Bachelor Pad.

some before pics:

told ya it was hideous.
laugh.gif

and i'm currently looking for a cocktail table... looking for something two-tiered, can't be square or rectangle shaped, any suggestions would be appreciated.  i remember someone in here had that bad *%# table, it was square with 4 parts that expanded in different directions.

Originally Posted by Baller23217

unit_Q2.jpg

this is my spot.  i think it's right around 950 sq ft.
the buckhead grand is hella nice but being off 400n is nothing but trouble for traffic. i remember some of the two bedrooms were just 
eek.gif

i ended up living at the viewpoint, which wasn't a bad experience at all.

This is the lay out of the apartment I just moved into about a month ago. Been really hectic with work and moving out of my old place and into this so I still haven't really settled into it yet but I'm getting there. I'll try to post pics later.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

That fireplace refit is dope. Good work.

This. Is it in a corner of the room?
nerd.gif
I've never seen a fireplace in a corner like that, unless it's angled out towards the room...

Found this while I was flicking through a design magazine. It's infused acrylic. You can basically use it for anything, table tops, partitions, feature walls, on the side of joinery. I wish there were more designs though, it's pretty limited. But I'm sure there are companies overseas that do it, not just in New Zealand.

11-14652.jpg

620x330.jpg
620x330.jpg

interior-design-acrylic-2.jpg

1733.jpg

620x310.jpg

The marble almost looks real.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Congrats Mez.
My first suggestion...  adopt a cat 
glasses.gif
This.

To the guy asking about his cat scratching the furniture... will he/she let you clip hits nails?  If you do it while the cat is relaxed, it's easier.  Kinda have to start when they're young so they get used to it, though.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Found this while I was flicking through a design magazine. It's infused acrylic. You can basically use it for anything, table tops, partitions, feature walls, on the side of joinery. I wish there were more designs though, it's pretty limited. But I'm sure there are companies overseas that do it, not just in New Zealand.
there's a big company here in the US called "3form" that does a lot of this acrylic/resin panel type stuff.

Wildkycat, that place isn't bad at all. I'd be happy as hell to live there 
laugh.gif
(not saying my place is trash)...But it's definitely not as bad as you make it out to be.

Clean it here and there, put some furniture and it'll be a new place.

Yea i can see fine, they dont make screens this size. And if i get it custom it will be a lot of money so for now the wall is good.

nerd.gif
I've never seen a fireplace in a corner like that, unless it's angled out towards the room...
thanks... it's kind of in a corner, could you not see the pic?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Wildkycat, that place isn't bad at all. I'd be happy as hell to live there 
laugh.gif
(not saying my place is trash)...But it's definitely not as bad as you make it out to be.

Clean it here and there, put some furniture and it'll be a new place.

lol, nah, the place sets up really cool... i was just really talking about how it was painted, the wall paper, the shell sink, old aluminum closet doors, ect.  i'll post some of the after pics.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

nerd.gif
thanks... it's kind of in a corner, could you not see the pic?
Yeah, just wasn't sure if the wall jutting out was only a little bit or a whole entire wall. Looks really clean though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Well here are some clearer photos from earlier, all the lofts in the industrial building are built alike, walk in closet space, good sized bathroom, lareg space for kitchen/table/couch and television set, very very high cielings and just a wide space. 15 minutes away from Union Square Manhattan next to all the popular bars/restaurants etc.

Need some ideas in terms of what kind of furniture, I was thinking more of a chocolate brown couch but the floors throw me off. Thought about painting the walls as well.

Rooftop 

I don't know anything about apartments.  i wanted to know is that roof top  a common area for everyone in the building? New Years must be super rad.
BTW thats an awesome crib you got there.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sofa has arrived after 3 months.  My white living room is complete 
happy.gif

img1923pg.jpg
4wrestling, where did you get that area rug?  online, or somewhere local to you?

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

new pick up,Look closely at the wall.

Forget a couple of flowers 

1080p  This is just the basement.

How is the projector? I was thinking about buying one for my room. 

OnTheNephs you dont need a screen. My girl told me they have a special paint now for projectors, so you can just use the wall.

Originally Posted by MA3LK

Well here are some clearer photos from earlier, all the lofts in the industrial building are built alike, walk in closet space, good sized bathroom, lareg space for kitchen/table/couch and television set, very very high cielings and just a wide space. 15 minutes away from Union Square Manhattan next to all the popular bars/restaurants etc.

Need some ideas in terms of what kind of furniture, I was thinking more of a chocolate brown couch but the floors throw me off. Thought about painting the walls as well.

Rooftop 

I don't know anything about apartments.  i wanted to know is that roof top  a common area for everyone in the building? New Years must be super rad.

44 Berry? Ive been on that rooftop quite a few times.

Originally Posted by Physicx

how many sq ft is your guys' places?

heres something im looking at right now

SmWPP_Bachelor.jpg

son, WPP is single handedly thee best location for an apartment in all of Edmonton.
I don't care if it's a closet for $800/mnth - get in if you can....

dat UofA tail 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aBKLYNthing

Originally Posted by MA3LK

Rooftop 

44 Berry? Ive been on that rooftop quite a few times.
Its around the area
pimp.gif

and yea its a common area for people to hang out, I wish it was my own
laugh.gif

I might be moving to the Cupertino, CA area for work. Anyone know some decent places around that area? I'm trying to look myself but I don't know where to look. I'd like less than 30-45 minute commute if possible either by public transit or by car. If anyone knows that area that can help I'd appreciate it. Looking for at least a 1br/1ba, a studio would probably not be big enough for me.

Edit: Also I don't know how much I'll be making, I'll be using the prices for places as a basis on what I would accept as a salary offer.

Back
Top Bottom