Bachelor Pad.

Congrats man...Where are you located?? I have been recently wanting to start saving up to buy a house...my gf always watches those House Hunters shows and it got me motivated to save some $
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

Congrats man...Where are you located?? I have been recently wanting to start saving up to buy a house...my gf always watches those House Hunters shows and it got me motivated to save some $
laugh.gif

SW Missouri.  Home ownership is the $%@!, no lie.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Updates on my place.  Pretty much done making big furniture purchases.  All that's left is small little things for decoration and style.  Suggestions?
i would personally get rid of the chairs and put another couch.  i would hate sitting on those when other are on couch.  Other than that really dope man

Originally Posted by jschue

Been lurking in the thread but am finally able to post up my pad. I just bought my first house and am mostly moved in. I still have to buy a kitchen table and decorate my bedrooms and 1 more bathroom.  3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1450 sq ft. I bought pre-construction so I got to pick all materials and got a killer deal through a local builder. Only regrets were I should have sprung for diagonal laid tile and granite counter tops. I wanted to keep the mortgage number low so I'm doing that stuff in about a year or two. You big city cats don't even want to know what I paid. Could have bought a lot more house but honestly I don't know what I would do with more square footage since I'm single. And the wall color is silver, I don't why they're looking sea foam green...Pics:

Kitchen  
Keep in mind that they're cold as %!$+ and you'll lose a lot of heat in food/plates you put down on it. They look cool as hell but they're a real pain to install and expensive if you want it custom. There are some nice alternatives out there though.

Edit: I forget y'all get things at ridiculous prices there. Here
sick.gif
 man, I should be so lucky.

granite is cheap and easy to install. You can get 9ft slabs (pre-fab) for 90 bucks out here in L.A.

IF you plan to re-sell, invest. Everyone and they grandmas want granite

Originally Posted by three2three

granite is cheap and easy to install. You can get 9ft slabs (pre-fab) for 90 bucks out here in L.A.

IF you plan to re-sell, invest. Everyone and they grandmas want granite

I was JUST getting ready to say this. We're in the process of renovating our entire kitchen and our upstairs bathroom and we've got granite going on the counters in the kitchen/ bath and around my tubs edge. A lot less expensive if it's prefab which is what we're getting.

I was in Asia last year, and I remember seeing this elephant print sofa. I thought this is something NT would go crazy over, it's wasn't even tacky looking, it was actually tasteful.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

My concern are dressers. I swear I buy dressers for my clothing and they could never fully support any kind of weight, the bottom would become loose or just fall off.

I figure I would ask for any good designer brands, tired of getting that Ikea junk.
Depends how much you want to spend. If you've got the money, consider getting something custom built.

This house I'm cost managing earthquake repair work for at the moment has a dressing room with the most insane joinery in it. All custom made, I want to say mahogany but it could be something with a veneer on it, floor to ceiling mirrors, one piece even has a granite bench top. The client's are made though.

But it's a good idea to consider, it doesn't have to be made out of the most expensive material you can buy.

What kinda of shops/site are good for custom dressers in your opinion?
Thanks for the info by the way.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I posted the mess I went through with the other coffee table I was trying to order.  Well, I found an almost identical style.  Only thing is, it's twice the price (so I'm hoping much better quality).  I just ordered.

My couch and chairs are due to arrive in late August, so I will share pictures of my new formal living room once everything arrives.

292qp1l.jpg
Nice! I really like the flat lines of the base of the couch with the rounded cushions & pillows. Sucks you had to pay a ton more than the other one you posted, but a couch is one of the purchases that you just throw down on once and have for awhile anyways. Can't skimp and regret it long-term.

Chewtoy -- great updates! Now get some damn art for above your couch.

I just moved into my own place: a nice 1015 sq ft 1 bed 1 bath.

It's gonna take some time but I can't wait to gradually add in all cool stuff to make it look like a nice pad.

I'll post pics eventually when it's all settled in.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

What kinda of shops/site are good for custom dressers in your opinion?
Thanks for the info by the way.
I'm not from the States so I can't offer any shops, but look for a company that make custom kitchens and staircases, or even do shop fitouts. Here in New Zealand most joinery company's will make them.

Look in your commercial phone book (here we have two kinds, commercial and residential (and I'm not sure if it's the same over there)) under joinery and see if a heap of companies have advertisements that list what they offer. It wouldn't hurt to scope a few out and see what they provide.

Another good idea if you are considering a custom piece, is to get what you want really down pat in regards to details. Design, material, finish, overall size, do you want drawers, how deep, how many, sizes, is it going in a specific area, are there things regarding that, that need to be considered? It may be just a dresser, but coming from a designer/builder POV it's always great to have a client that knows what they want, even if it's not carved in stone. Having that from the get go can make the whole process so much better and easier.

Hindsight can be a %$@*! sometimes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Lyrical92

Originally Posted by sloanboy

bout to move in my crib next month whats some must have drinks for the ladies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM 
All you need as far as drinks and such  
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

fambs... SO MANY QUOTABLES IN THIS VID!!!!!!

"that's a chrome garbage can! i aint ever seen a chrome garbage can before."

"n____ made a pizza!"

"this sheet goes all the way to the back. i stay stocked w/ it. no frontin"

"for the hood chicks... BAM... i got a drawer fulla kool aid... what flavor you want, n____? i got... blue..."

"you can drink this sheet man... and it aint butter... its butter flavor... but... its good as hell"

"BAM! HIT THEM LIL N___ W/ A FREEZE POP"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"snacks on snacks, n___... i got 4... 7...  8, 9 different flavors of cereal."

"you gotta throw that lil n____ off.. you wanna play the ps3 or the xbox?"

"to the makers of koolaid... will you n____ stop fillin the juice all the way to the muhfugga top?"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just ordered a BoConcept couch, man am I excited to finally get a couch!
laugh.gif

Was on sale, wasn't cheap but quality stuff. Can't post pics because it's customized, but it has a 60's vibe to it, grey mojave fabric.
pimp.gif

About to move in a 180 sq ft studio in September. I'm going to fit a 47 inch wide bed, a chair, a desk and two dresser in it. I'll post some pics of how everything works out at some point. I have to say I'm excited
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

About to move in a 180 sq ft studio in September. I'm going to fit a 47 inch wide bed, a chair, a desk and two dresser in it. I'll post some pics of how everything works out at some point. I have to say I'm excited
pimp.gif

180 sq ft?!  That is literally a human shoebox.

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
you're not kidding. I thought my 900 sq ft condo was small

Originally Posted by finnns2003

pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah I know it's small as hell 
laugh.gif
 It's a student appartment with a $370 rent and great transportation choices though so I'm not complaining 
ohwell.gif

Chewtoy... looking good, but invest in some better window treatments (either curtains or wood shades).  It will make the place look a lot better than those cheap white blinds.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeah I know it's small as hell 
laugh.gif
 It's a student apartment with a $370 rent and great transportation choices though so I'm not complaining 
ohwell.gif
Bro... You can't be calling that an apartment. That's just insulting. Jail cells are bigger than that. How are you supposed to smash on that bed?!

Edit: Quik that's a dope place (I'm going to have to go back a few pages to find the sites you're getting these from) I love the storage running along the length. I'm hoping to have something like that in my place when I eventually get one. The light colours make the room seem a lot bigger as well, I'd be interested to know the size of it just to put it into perspective.

Back
Top Bottom