Barber pet peeves

just hate how my dude changes his attitude towards appointments every week
then looks at me crazy when I ask.

"? we don't do appts... its only me here, how can I do an appointment?... you're after him, he called"

%!$@ YOU CALL THAT?!

and when he's quick to chop/trim my beard without asking...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
been growin it for 3 weeks!
mad.gif

I agree completely with many of the grievances expressed in this post in regard to barbers. And I'm wondering, does anyone line themselves up in thefront, and then just have the barber do the rest? I've been doing that for the past year now, and it gurantees I won't leave the shop with a pushedback edge up. No one knows your hairline better than you, which is why I copped some andis outliners, adjusted the blades, and have done the front (which Ifeel many will agree is one of the most critical aspects of a cut) and do it myself.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

the "lean in"
smh.gif
tired.gif
I hate that.
Huh?

• Having convos with others instead of giving me a cut
  • Alcohol spray without covering face/ears
  • Long %%% lines
  • DRINKING while giving someone a cut
  • %%%!*%% up my shapeup

The barber messing up my shapeup.
The barber singing or humming songs while he/she cuts.
Waiting for like 30-45 minutes even when the shop isn't close to half-full.

when i know he can cut a good fade and i ask for a fade and he says ''alright ill fade you up'' and a few minutes later homie tries saving hesdone and theres no fade

otherthan that my barber cuts gud
pimp.gif

the only pet peeve is when he arrives later to the shop..or if he unexpectedly goes away for vacation

Some advice to anyone who is considering going to Cutty's on Parsons in Queens...if the sign says they open at 10am, it's really 12pm.

you can feel him goin back on your hairline but you cant see it yet, then he spins the chair around
indifferent.gif
.......damn

- not keeping track/overcrowding their schedule
i used to call hours in advance for my last shop, then i'd show up 10 minutes before and be waiting for like 3 dudes to get a cut before me
- trying to sell me things while cutting my hair
my last barber tried to sell me rims and fake nikes several times
- touching my lips when trimming my mustache
my last barber used to use a blade to trim my lips with one hand, and have like 2 fingers on my lips at the same time FOR NO REASON.. sometimes he would movethem randomly after you could tell he just realized how gay he was looking
- touching my face
i always go home and wash my face after getting a cut cuz my new barber stays touching all over my cheeks when cutting my hair

and my new barber takes like 40 minutes to cut my hair.. throwing my entire schedule off

just the slight nicks from the staight razor , but they dont happn often . Other than that my barber cuts my hair just fine

this mother +%%#$+ always been late, its a saturday morning and this fool wont come till 11-12....................

i got an appt at 4, and im scared to go. dude been pushing my line back the last two visits. im just going to tell dude to just give me a cut no edgeup whilemy hair grow back in
frown.gif

i just dont let anybody cut my hair, i got a mean calick. if they dont know how to cut it, ill be looking mad mickey. my current barber actually cuts itsexcellent thats why i continue to go to him

but if dude !%*+ my line up again, ill be growing an afro for the summer

Yall ever call an audible? Like you're new in town and the barber you're in line for, #%**% up the guy right in front of you.

So you be like, "naw I had the other dude"( and point to one of the other barbers) or just straight up leave.

- Getting to close

- Not using shaving cream for a shapeup

- Getting too high on the fades

- Straight up puckin up my hairline

....guess i need a new barber

Originally Posted by doosta45

i just dont let anybody cut my hair, i got a mean calick. if they dont know how to cut it, ill be looking mad mickey. my current barber actually cuts its excellent thats why i continue to go to him
roll.gif

That barber that takes like a full hour cutting you a regular caesar
indifferent.gif
.... Like c'mon bruah, I got sshh I gotta do. Or those barbers thatcut against the grain of your hair, str8 cutting the waves off
smh.gif

getting all in my grill trying to do my front line up

It feels so awkward cause i aint trying to be lookin in this dudes eyes while im getting a line-up. i just look somewhere else.

Bonus
One time I had a female barber and I was like 12. My brother told me to ask for a trim because I didn't need a lot of my hair cut off.
So she asked what I wanted and I said " Can I have some trim?" and she had this look on her her face like "Did he just say what I think hesaid?" All these barbers in there just started crackin up laughing.I thought they were laughing at me because I wanted a trim. I didn't understand ittoo much back then but now I know.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom