Bars making rules to not allow black ppl in unappreciation

I think the larger discussion is why you would wear the same sweaty *** shorts two nights in a row to club. >D

My friend was denied entry into a sports bar once... for having a jersey on. smh 
mean.gif

:lol: Wut?

Sucks to hear about the racism, but, just some general advice, you shouldn't be wearing fitteds and shorts that go to your calves. I wouldn't let you into my bar not because of your race, but because you look like a clown

Cot dayum lol

damn famb...

you'd get denied entry to all bars/club/lounges in LA.

Out here, shorts, white sneakers, white t's, sandals, team apparel, baggy clothes, fitted hats, du rags are all no nos.

One time my boy wasn't let in a sports bar because he was wearing a plaid shirt :lol:

Honestly I don't mind it.

Call it what you want but usually the people dressed in that manner, no matter what race, are the ones causing trouble.

Sucks to hear about the racism, but, just some general advice, you shouldn't be wearing fitteds and shorts that go to your calves. I wouldn't let you into my bar not because of your race, but because you look like a clown

^^^^^^ This right here is my exact reaction to how you described yourself. Although I've never had anything racially based done towards me, every time I've been turned away at a bar/club I just went back and switched up my clothes to something better then got right in.

I dont like that reasoning of "we wont let you in because your clothes look like you're gonna start a fight"

They want people who look good, look like they'll spend money, and/or look like they won't cause trouble. They don't have a survey for you to fill out, they have to make a snap-decision about how you fit into one of the categories I mentioned above. They stand to lose a lot more good business by letting in undesirable patrons because their core clients won't want to come back. Ruining your night because you didn't look like the optimal client will either encourage you to step it up next time or go somewhere else--both of which are good for you and the club.

Are these admission policies racist? Perhaps they have a disparate impact, but I don't think they are all  racist policies. It may just be that the majority of the poorly-dressed, seemingly-not-spendthrift people who show up are minorities.

Hold up.... Y'all roll up to bars and clubs...... In shorts???? What y'all even complaining about??

I dont like that reasoning of "we wont let you in because your clothes look like you're gonna start a fight"
I feel you but at the same time, some of the guys who get turned away are the some dudes who will pop the trunk if you spill a drink on them. They go way overboard with the generalizations sometimes but at the end of the day they have to take all precautions to protect their business. As men of color we already know what time it is when we try to enter these predominately white establishments after dark, its just easier if you wear regular jeans, fitted t-shirt/button up and ditch the hats.

Attire aside. I know there's a few clubs out Houston/Dallas that limit the amount of black guys they let in. Like on some real ratio ****. 1 black guy per 20 "other" ppl type ****. ****'s crazy.

This happened to me a few years back. Got accused of having pants that were "too baggy" as well as my homeboy that was with us. Ruined it for the whole group. Meanwhile, there were White guys in the bar with cut off camo shorts and boots AND had on a hat, but turned me away because of my jeans. I had on a button up shirt btw and no hat. I still boycott that bar to this day.

in college there was a bar that always carded us both with state id and student id because we were black. white people only needed state id. if you went to university of maryland and partied at turtle this is the spot. one night i was fed up with there racism and while i was drunk i pissed in the corner of the bar, stole there phone, and broke **** in the bathroom. made me feel better

in college there was a bar that always carded us both with state id and student id because we were black. white people only needed state id. if you went to university of maryland and partied at turtle this is the spot. one night i was fed up with there racism and while i was drunk i pissed in the corner of the bar, stole there phone, and broke **** in the bathroom. made me feel better

:rofl:, did you go back after that?

Who wears shorts when they go out to a spot much less same shorts to the same spot two nights in a row?
laugh.gif

And yea, you're never gonna have as much flexibility with the dress code as the white guy next to you. Just the way it is.

naw because it was senior year and i ended up moving soon after

^^^^^^ This right here is my exact reaction to how you described yourself. Although I've never had anything racially based done towards me, every time I've been turned away at a bar/club I just went back and switched up my clothes to something better then got right in.
But that's the thing though. They used to allow fitteds in that particular bar but then they changed the rule so then I stopped wearing fitteds to that bar. Just like last night when dude said my shorts were too long I asked what if I went home and changed and I was told that I would still be denied entry. It was another time that I went and they tried to ask me for 4 pieces of i.d. So that they could not let me in but fortunately I had both my debit cards, school i.d. And state i.d. The problem is never the way that I'm dressed, it's my skin color

naw because it was senior year and i ended up moving soon after

Oh ok, I was gonna say, way to reinforce what they might have been thinking :lol:

So, I went to to the bar last night to see an old Freind that was in town last night and after I give the bouncer my i.d. He asks me to turn around and then tells me that I can't get in because my shorts were too long and that I wasnt able to pull them up. I then go to the black bouncer who let me in the night before with the same shorts, then the original bouncer comes up and accuses me of pulling up my shorts because apparently they were alot longer earlier. The place is so crazy they wouldn't let me in with a fitted and then 3 white dudes all come in with fitteds behind and when I ask the bouncer snout it he says they're cool because their brims are bent and not flat. These fools even have the nerve to have the dresscode on their website saying no Jerseys, no stocking caps or du rags, like somebody is gonna try to wear that crap in there. I've never been denied entry into anywhere in my life. Im very tight about the situation. Just had to get that off of my chest

I don't know of any clubs that will let you in with a fitted and shorts unless you are in VIP, no matter what race you are. You sure that the white dudes didn't have a table reserved in VIP? If not, you should have bent your brim, and been like, "what's up now?" People will damb sure try to get into the club with jerseys, stocking caps and du rags. That ain't a racial issue, though, bruh, most clubs act like that with anybody. Now if they said you can't come in there with dreads, then it would be an undercover racist rule.

I hate this. Racial profiling, like u let 3 dudes with hats on in right after u told me no because my hats not bent? Screw that. I would go to better places

Kind of like the dudes who tried to sue American Airlines because they were held to a dress code, but they said that some white dudes weren't dressed up. They forgot to mention that they were flying on a buddy pass and were already informed that they were required to dress up, but the white dudes had paid for their tickets in full. It's possible that the bouncer was racist, but unless you know for sure that those white dudes weren't going into VIP, then you can't be sure. I know that I have been to clubs with strict dresscodes, and walked past cats in full nightclub attire, meanwhile I am wearing a fitted, white tee and some camo cargo shorts and sneakers. I had a table reserved in VIP tho, and they knew for sure that bread was gonna' get spent, so they didn't care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom