Bachelor Pad.

thrift shop pickup $10
CCF1E951-775F-43C4-BD03-A2E54AF7A697.jpeg

We’ve got a garage and walls fellas! Lol. Still got a couple months from the targeted finish date and we’re getting ansy. Got lotsa ideas from this thread, as well as watching a million videos on decorating, landscaping and garage ideas. Oh and gotta do the entertainment area right, so if you wanna post yours I’d appreciate it :smile:

B94E2793-F8AD-4F15-A52F-B376B684DB0A.jpeg
8CC2D002-6F83-4799-8314-14620B1F6A7D.jpeg
9D2C9770-2714-45CE-9DDD-1A8CD37CF365.jpeg

Last edited:
YEA THEY ARE WILDLY EXPENSIVE. MY WIFE WAS SPECIFIC ON THE SHADES SHE WANTED AND I WAS ADAMANT ON HAVING A FULLY AUTOMATED HOME WITH APPLE’S HOMEKIT AND SIRI CONTROL, SO WE WERE PRETTY MUCH LOCKED IN WITH HUNTER DOUGLAS. WE HAD REGULAR BLINDS FROM LOWES IN OUR LAST HOUSE AND THEY WERE AWFUL.

WHAT LABOR WAS INVOLVED WITH GETTING THE WALLS FLAT? SANDING AND REPAINTING? I DONT ENVY THAT AT ALL LOL. THE PIC YOU POSTED LOOKS SO DOPE. POST PICS OF THE PROGRESS.

THE BUILDER DID FLAT WALLS PAINTED WHITE WITH SOME LIGHT GREY ACCENT WALLS SPRINKLED THROUGHOUT OUR HOME SO WE GOT LUCKY IN THAT REGARD. I CANT STAND TEXTURED WALLS OR POPCORN CEILINGS.

Oh....that pic isn't my pad. It's definitely not as clean as that. We did some work on it today and just panting and taping off the walls is a total nightmare, especially when it's not a super flat wall. So the paint went all underneath the tape. But we did sanding, mudding to fill in the gaps and lows, resand, prime, sand again, then paint and then do the details on the paint with all the crown molding and trim. What's crazy is we only did two accent walls and the rest of it was white and it was still a total nightmare.

I just got a new 65" LED 4k TV. If there are things that make a pad that much better, it's definitely a TV. Got it mounted and hid all the wires. I'll post pics when everything is done.

Yeah, out here in LA it's a lot of Middle Eastern and Asian folks coming in and scooping up property with Cash money.
Hard for your average local to compete. And becoming even harder since the prices are just being driven up.

Yeah, out here in LA it's a lot of Middle Eastern and Asian folks coming in and scooping up property with Cash money.
Hard for your average local to compete. And becoming even harder since the prices are just being driven up.

Happens in NYC with condos, and hi-rise apartments, as well as Houston suburbs.

Oh....that pic isn't my pad. It's definitely not as clean as that. We did some work on it today and just panting and taping off the walls is a total nightmare, especially when it's not a super flat wall. So the paint went all underneath the tape. But we did sanding, mudding to fill in the gaps and lows, resand, prime, sand again, then paint and then do the details on the paint with all the crown molding and trim. What's crazy is we only did two accent walls and the rest of it was white and it was still a total nightmare.

I just got a new 65" LED 4k TV. If there are things that make a pad that much better, it's definitely a TV. Got it mounted and hid all the wires. I'll post pics when everything is done.

I AGREE, I JUST ORDERED 3 LG OLED E8 TV’S. A 65” FOR THE BASEMENT AND 2 55” FOR THE MASTER BEDROOM AND LIVING ROOM. HOW HARD WAS IT TO HIDE THE WIRES IN THE WALL? IM THINKING OF TACKLING THAT PART MYSELF.

I AGREE, I JUST ORDERED 3 LG OLED E8 TV’S. A 65” FOR THE BASEMENT AND 2 55” FOR THE MASTER BEDROOM AND LIVING ROOM. HOW HARD WAS IT TO HIDE THE WIRES IN THE WALL? IM THINKING OF TACKLING THAT PART MYSELF.

Bruh.....you are on a shopping spree! Props for that. I had to put that TV on 24 month no APR Best Buy plan but I just landed a new job last week so will pay it off asap.

I wouldn't say it's hard to hide wires for say contractors but to the normal "Joe Shmoe", it might be complicated. By the end of it, you have to cut a hole in the dry wall and thread the wires from one side to the other to hide the wires. It might be kind of craze to break into the walls but it's what people do anyways to mount TVs. You have to drill the TV rack on the studs and it will hold no problem.

Check out the link below. Pretty much how we did it. You definitely might need a stud finder to get the job done.

Bruh.....you are on a shopping spree! Props for that. I had to put that TV on 24 month no APR Best Buy plan but I just landed a new job last week so will pay it off asap.

I wouldn't say it's hard to hide wires for say contractors but to the normal "Joe Shmoe", it might be complicated. By the end of it, you have to cut a hole in the dry wall and thread the wires from one side to the other to hide the wires. It might be kind of craze to break into the walls but it's what people do anyways to mount TVs. You have to drill the TV rack on the studs and it will hold no problem.

Check out the link below. Pretty much how we did it. You definitely might need a stud finder to get the job done.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU PAID TOO MUCH FOR THAT TV IF YOU BOUGHT IT FROM BEST BUY. YOU SHOULD GO ON AVSFORUMS.COM . ONE OF THEIR SITE SPONSORS IS A SPOT CALLED CLEVELAND PLASMA. THEY ARE WELL KNOWN WITH AUDIO/VIDEO HEADS FOR HAVING SOME OF THE BEST TV PRICES IN THE COUNTRY. THEY SELL TV'S NEAR STREET PRICE. FREE SHIPPING AND NO TAX. MANUFACTURER WARRANTY. THE WHOLE NINE YARDS. I'VE BOUGHT FROM THEM BEFORE AND USED THEM FOR MY OLED PURCHASES. YOU HAVE TO PAY IN FULL BUT WELL WORTH IT TO GET 40-45% OFF MSRP.

I CHECKED OUT THAT VIDEO AND IT DOESN'T LOOK DIFFICULT AT ALL TO HIDE THE WIRES. DEF WILL DO IT MYSELF. THE FIREBLOCK IN THE WALL COULD BE A PROBLEM THOUGH. I WILL CHECK IF I HAVE THOSE. I ALREADY OWN A STUD FINDER.

Keep it up fellas happy to see all the progress in here. Patiently working on buying a house been frustrating but reading the progress got me happy for yall keep flourishing brethren

You’re the one that mentioned looking in the Bay right? Yea it’s extra bananas there. Keep trying, something will stick.

You’re the one that mentioned looking in the Bay right? Yea it’s extra bananas there. Keep trying, something will stick.
Thanks man. Doing my best to stay positive. Lost a bid where i had the highest offer still couldnt get an acceptance.

Just waiting on gods plan brethren

Back
Top Bottom