Bachelor Pad.

While we’re on the topic .. how often are you guys changing/washing your bed set? Growing up my mom got me in the habit of doing it every week or 2 weeks at most
2 weeks is the max and switch it out for each new joint I smash

What mattresses are we using in here?
Copped a Purple 2 going on 3 months ago. Researched like hell and went to local stores to try everything out.

I have no complaints thus far, except for the fact that is has me drooling sometimes the sleep is so good :lol:

Not really a bachelor's pad any more, per say... but it hasn't made the post baby transformation yet.

20200424_131046.jpg
20200424_131039.jpg
20200424_131112.jpg
20200424_130529.jpg
20200424_131017.jpg
20200424_130612.jpg
20200424_130510.jpg
20200424_123606.jpg

Attachments

• 20200424_131039.jpg
    20200424_131039.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200424_131046.jpg
    20200424_131046.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 18
Thinking of redoing one of my bedrooms and my kitchen into a rustic/homestyle.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

What does redoing mean to you? Redoing the furniture/paint? Or going as far as adding new appliances/fixtures/molding etc.

Wow, dope. I’d find pictures that I like for reference to start. From there, purchase products close to your liking, factoring 10% of extra in material. Work In sections and try to get as much “free” help as possible.

A whole remodeling. Structuring, paint, fixtures, etc.
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I got hooked on this show, she's amazing. It's sponsored by Lowe's and she does home remodels in a weekend, 5 projects a show, using just stuff you could buy at Lowe's, usually building things that 100x the space every time for minimal budget. You said rustic so I'm thinking lots of natural wood tones, you could do a wood accent wall. You want the reclaimed look, should be able to find pallet free and use brad nails or construction adhesive/nails (depending on if you rent or own) to attach to the wall. Or they make peel and stick wood accent walls or shiplap look https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grosfil...orative-Wall-Panel-18-Pack-USC58438/301953469 or you could do a wood headboard with minimal tools and experience, just buy a 8ftx4ft peice of 1/2 inch plywood for like 15 bucks and get 1 by 4 x 8ft for about 3 and have Lowe's cut the pieces before you leave to whatever design you like. Something like this you could make in a few hours You could get furniture from the Ikea tarva lane is naked wood and leave it natural or stain it a different stain

I am about to move into some apartments in the desirable part of town, but subpar to average apartments. Anyone ever improve a rental without asking? I mean they can keep my deposit and be mad, but if I make it better will they really care or just be like, "you shouldnt have done this, but thanks" and then rent it for $200 more after I move out and call it a premium unit

I got hooked on this show, she's amazing.

On what show? The video you linked is for Home Depot and its a dude?

As far as "improving" a rental - is it an apartment, or a condo owned by someone? Check your lease but depending on what you are doing, some lease agreements make you fill in nail holes etc. when you leave

Oh I didn't link the show. It's called the Weekender and she usually does things with plywood and galvanized pipe is her favorite and fixtures/paints/accessories you could get at Lowe's to do her projects in a weekend on limited budget. Here is an episode in Season 4, ep 10 about turning a master rustic. Here's the whole shows playlist on Youtube

Oh, and I am talking about moving into an apartment. Yea, filling back in holes in walls and painting back to the default color is expected. I mean, I might just rip the carpet up and put laminate wood down, and put in new toilets. Heck, carpet is so cheap I could put carpet back over it before I leave or undo it and put new carpet

Last edited:
Bunch of inspiraiton videos DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

[/spoler]

I am probably going to do some sort of reclaimed (or just pallet) wood treatment to my Kallax and maybe get the Tarva 6 drawer dresser from Ikea and the nightstand 3 drawer piece that goes with it and do something similar. I also want to build my own dining table but I go back and forth between if I want to do a farmhouse table and how simple I can do that or try to do an epoxy table and maybe purchase some metal legs. Also might build a Murphy bed for my daughter because one apartment I might choose her room is only 8x10 and there's no reason for those hardware kits to be $300 when I seen people do it with long door hinges or boat seat swivels which cost $7 A twin bed isn't that heavy so I dont need springs or pistons to help me lift it

Last edited:
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I got hooked on this show, she's amazing. It's sponsored by Lowe's and she does home remodels in a weekend, 5 projects a show, using just stuff you could buy at Lowe's, usually building things that 100x the space every time for minimal budget. You said rustic so I'm thinking lots of natural wood tones, you could do a wood accent wall. You want the reclaimed look, should be able to find pallet free and use brad nails or construction adhesive/nails (depending on if you rent or own) to attach to the wall. Or they make peel and stick wood accent walls or shiplap look https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grosfil...orative-Wall-Panel-18-Pack-USC58438/301953469 or you could do a wood headboard with minimal tools and experience, just buy a 8ftx4ft peice of 1/2 inch plywood for like 15 bucks and get 1 by 4 x 8ft for about 3 and have Lowe's cut the pieces before you leave to whatever design you like. Something like this you could make in a few hours You could get furniture from the Ikea tarva lane is naked wood and leave it natural or stain it a different stain

I am about to move into some apartments in the desirable part of town, but subpar to average apartments. Anyone ever improve a rental without asking? I mean they can keep my deposit and be mad, but if I make it better will they really care or just be like, "you shouldnt have done this, but thanks" and then rent it for $200 more after I move out and call it a premium unit

Good look man. I will look through for some ideas.

Question for All.

I have NEVER had a dishwasher. I view it as just something else that can break but I am all for being energy efficient.

Will having one save me THAT much money on average?

B Sox B Sox
jjs07 jjs07

Good look man. I will look through for some ideas.

Question for All.

I have NEVER had a dishwasher. I view it as just something else that can break but I am all for being energy efficient.

Will having one save me THAT much money on average?

B Sox B Sox
jjs07 jjs07
Why you tag us?

I feel like I basically wash everything before I throw it in the dishwasher anyways.

I've never felt like they work, dishes always come out spotty to me. I just hand wash and towel dry them ****s and put them up right away. Not really a bachelor, but I'm bout to move next month gonna view a 3br 24th floor "penthouse," but it's probably more than I want to pay right now at ~$1500, then have to pay for garage parking and coin op laundry.

Lol, where do you live? That's how much I pay for my 2 bedroom apartment in Colorado and it sure as hell ain't a penthouse, playboy.

Back
Top Bottom