Bachelor Pad.

FIRST THINGS TO MOVE IN WERE MY DISPLAY CASES. SPENT A WHOLE DAY CUSTOM WIRING THEM FOR LIGHTS AND SETTING UP MY HOT TOYS FIGURES.

0E6F9383-E11F-4C16-AF66-40CF223A6940.jpeg

C104A82F-DD39-4FC6-AD55-23CE4E6B9B72.jpeg

BD03BCDA-1136-44A8-ABE6-2CCF90985505.jpeg

B42D8B03-1C62-40DE-A451-ECFFB3F01815.jpeg

0B8CD4D6-839E-4A31-9962-49B9D7BC3052.jpeg

1D3953C5-D018-4088-ACAB-C3D9659DADD4.jpeg

80A32538-B154-4279-BAED-7F65B443ABD0.jpeg

C9F89C52-A0C5-4559-B1EB-1EEE0708D217.jpeg

53D12FDB-FF8B-4532-8998-3581293B8F23.jpeg

STILL NEED TO FINISH BUILDING MY DISPLAY COFFEE TABLE, BUY A COUCH, HANG MY ART PRINTS, MOVE THE TV AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM IN. GONNA BE BUSY NEXT FEW WEEKS :lol:

Last edited:
Dope!

I hate low ceiling basements, like they couldn’t dig a foot or two deeper :smh: :lol:

I like the open ceiling look, I’m guessing you painted the wood black?

Dope!

I hate low ceiling basements, like they couldn’t dig a foot or two deeper :smh: :lol:

I like the open ceiling look, I’m guessing you painted the wood black?

MAKES NO SENSE TO ME TO NOT GO THAT EXTRA FOOT OR TWO DOWN BUT I GUESS BASEMENTS ARENT REALLY MEANT TO BE LIVING SPACES. THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAMS ARE AT 7 FT SO NOT TOO BAD.

YEA THE ENTIRE CEILING IS PAINTED BLACK AND IT DOES A GOOD JOB OF HIDING ALL THE PLUMBING AND WIRING UP THERE. ALSO MAKES IT FEEL TALLER. CREATING A TRUE CEILING JUST WASNT GOING TO HAPPEN. I LIKE THE OPEN LOOK. GIVES AN INDUSTRIAL VIBE

Yea, the open look is definitely a good touch especially being that you painted everything

How’d you go about painting it?

Love the look of your display case.

I'm sure your basement will soon be a vault for all of your Hot Toys collections.:lol:

memphissfinest memphissfinest Looks good.

When you did the flooring - did you have to level it first? Anything under the LVT (like cork / foam)?

I DIDNT DO THE FLOORING. THE CONTRACTORS DID, BUT I OBSERVED WHAT THEY DID. THEY MIXED AND POURED LEVELING CEMENT ON THE FLOOR AND THEN JUST LET IT DRY LOL. THE LIQUID CEMENT IS SELF LEVELING. IT WILL FIND THE LOW SPOTS AND WORK ITS WAY IN ON ITS OWN. NO NEED FOR YOU TO DO MUCH ELSE. ONCE DRY THEY SANDED ANY AREAS THAT NEED IT TO GET IT EXTRA SMOOTH. HOW MUCH OF THE LIQUID LEVEL CEMENT YOU NEEDS DEPENDS ON HOW OUT OF LEVEL OR SMOOTHNESS YOU ARE.

I DIDNT DO THE FLOORING. THE CONTRACTORS DID, BUT I OBSERVED WHAT THEY DID. THEY MIXED AND POURED LEVELING CEMENT ON THE FLOOR AND THEN JUST LET IT DRY LOL. THE LIQUID CEMENT IS SELF LEVELING. IT WILL FIND THE LOW SPOTS AND WORK ITS WAY IN ON ITS OWN. NO NEED FOR YOU TO DO MUCH ELSE. ONCE DRY THEY SANDED ANY AREAS THAT NEED IT TO GET IT EXTRA SMOOTH. HOW MUCH OF THE LIQUID LEVEL CEMENT YOU NEEDS DEPENDS ON HOW OUT OF LEVEL OR SMOOTHNESS YOU ARE.

Yea we had another contractor in on Friday. He mentioned that if we wanted to go LVT in the basement, we'd need to level quite a bit because of our entire basement, it sort of dips / low point around the whole perimeter. So I'm trying to decide if we should actually do that, or just throw carpet back down.

131D5902-FF1A-455B-9B78-A6419617958E.jpeg
ABE9669D-1BFE-434C-82E8-96E9290317D1.jpeg
D7D938C0-2F74-4FD6-8714-CEFF69D5D3AE.jpeg
A73DF4C7-6573-4A0F-AC55-DC0C59EEB3F9.jpeg
16597FF7-C0AF-4D94-A63B-11457B68D448.jpeg

50E57CFF-1F09-429D-A179-40A5476E8FEA.jpeg
F840D304-8C75-4302-B725-28B58940BEAC.jpeg
E176D089-FA89-47FC-A6A3-2D8D46B6F5C5.jpeg
The result of breaking up with your girl, leaving the house, leaving with just your shoes and clothes— you get to restart and buy everything you want ha. Down to a two bedroom cozy apartment, couldn’t be happier. Most of the artwork is from my boy Hebru Brantley.

this is so dope, chicago stuff ... i wear more of their designers than i do my own hometown ...don c, virgil, hebru, joefreshgoods, fashion geek ...all the good people over at fat tiger do dope work... btw, are you from atr?

Yea we had another contractor in on Friday. He mentioned that if we wanted to go LVT in the basement, we'd need to level quite a bit because of our entire basement, it sort of dips / low point around the whole perimeter. So I'm trying to decide if we should actually do that, or just throw carpet back down.

AN OPTION YOU COULD EXPLORE IS HAVE THEM PUT ENOUGH LIQUID LEVELING CEMENT DOWN TO SMOOTH OUT THE DIPS AND VALLEYS BUT NOT LEVEL IT. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TERMS SMOOTHNESS AND LEVEL. IF THEY SMOOTH IT OUT THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE A GLUE DOWN VINYL INSTEAD OF A CLICK TOGETHER VINYL. A GLUE DOWN VINYL WILL GO DOWN NO PROBLEM ON A NON-LEVEL FLOOR AS LONG AS IT IS SMOOTH. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CARPET IN THE BASEMENT. IF THAT CARPET WERE TO GET WET...

AN OPTION YOU COULD EXPLORE IS HAVE THEM PUT ENOUGH LIQUID LEVELING CEMENT DOWN TO SMOOTH OUT THE DIPS AND VALLEYS BUT NOT LEVEL IT. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TERMS SMOOTHNESS AND LEVEL. IF THEY SMOOTH IT OUT THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE A GLUE DOWN VINYL INSTEAD OF A CLICK TOGETHER VINYL. A GLUE DOWN VINYL WILL GO DOWN NO PROBLEM ON A NON-LEVEL FLOOR AS LONG AS IT IS SMOOTH. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CARPET IN THE BASEMENT. IF THAT CARPET WERE TO GET WET...

yea... carpet got wet when the hose to our hot water tank burst while we were on vacation for 11 days. That was back in August. Had a fully finished basement that was all carpeted, with 2 bedrooms, main living room area with projector, full bathroom, laundry room.

Right now it is just a concrete floor with a bunch of exposed studs / concrete slab walls. They ripped all the carpet, drywall, furniture, bathroom, etc completely out.

yea... carpet got wet when the hose to our hot water tank burst while we were on vacation for 11 days. That was back in August. Had a fully finished basement that was all carpeted, with 2 bedrooms, main living room area with projector, full bathroom, laundry room.

Right now it is just a concrete floor with a bunch of exposed studs / concrete slab walls. They ripped all the carpet, drywall, furniture, bathroom, etc completely out.

MAN THAT IS TOUGH. WHAT WAS THE CAUSE FOR THE FAILURE? DID INSURANCE COVER IT?

AT THE VERY LEAST, NOW YOU HAVE A CLEAN SLATE.

MAN THAT IS TOUGH. WHAT WAS THE CAUSE FOR THE FAILURE? DID INSURANCE COVER IT?

AT THE VERY LEAST, NOW YOU HAVE A CLEAN SLATE.

Not sure on what caused it within the Stainless Braided line, but it had 4-5 holes that were just shooting water out in every direction. Got home from vacation and saw the water couple inches deep at bottom of steps, ran down there and turned off the main water supply from the city - then opened up the furnace room door (which was a folding french door, basically melted from the water so I just had to HULK it off the hinges) and then saw the water still spraying out of those 4-5 holes.

Insurance is covering it, but its going to be a long drawn out process. Pretty much wrecked everything in the basement. Now I have a new hot water tank and new furnace ($5k+) since the old one (which was only a 2011) was rusted / mother board burnt out. Wood floors upstairs buckled from the humidity/water, drywall tape peeled in multiple spots, moisture stains on our vaulted ceilings, water damage behind our kitchen sink/cabinets (which are directly above the furnace room), etc.

Definitely have a pretty blank slate to work with. 100% downstairs, as well as fixing what was damaged upstairs. Might blow out our kitchen wall to open up the upstairs a little bit, since the contractor said they're going to have to remove the cabinets to get behind sink, and with that they'll have to rip up the backsplash etc.

What are some of everyone's favorite "smart home" products?

Trying to start converting over to the life. Currently have a nest thermostat, outdoor cameras, hue lights in a few rooms and a couple Google speakers.

Door locks are probably next for me.

What are some of everyone's favorite "smart home" products?

Trying to start converting over to the life. Currently have a nest thermostat, outdoor cameras, hue lights in a few rooms and a couple Google speakers.

Door locks are probably next for me.

I posted it couple pages back but I have the August smart lock hooked up to my Home Kit. It's been great so far but had one hiccup where it didn't unlock but you can still use your key to open the door. But it's just nice to go home and not have to take out my keys. And it's nice that it shows me the status of the lock and if I want to be super lazy, to lock and unlock the door via Siri.

I would smart all my light bulbs if I can but none of them are the traditional smart bulbs and are mostly other LED lights. There really isn't that much else I can do in a condo.

this is so dope, chicago stuff ... i wear more of their designers than i do my own hometown ...don c, virgil, hebru, joefreshgoods, fashion geek ...all the good people over at fat tiger do dope work... btw, are you from atr?
Ty is ATR.

Ty is ATR.

Ty is ATR.

i figured this is the best place to ask... but what yall think of a 8 x 10 bedroom and living room? can i fit a full size bed? i would like a queen but that sounds unrealistic...it sounds small i know but the rent is 795 here and in NJ is tough to find for that price for an apartment...i didnt see the place yet in person but talked to the landlord over the phone...should see it soon... they said the tenant will be leaving by first week of november... will be my first time moving out the crib and getting my own spot :lol:

Back
Top Bottom