Bars making rules to not allow black ppl in unappreciation

But that's the thing though. They used to allow fitteds in that particular bar but then they changed the rule so then I stopped wearing fitteds to that bar. Just like last night when dude said my shorts were too long I asked what if I went home and changed and I was told that I would still be denied entry. It was another time that I went and they tried to ask me for 4 pieces of i.d. So that they could not let me in but fortunately I had both my debit cards, school i.d. And state i.d. The problem is never the way that I'm dressed, it's my skin color
Damn, G. Why do you even go to these places? It's clear that they don't want you there.

Sucks to hear about the racism, but, just some general advice, you shouldn't be wearing fitteds and shorts that go to your calves. I wouldn't let you into my bar not because of your race, but because you look like a clown

Are you talking about shorts that go to the calves just below the knee or down to just about the ankle?

Sucks to hear about the racism, but, just some general advice, you shouldn't be wearing fitteds and shorts that go to your calves. I wouldn't let you into my bar not because of your race, but because you look like a clown

Are you talking about shorts that go to the calves just below the knee or down to just about the ankle?

Just disregard his stupid post. Probably a regular in the Dressing Better thread who wears European pantsuits to the grocery store. Plenty of normal non weirdos rock shorts past the knee and fitteds.

^^^^^^ This right here is my exact reaction to how you described yourself. Although I've never had anything racially based done towards me, every time I've been turned away at a bar/club I just went back and switched up my clothes to something better then got right in.
But that's the thing though. They used to allow fitteds in that particular bar but then they changed the rule so then I stopped wearing fitteds to that bar. Just like last night when dude said my shorts were too long I asked what if I went home and changed and I was told that I would still be denied entry. It was another time that I went and they tried to ask me for 4 pieces of i.d. So that they could not let me in but fortunately I had both my debit cards, school i.d. And state i.d. The problem is never the way that I'm dressed, it's my skin color

Hold up. Dude said that even if you went home and changed you wouldn't be allowed in? 4 pieces of ID? Who the hell carries that around? It does sound like they were being racist. Just boycott that garbage. :smh:

I don't know of any clubs that will let yo in with a fitted and shorts unless you are in VIP, no matter what race you are. You sure that the white dudes didn't have a table reserved in VIP? If not, you should have bent your brim, and been like, "what's up now?" People will damb sure try to get into the club with jerseys, stocking caps and du rags. That ain't a racial issue, though, bruh, most clubs act like that with anybody. Now if they said you can't come in there with dreads, then it would be an undercover racist rule.
Kind of like the dudes who tried to sue American Airlines because they were held to a dress code, but they said that some white dudes weren't dressed up. They forgot to mention that they were flying on a buddy pass and were already informed that they were required to dress up, but the white dudes had paid for their tickets in full. It's possible that the bouncer was racist, but unless you know for sure that those white dudes weren't going into VIP, then you can't be sure. I know that I have been to clubs with strict dresscodes, and walked past cats in full nightclub attire, meanwhile I am wearing a fitted, white tee and some camo cargo shorts and sneakers. I had a table reserved in VIP tho, and they knew for sure that bread was gonna' get spent, so they didn't care.

This bar doesn't even have a vip section. Its more of a bar than club/lounge so its suppose to be a lil more relaxed. And yea im def done with the place. The only reason I even went this weekend is because my people were in town and that's where they were

I don't know of any clubs that will let yo in with a fitted and shorts unless you are in VIP, no matter what race you are. You sure that the white dudes didn't have a table reserved in VIP? If not, you should have bent your brim, and been like, "what's up now?" People will damb sure try to get into the club with jerseys, stocking caps and du rags. That ain't a racial issue, though, bruh, most clubs act like that with anybody. Now if they said you can't come in there with dreads, then it would be an undercover racist rule.
Kind of like the dudes who tried to sue American Airlines because they were held to a dress code, but they said that some white dudes weren't dressed up. They forgot to mention that they were flying on a buddy pass and were already informed that they were required to dress up, but the white dudes had paid for their tickets in full. It's possible that the bouncer was racist, but unless you know for sure that those white dudes weren't going into VIP, then you can't be sure. I know that I have been to clubs with strict dresscodes, and walked past cats in full nightclub attire, meanwhile I am wearing a fitted, white tee and some camo cargo shorts and sneakers. I had a table reserved in VIP tho, and they knew for sure that bread was gonna' get spent, so they didn't care.

This bar doesn't even have a vip section. Its more of a bar than club/lounge so its suppose to be a lil more relaxed. And yea im def done with the place. The only reason I even went this weekend is because my people were in town and that's where they were

Yeah I see. They just tried you. Thats that BS. Boycott em. All these hole in the wall dives these days wanna' try to act like they are some South Beach super clubs with strict dress codes. :lol:

A bar around my way has a rule that if you don't have a credit card you can't get in. They make you pay at the gate with a credit card.

:wow: :lol: 4 forms of ID?!

Where the hell did dude think he was... Quantico?

There's no way in hell I would've even TRIED to produce that much identification.

:smh: Heads gotta have top secret security clearance to chill now.

Last edited:
:wow: :lol: 4 forms of ID?!

Where the hell are ya'll chillin' at... Quantico?

There's no way in hell I would've even TRIED to produce that much identification.

:smh: Heads gotta have top secret security clearance to chill now.

Dudes be like "lets go out in Canada tonight"

Bars be trying to keep out the thuggish blacks..,as ****** up as it is I can't really blame them....blacks here have ruined so many establishments w/ that fighting/shooting ****

This is commonplace in my area. Ownership has the right to enforce a dress code at their establishment and MANY servers and bartenders welcome keeping people who wear backwards fitteds and loose clothing out because they never tip. If you want to get in bad enough you will change your clothes and not wear a hat.

I was actually a doorman at a hotel bar and have turned many people away for hair below their collar and backwards hats.

i wear work clothes to go out now... dockers loafers and buttons ups.... shorties dig it and you can make up so many lies just off of appearance... too hot for a blazer now

in college there was a bar that always carded us both with state id and student id because we were black. white people only needed state id. if you went to university of maryland and partied at turtle this is the spot. one night i was fed up with there racism and while i was drunk i pissed in the corner of the bar, stole there phone, and broke **** in the bathroom. made me feel better
It's this "OMG racism" mentality that will never allow people to make progress. Bro, they started doing that because blacks and hispanics were mugging people in Riverdale, Hyattsville and students on campus coming out of bars. The bouncers weren't supposed to allow non-college students into the bar because they didn't want to have a stabbing take place in their bar. Given that area's demographic and the familiarity that bouncers have with regular customers, you can definitely see how they would probably card blacks and hispanics over white people. I can count on my hand the number of non-UMD white kids that would even venture through college park and the surrounding areas. You have 500 kids trying to get into your bar and have to make split second decisions on who could potentially be trouble given the police reports. I'm not carding every curly-headed white boy with a plaid shirt and nantucket red shorts and boat shoes.

It's this "OMG racism" mentality that will never allow people to make progress. Bro, they started doing that because blacks and hispanics were mugging people in Riverdale, Hyattsville and students on campus coming out of bars. The bouncers weren't supposed to allow non-college students into the bar because they didn't want to have a stabbing take place in their bar. Given that area's demographic and the familiarity that bouncers have with regular customers, you can definitely see how they would probably card blacks and hispanics over white people. I can count on my hand the number of non-UMD white kids that would even venture through college park and the surrounding areas. You have 500 kids trying to get into your bar and have to make split second decisions on who could potentially be trouble given the police reports. I'm not carding every curly-headed white boy with a plaid shirt and nantucket red shorts and boat shoes.

What's your take on the news video showed on the other page

OP If you really feel they were out of pocket with the racial discrimination go start a fire, really **** up their business on that arson tip. I wouldn't even be mad.

I'm white and got denied from this specific bar on campus for once wearing a fitted (brim wasnt flat) and a white tee. This bar was notorious for thuggish activity going on cause fights would break out all the time in front of it. It's not racism, they jut don't want thugs causing trouble at their bar and the most of them wear fitteds and white tees. I was mad for a second but I understood why they did it. I got caught in the middle of one of those fights. I was just standing there innocently talking to a buddy and it broke out of nowhere. They were wearing baggy white tees, shorts, pants, and fitteds. So yeah I get it. Thugs are annoying. They just gotta cause trouble and now I can't wear what I want. I rarely wear fitteds though so really don't care, and that bar got pretty lame once the thugs made it a thug bar. Sucks for the once owner, it used to be the go to bar for everyone until that happened. It's gone out of business twice. Idk what it's called now but its always empty except for the thugs :lol: they completely destroyed the bar cause of all the trouble they caused.

Last edited:
in college there was a bar that always carded us both with state id and student id because we were black. white people only needed state id. if you went to university of maryland and partied at turtle this is the spot. one night i was fed up with there racism and while i was drunk i pissed in the corner of the bar, stole there phone, and broke **** in the bathroom. made me feel better

Come on bro, you can't seriously be trying to defend the racism of Thirsty Turtle. I know what was going down in CP, as a student I frequented every bar on Rte 1. Multiple stamps from the bars per night, and Turtle was the only one that ever pulled that **** and they did it frequently. The last time it happened, the time when I ****** **** up, it was on a Tuesday at like 8:30 at night, not a Friday or Saturday night. There was hardly any one in there at the time and two grey haired white dudes walked right on in without showing student id, clearly they weren't students. So the bouncers clearly allowed non college students into the bar. Turtle's bouncers were plain racists and I've heard from bouncers that worked there that their boss had a habit of saying racist ****.

Best way to go about that is just to not go back again.

Happened to me once, I'm a pretty well dressed guy if I do say so myself. But dude was just looking for something to point out to not let me in, ended up saying because my jeans were cuffed....and it wasn't even a big cuff because they were cuffed by accident. I was with a bunch of females too, asian and white and they all got pissy at him (i was just going to uncuff them and keep it moving) he eventually backed down and let me in but we all just left and haven't been to that spot since and let all of our friends know about it too.

Shorts down to your calves? Nope, denied. I wouldn't let you in either. Learn how to dress.

Come on bro, you can't seriously be trying to defend the racism of Thirsty Turtle. I know what was going down in CP, as a student I frequented every bar on Rte 1. Multiple stamps from the bars per night, and Turtle was the only one that ever pulled that **** and they did it frequently. The last time it happened, the time when I ****** **** up, it was on a Tuesday at like 8:30 at night, not a Friday or Saturday night. There was hardly any one in there at the time and two grey haired white dudes walked right on in without showing student id, clearly they weren't students. So the bouncers clearly allowed non college students into the bar. Turtle's bouncers were plain racists and I've heard from bouncers that worked there that their boss had a habit of saying racist ****.

Didn't Thirsty close down?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom