Bachelor Pad.

Buying a house, should get it in a couple weeks.

What are some must automation projects?

Ring doorbell worth it? Don’t see much difference between the $99-$249 models.

Anybody use security systems that aren’t the big name home security companies?

SO FAR I HAVE AUTOMATED MY:

DOOR LOCKS
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR CAMERAS
3 APPLE TV'S
APPLE HOMEPOD
2 NEST THERMOSTATS

COMING SOON:
ALL LIGHT SWITCHES
GARAGE DOOR
SPRINKLERS

I DON'T HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM BUT I AUTOMATED MY CAMERAS TO SEND ME A NOTIFICATION WHEN THEY SENSE MOVEMENT AND MY DOOR LOCKS TO ALSO SEND ME A NOTIFICATION WHEN THEY OPEN WHEN I'M NOT HOME. THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

DALLAS IS VERY NICE. I LOVED MY TIME LIVING THERE. COST OF LIVING IS GOOD TOO. SUMMERS ARE HELL ON EARTH THOUGH.

That last sentence is what has me back pedaling. We have a 19 month old and he's an outdoor kid. I can be a hermit but the baby needs to be able to enjoy the outdoors.

^ funny you said that...

Portland is on the list.

Saw a house off the coast in Lincoln city for $450k but she wants a craftsman.

How are jobs looking out there? Is it cool for a bi racial family?

memphissfinest memphissfinest what door lock Dj you have? I just looked into that too. Any way of it getting “hacked” per say?

What’s so good about the nest? I have a WiFi thermostat now and it’s great.

Any input on the ring doorbell? Or their automated cameras/security system?

edshoecator edshoecator my family lives in eugene, it depends on what you do for work. Portland would have the most option, of course. I see a few bi racial families here and there. We are a young, black family living in a neighborhood with older or retired white families. No problems thus far.

edshoecator edshoecator my family lives in eugene, it depends on what you do for work. Portland would have the most option, of course. I see a few bi racial families here and there. We are a young, black family living in a neighborhood with older or retired white families. No problems thus far.

Good looking. As long as my son has opportunities for great schools, outdoor activities...I'm happy. I just need internet and access to shoes. The wife wants to be one with nature one day, real housewife of dallas the next, so whatever floats her boat.

I started researching and pricing out pieces for a theater room for my new place coming up. It'll probably come after a new sofa or sectional, coffee table, end table set... but I'm still excited and looking forward to getting a full home theater, projector, screen, all set up in a spare room.

^ funny you said that...

Portland is on the list.

Portland has to be top 3 cities with brothas dating white wimmenz. Youll be fine fam, id be more concerned about the weirdos than racist :lol:

^ funny you said that...

Portland is on the list.

bruh PDX is the best city I've ever lived in (LA, DFW, Seattle, Eugene)

60/40 female to male ratio and bruthas thrive outchea

great for families too peep the suburbs (Hillsboro, Beaverton, Lake oswego) all close to the city

The bigger things like the fridge, washer dryer, dining table etc are trickling in. Our dining table is definitely not the norm of my usual taste but I’m happy with it. Lotsa seating between the dining table and the island Lol.

C9F010EB-A861-4326-913D-3C18CD766393.jpeg
7183CB95-5681-4EA7-98F2-0BFF89F230CB.jpeg
893EFEF2-AF1D-417D-B64B-19E70EA91866.jpeg

Pardon the mess. Also that mini fridge back there is going into the loft upstairs. Had it there while we waiting for the main fridge to be delivered.

And appreciate a good washer dryer, esp after not having one for a while.

298ECBFA-2F21-4877-BD74-5DEF375D9A3A.jpeg

This thing in our backyard bothers me every time I look at it. It’s advertised as a shed, it’s a little over 8’x8’. There is no insulation, electricity or anything just empty space top and bottom. I justkeep the lawnmower in here for now, any ideas to do with it?

D8754308-A134-4883-AA70-95AFD5B5A1B9.jpeg

This thing in our backyard bothers me every time I look at it. It’s advertised as a shed, it’s a little over 8’x8’. There is no insulation, electricity or anything just empty space top and bottom. I justkeep the lawnmower in here for now, any ideas to do with it?

D8754308-A134-4883-AA70-95AFD5B5A1B9.jpeg

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL...

ME PERSONALLY I WOULD TEAR IT OUT OR AT LEAST HAVE THAT ROOF REBUILT.

All great responses lol. There is no access from the bottom to the top (the top is empty also). I was thinking about tearing it out, but I was also thinking about converting it to a playhouse for my daughters.

1stwitit 1stwitit Clubhouse for the kids would be cool.

Depending on the rest of your yard, that's a perfect place for a fire pit in the corner like that... with a patio pretty much pre-existing if you wanted to tear that structure down completely. Would be a cool spot to throw a couple back or grill and roast marshmallows with the kids.

corner-fire-pit-simple-fire-pit-bricks-uk-with-fire-pit-brick-base-and-corner-fire.jpg

I know it’s pricey but have you looked into synthetic grass? You would save money on your water bill and you would have no maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom