Bachelor Pad.

No shame in buying 2nd hand Ikea if you’re just starting out. Sometimes you can find some sick deals.

Copped a 2nd hand table to set up a home office during quarantine. Paid $30 basically new.
No shame in buying secondhand at all if it is your first place and in good condition. I remember my first apartment 2BD/2BA 1000 sq YEARS ago for $825. I spent my tuition reimbursement check to buy pots and pans and stuff for the kitchen.

tips on hanging **** on a wall

I can never find a stud and I’ll afraid to just poke holes in drywall but that’s how it’s looking

2nd hand IKEA all day is a win, esp if you live in a city with an IKEA there's tons and you save having to assemble it yourself, same with the as is section in the store.

I can never find a stud and I’ll afraid to just poke holes in drywall but that’s how it’s looking
you can buy a studfinder for about 19.99. #Brokeboys hack, you can buy one, use it without taking it out the box and return it but I know your money right. Typically tho, they're every 16 inches on center, but they can be 24 (I'm about to build a room tomorrow in the condo and I'm going to do 24 just to save material/money since it's not load bearing.) So you could start from the corner, mark out 1.5 inches (because a 2x4 is actually 1.5x3.5) and that's the end of the stud. Place a mark in the middle at 0.75, then mark every 16 inches from there. Should be a stud. You can also tap on it with your knuckle and if it;s hollow vs the stud makes a different noise. They also have drywall anchors that can hold up to like 40lbs or more which should be fine for everything except a tv

What are you trying to hang up?

Anyways pick the desired area and tap the wall lightly with your fist (like you're knocking on a door) and you'll hear where the hollow areas areas, once you find the stud...you'll know the difference based on the sound. Drill away!

Other option would be is to just a purchase a stud finder (a good one can be had for ~$20)....if you only need it for this purpose, you can always return it after you use it...places like home depot have a really flexible return policy

Unless you're hanging something really heavy, drill a pilot hole and put in a drywall anchor and you should be fine. Command strips are pretty dam easy too.

Unless you're hanging something really heavy, drill a pilot hole and put in a drywall anchor and you should be fine. Command strips are pretty dam easy too.

Yep, if you're going straight thru drywall just use an anchor + screw.

Anyone got advice for medium/larger plants? Something lower maintenance. Trying to make my room more modern/sophisticated looking if it matters.

I bought a bunch of fake plants and it was such a gigantic waste of money cause I ended up deciding I didn't like the look of it for bigger plants.

Anyone got advice for medium/larger plants? Something lower maintenance. Trying to make my room more modern/sophisticated looking if it matters.

I bought a bunch of fake plants and it was such a gigantic waste of money cause I ended up deciding I didn't like the look of it for bigger plants.

Home depot got some decent ones , you just have to take care of them

Elephant ears and snake plants

I’m a fan of cacti. I have a 5ft one in a case study planter.
It’s a modern look, adds color, and is VERY little maintenance.

Funny, my girl just came home with a fiddle fig today for the living room. Moved the cactus that was there to my office.

This may work for you too whatscomplex whatscomplex .

EE57D0EB-89F7-4C22-963E-F0CEEBB1C0F5.jpeg

What appliances do you guys have?

Looking for an appliance set (fridge, oven, stove, microwave).

Back
Top Bottom