HOME AUTOMATION?

automation.jpg

What part of Cleveland did you end up in?

Anyone have a plug for good wall art?

of course all of these will take some good digging cause there's a lot of bad art.

ebay
1xrun
etsy
zatista
saatchi
blackbookgallery
station16gallery
minted
giantrobot
exhibitiona
absolutart
helitropeprints
yellowkorner
society6
curioos
artfullywalls
sugarpress
20x200

theres a lot more sites that im missing. zatista and etsy you can find some artists that sell originals for very affordable prices. just have to really look
i would suggest really taking your time in choosing...it can be overwhelming so try and find something you like and keep revisiting it to see if it still moves you like when you first saw it

Nice, man. I always look forward to your updates.

I currently only have 2 ecobee thermostats, Phillips hue with motion sensors, and 2 indoor nest cams for the dogs. I have a couple echos and 3 4K Apple TVs too.

I also have sonos throughout. If I wasn’t in a condo building your lock setup and a ring doorbell would be next on the list.

MAN AWESOME TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE DOING AUTOMATION. DO YOU HAVE IT ALL CONNECTED TO A CENTRAL HUB OR JUST USING EACH ONE THROUGH THEIR NATIVE APPS? I’VE BEEN MESSING AROUND WITH THE HOME ASISSTANT PLATFORM AND IT SEEMS TO BE PERFECT FOR MESHING ALL THE DIFFERENT DEVICES INTO ONE PLACE AND APP.

SONOS SYSTEM IS PROB ONE THE GREATEST PURCHASES IVE EVER MADE. ONLY WISH I WOULD OF WAITED A BIT LONGER FOR THEIR SMART SPEAKERS.

8DE7646E-23F1-4187-A2A5-785C592D380F.jpeg

memphissfinest memphissfinest your place is beautiful, man. Simple, I know but the dog wash is a nice feature. I have two frenchies. I’d put that to good use.

I haven’t found a good app that consolidates home automating so as of now I just use the Echo. It controls the Sonos now too, I don’t use it for that much though since the sonos app is pretty awesome.

Nice speaker set there too. I have a play 5 in the bedroom, the bar, sub, and 2 play 1’s in the living room and a play 1 in my office. My place isn’t too large.

I’m considering another play 5 for the balcony but I’m not sure where to keep it during i climate weather. May have to bring it inside. I don’t know.

Awesome, I'm in Lakewood by the Dunkin donuts on Detroit. Had my house for almost two years after many years of different apartments in the city.

AHHH YOU ARE ACTUALLY VERY CLOSE TO ME :lol:. I'VE BEEN TO THAT DUNKIN DONUTS MANY TIMES. LAKEWOOD IS AWESOME. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYWHERE ELSE I WOULD OF BOUGHT A HOUSE IN CLEVELAND AFTER I'VE NOW HAD A CHANCE TO EXPLORE WHAT THE CITY HAS TO OFFER. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE "OHIO TAKES ANOTHER L" JOKES CAME FROM BUT CLEVELAND IS PRETTY GOOD IMO. IT'S NOT HOUSTON, LA, CHICAGO, OR NEW YORK BUT THAT'S OK.

Los Angeles. Got a few buyers at 1 mill but everywhere we looking to buy is 800k and needs 100k in work.

:sick:

HOW DO YOU GUYS SURVIVE OUT THERE? THOSE NUMBERS SCARE ME TO DEATH :lol:

STAYING IN LA? IF NOT, I WOULD HIGHLY CONSIDER AUSTIN, NASHVILLE, OR ATLANTA. IF I HAD MY PICK I WOULD CHOOSE AUSTIN OR ATLANTA. I LOVE THOSE CITIES.

:sick:

HOW DO YOU GUYS SURVIVE OUT THERE? THOSE NUMBERS SCARE ME TO DEATH :lol:

STAYING IN LA? IF NOT, I WOULD HIGHLY CONSIDER AUSTIN, NASHVILLE, OR ATLANTA. IF I HAD MY PICK I WOULD CHOOSE AUSTIN OR ATLANTA. I LOVE THOSE CITIES.
I have a coworker from Austin, says there’s nothing to do. He Came to LA for a visit and never went back

i'm at the point where as long as they have great schools, internet and direct tv...I'll survive.

HONEST QUESTION. DO A LOT OF PEOPLE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK IN L.A.? OR IS IT ONE OF THOSE THINGS WHERE IF YOU ARE FROM LA YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN WITH PRICES FROM WAY BACK WHEN. DO PEOPLE GET PAID LIKE 5 TIMES AS MUCH THERE THAN ELSEWHERE IN THE COUNTRY?

I THINK I MAKE PRETTY GOOD MONEY AND I CONSIDERED A LA/SAN FRANCISCO MOVE, BUT DOING THE MATH, I WOULD DEF BE LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK OUT THERE.

HONEST QUESTION. DO A LOT OF PEOPLE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK IN L.A.? OR IS IT ONE OF THOSE THINGS WHERE IF YOU ARE FROM LA YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE BEEN GRANDFATHERED IN WITH PRICES FROM WAY BACK WHEN. DO PEOPLE GET PAID LIKE 5 TIMES AS MUCH THERE THAN ELSEWHERE IN THE COUNTRY?

I THINK I MAKE PRETTY GOOD MONEY AND I CONSIDERED A LA/SAN FRANCISCO MOVE, BUT DOING THE MATH, I WOULD DEF BE LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK OUT THERE.

I feel like a lot do, myself included to an extent. Me and the wife make good money, but with mortgage, utilities, day care, car payments and GAS, insurance, etc, it's not like we go on shopping sprees every week but we're comfortable. We dont struggle for lack of a better word.

Los Angeles has pockets, so you can definitely live comfortable, but at the expense of a long commute, and/or not a great neighborhood.

The county is sooo spread out that you can find a nice home in West Covina (20 minutes away from DTLA) but you'd be stuck in traffic for an hour if you work out west. Gentrification is spreading here, too.

this used to be considered "hood", now they're selling homes for 1 mill in my neighborhood

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.03.28 AM.png

I feel like a lot do, myself included to an extent. Me and the wife make good money, but with mortgage, utilities, day care, car payments and GAS, insurance, etc, it's not like we go on shopping sprees every week but we're comfortable. We dont struggle for lack of a better word.

Los Angeles has pockets, so you can definitely live comfortable, but at the expense of a long commute, and/or not a great neighborhood.

The county is sooo spread out that you can find a nice home in West Covina (20 minutes away from DTLA) but you'd be stuck in traffic for an hour if you work out west. Gentrification is spreading here, too.

this used to be considered "hood", now they're selling homes for 1 mill in my neighborhood

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.03.28 AM.png

DAMN, A 3 BED/2 BATH FOR A MILLION DOLLARS IN A GENTRIFYING HOOD? :wow:

WHEN I WAS IN HOUSTON, YOU WOULD SEE A TON OF CALIFORNIA PLATES ON THE ROAD. MOST PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK THEY WERE ESCAPING CALI LOL.

THE LIVING COMFORTABLE AT THE EXPENSE OF SOMETHING IS PROB WHAT WOULD BE HOLDING ME BACK. IN MY MIND, I THINK OF TRANSPLANTING MY STANDARD OF LIVING TO LA WITHOUT SACRIFICING ANYTHING.

YOU COULD SELL THAT HOUSE FOR 1 MILLION, BUY TWICE THE SIZE OF THAT HOUSE ELSEWHERE WITH NICER FINISHES FOR 300,000-400,000 AND POCKET THE REST OF THAT CASH AFTER TAXES.

yup! and it's like a block or 2 that are being gentrified at a time; however, the next block over can literally be 1990s hood. It sucks.

we're gonna figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom