Barber pet peeves

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

Originally Posted by doosta45

i just dont let anybody cut my hair, i got a mean calick. if they dont know how to cut it, ill be looking mad mickey. my current barber actually cuts its
excellent thats why i continue to go to him
roll.gif
*!!+ aint funny, if it get cut wrong ill have a patch on my head with hair going in each and every direction. its bad enough that its in thefront, just have me looking right b

only place my barber touch me is on the ear and thats just to hold it down so he can line me up

all that lip stuff is on some other stuff

I hate when my barbers are talking on the phone while cutting my hair. Answering the phone and having a 2-3 min. convo is fine but its disrespectful whenthey're having a 15+ min convo while they're cutting.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

-messed up/uneven afro shape up

mad.gif
I think you can agree with me then when I say some barbers plain suck at doing 'fros.
who you telling. back when afros was the *#*@ i had went to go get a shape before going to arkansas. the joint was bomb when i hopped out but when i got home and washed it. the joint looked like i had slept on the right side of my head for the last 50years
smh.gif
worst part was that i couldnt go the next morning and ask dude to fix it because we got on the plane later that night. never again, never again
when i was like 13 i had an afro went in to get a shape up came out with less than half what i walked in with i didnt go to another barber forlike 5 years when i chopped it off do to some dumb east oakland #+#!% claiming she could get my hair to lock up and i came out looking like pedro martinez orwhatever dudes name is

There are certain things that go down in EVERY barbershop
1. Waiting - My barber is my boy and I still have to wait 30min to an hour somtimes
2. Your barber selling stuff - barbers are huslers mayne
3. Talking on the phone - Any respectable barber can talk on the phone and still keep you fresh
4. Crackheads - every shop has one crackhead that cleans up for smack or dollars, no complaints guys
5. Looking at your face - How do you expect dude to give you that tight lineup? Here's a trick, if you trust your barber just close your eyes til hesfinished, akward moment eliminated.

And whats up with you guys' barbers. My boy has been cuttin my hair for 9 years and never touched my face or put his nuts on me.

*Some barbers who don't know what a tape-up is, and instead gives me a bald fade
*Barbers who lose passion to cut hair and keep their customer satisfaction on point. Lose passion, your just cutting hair, just to get money and quickly getmore customers on your seat.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I have NO gripes with my barber

*PROMO* Filthy Rich Barbershop on Roosevelt Avenue, Queens. Get your cuts from Rich! $15 for everything *PROMO*

My barber is cool. My old barber was a hot mess. This dude was Dominican, so you know he's gonna blast his country's music, which is cool. Whatevergets his mojo goin'. But then he starts salsa dancing in between cuttin' me.
smh.gif
Plus when he would line my facial hair up, he would always put hissnatch smellin' finger(s) on my lips. And of course, the old turning your sideburns into toothpics. Needless to say, I dropped him ASAP.

When they start talking about stupid stuff when they're about to cut your hair. Dudes were trying to figure out if a tiger could jump on his barbershoproof( 1 story and really small in size) in a single leap???? They used to have some ridiculous conversations at my old barbershop

i always gotta tell my barber to be careful when he's giving me a razor edge up cus he tends to get distracted and i end up with a scabbed up line up cushe cuts me and i usually cant tell until im out of there

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif
ya'll boys clowinin. Cutting your own hair FTW.

QFT

I haven't been to a barber shop since I was 14. I've been cutting my hair since then. I'm 33 now. Just cut it yesterday as a matter of fact. I knowwhat I like, so its all good.

Back
Top Bottom