Bachelor Pad.

^^
laugh.gif
here's the link to the rest of the place.

It's only two bedroom, but for where I am in life it would be perfect for me. And I'm a big fan of the minimalist look, but with the right décor it could be
eek.gif

And I'm in Christchurch, NZ 
pimp.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif

It's a good time for me to be graduating into the construction industry.

If getting back into a bachelor pad wasnt on my mind,
this thread just made it that much worse.
*looks for close affordable lofts*

the whole time though, chew's cabinets dont line up so his backsplash looks funky on the edge ...

What is everyone's square footage and bed/baths looking like? This one I'm looking at duplicating is 3/2 and 1360. I want more space though. If I could get a 4th br and still be under 1500 sq ft (since I'm probably paying 100/sqft) or keep the same floor plan and find out how to make more space in it.

I've been looking at new constructions, and this is basically the one I like most but I want hardwood floors (engineered, not laminate) and would rather have the walkin shower with the sandstone and the jacuzzi tub separate in the master, and then small things like paint colors and trim colors, so the builder told me we'll just build a new one since they got 120 lots still out there. I also don't like the rustic pole in the front so either brick around that or he can redesign the front totally so it's not there at all. My dad told me to get the built in sprinkler system in the front and back and they say that'll cost me like $1800 upcharge, in addition to $1500 for the hardwood, a few hundred more if I grab a corner lot..

Is anyone nice with floor plans though? What I did is told them to email me the blueprints so I can mess with them, because the bedroom 2 and 3 are kind of small so I want to get maybe 2 ft of length and width. Master is huge though and I love how it's tucked away in the back. After I get them though, I'm going to stop answering his and the builder's calls and emails to play some hardball so he'll stop nickel and diming me and I don't want to pay 150 even with the upgrades. They like presolds, so he needs to bend some on the price.

lb2a42143-m0x.jpg

lb2a42143-m3x.jpg

lb2a42143-m8x.jpg

lb2a42143-m9x.jpg

Originally Posted by msaba07

the whole time though, chew's cabinets dont line up so his backsplash looks funky on the edge ...
the backsplash lines up with the overhang of the countertop, but i agree that it doesn't look clean.  the kitchen was probably built like that when he decided to rent it.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

^^
laugh.gif

It's only two bedroom, but for where I am in life it would be perfect for me. And I'm a big fan of the minimalist look, but with the right décor it could be
eek.gif

pimp.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif

That place is dope. How much would something like that run for?
I'm from Oz, hence the switches question.

I AM THAT DUDE - My new house is 3 bedrooms, 2.25 baths (full bath, full bath minus tub, half bath) and 1600 sqft.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

^^
laugh.gif

eek.gif

pimp.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif

That place is dope. How much would something like that run for?
I'm from Oz, hence the switches question.

I'm not too sure, I don't think it sold at the auction on the 20th of July, but I'm thinking it'll be between NZ$285,000 and 450,000. It's close to the city and a proper architectural design so I'm thinking that'll up the price
tired.gif
 it's hard to know with places like these though. Our market is nothing like the damn American market. Their prices are insane!

And yeah, I wondered if you were from around this way
pimp.gif

My concern are dressers. I swear I buy dressers for my clothing and they could never fully support any kind of weight, the bottom would become loose or just fall off.

I figure I would ask for any good designer brands, tired of getting that Ikea junk.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

My concern are dressers. I swear I buy dressers for my clothing and they could never fully support any kind of weight, the bottom would become loose or just fall off.

I figure I would ask for any good designer brands, tired of getting that Ikea junk.
Depends how much you want to spend. If you've got the money, consider getting something custom built.

This house I'm cost managing earthquake repair work for at the moment has a dressing room with the most insane joinery in it. All custom made, I want to say mahogany but it could be something with a veneer on it, floor to ceiling mirrors, one piece even has a granite bench top. The client's are made though.

But it's a good idea to consider, it doesn't have to be made out of the most expensive material you can buy.

mez.. I'll get to uploading pics of my pad soon but if you have a big enough closet, get a custom closet done from a craigslister carpenter or get a closet system from Home Depot or Lowes and use that as clothes storage. one of my closets are custom built with 5 shelves on one end and 6ft rod for hanging. I put my jeans and shoes on the shelves and have no issues. My other closest system is a cheap martha stewart from Home Depot that I paid 100 for and it has a suspended middle shelf system that I use for jeans and shoes. I leave the ikea dressers for underwear, socks and shorts.

Been lurking in the thread but am finally able to post up my pad. I just bought my first house and am mostly moved in. I still have to buy a kitchen table and decorate my bedrooms and 1 more bathroom.  3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1450 sq ft. I bought pre-construction so I got to pick all materials and got a killer deal through a local builder. Only regrets were I should have sprung for diagonal laid tile and granite counter tops. I wanted to keep the mortgage number low so I'm doing that stuff in about a year or two. You big city cats don't even want to know what I paid. Could have bought a lot more house but honestly I don't know what I would do with more square footage since I'm single. And the wall color is silver, I don't why they're looking sea foam green...Pics:

View I wake up to.  This was when the laid the slab for the house.

Looking in from front door

Entryway

Kitchen

Overview of the great room.

Furniture setup

Outside.  My lawn is #!$+%# up right now with the drought.  I'm not worried since I'm laying down sod in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom