Bart Scott To the Jets

It's OFFICIAL... BART SCOTT IS A NEW YORK JET!!!!

Updated: February 27, 2009, 5:26 PM ET

[h2]Scott picks Jets over Ravens[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Linebacker Bart Scott and the New York Jets agreed to a six-year deal worth $48 million on Friday, according to Scott's agent Harold Lewis.

Earlier in the day the Jets offered a five-year, $40 million deal. When New York upped the offer by a year, Scott choose the Jets over Baltimore.

Scott arrived at the Jets facility early Friday morning to meet with his former Ravens defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, who is now the head coach of the team.

Scott has played seven seasons with Baltimore amassing 433 tackles and 16 sacks in his career. His best season was in 2006 when he made the Pro Bowl and the All-Pro team. In that season, he had 103 tackles and 9½ sacks.

Andrew Marchand of ESPN 1050 radio in New York contributed to this report.

pimp.gif

In other news...

-Vilma resigned w/ Saints 5yr-34Mill ($17M Guaranteed)

Jets apparently upped to 6 years $48 million and Bart accepted... damn, you can have him then

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Jets apparently upped to 6 years $48 million and Bart accepted... damn, you can have him then

Yeah its a done deal, Welcome to NY Scott.

Rather Scott than Lewis
pimp.gif

Oh, and that scenario with singing Ray and then trading D.Harris for B.Edwards, I hear it's fake (no credibility towards the rumor) so that's a goodsign.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Rather Scott than Lewis
pimp.gif

Oh, and that scenario with singing Ray and then trading D.Harris for B.Edwards, I hear it's fake (no credibility towards the rumor) so that's a good sign.

Yeah the Edwards trade was a fake, Jets needed another ILB with Harris. Also Browns just traded Winslow to the Bucs, no way will they trade Edwards. Manginican't be the dumb....can he?

The a rumor swirling that the Jets are looking into Ocho Cinco...
but we'll see how that plays out.

I wonder who the Jets will target next (most likely someone from the secondary. - Leonhard?, Greer?)

We should look into Khalif Barnes.
I'm pretty sure he's still a FA and is best suited at RT.
Then we can move Woody to Guard.

kinda mad bart scott had to go, dude was nice. but thanks for taking corey ivy off our hands!!!! he was straight garbage, with the biggest mouth on the fieldand had nothing to show for it. i love my ravens but he was the ONLY one in purple that i hated. thank God he's gone

That's the rumor so far... Lito is visiting the Jets facility tomorrow.

The Jets are reportedly working on a trade for CB Lito Sheppard.

Sheppard is expected to visit Jets headquarters Saturday, so the sides have obviously made progress in talks. With one year and $3 million remaining on his contract, Shepphard would fill in the void opposite Darrelle Revis with free agent Corey Ivy potentially acting as the nickel back.

Source: New York Daily News

Related: Jets

http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NYJ

DL -
Ellis
Jenkins
Coleman

LB -
Pace
Harris
Scott
Gholston?

DB -
Revis
Sheppard
Ivy
Lowery
Rhodes
*Jim Leonhard (expected to sign soon)

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Edit: In case you didn't see -

The Jets have re-signed OG Brandon Moore to a four-year, $16 million deal.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

shame, that's a lot of moves to come in 3rd place.
wink.gif
LOL, all day you've been saying we're going to be 3rd in the AFC east.
Trust me, no one is scared of the Phins. I highly doubt you will mirror your play from last year.

wink.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Chad havin nightmares already thinking about throwing to our secondary...

Hopefully Coles signs w/ you guys... then they can have pillow fights, have sleep overs and throw tea parties for each other down on south beach.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

wink.gif
Trust me, no one is scared of the Phins. I highly doubt you will mirror your play from last year.
right. same thing you said last season, and we all know how that turned out.

roll.gif
i love having the jets in the AFC East, every year we hear the same old story. "brett favre?! oh man, super bowl here we come!!!"

Hopefully Coles signs w/ you guys... then they can have pillow fights, have sleep overs and throw tea parties for each other down on south beach.
alien.gif

please. he came in week 17 and lit your sorry %!^ team up.
laugh.gif

no one is scared of bart #%^#@^ scott.
laugh.gif
that dude thrived playing around the best nosetackle in football, and 2 great LB's. he'll end up like allthe other baltimore linebackers who become nobodies after departing.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

That's the rumor so far... Lito is visiting the Jets facility tomorrow.

The Jets are reportedly working on a trade for CB Lito Sheppard.

Sheppard is expected to visit Jets headquarters Saturday, so the sides have obviously made progress in talks. With one year and $3 million remaining on his contract, Shepphard would fill in the void opposite Darrelle Revis with free agent Corey Ivy potentially acting as the nickel back.

Source: New York Daily News

Related: Jets

http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NYJ

DL -
Ellis
Jenkins
Coleman

LB -
Pace
Harris
Scott
Gholston?

DB -
Revis
Sheppard
Ivy
Lowery
Rhodes
*Jim Leonhard (expected to sign soon)

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Edit: In case you didn't see -

The Jets have re-signed OG Brandon Moore to a four-year, $16 million deal.

QB?
laugh.gif

wink.gif

roll.gif
i love having the jets in the AFC East, every year we hear the same old story. "brett favre?! oh man, super bowl here we come!!!"

alien.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
that dude thrived playing around the best nosetackle in football, and 2 great LB's. he'll end up like all the other baltimore linebackers who become nobodies after departing.

Son,
you're acting like we don't have a good NT and LB core around him. That he's going to have make plays on his own.
Dude is going to get a lot of help with our new look defense.
Old Noodle arm is going to get sacked like no tomorrow... hopefully he don't tear his rotator cuff.

The Phins have been irrelevant for the past 5 years... I see that trend continuing.

wink.gif

roll.gif

alien.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
that dude thrived playing around the best nosetackle in football, and 2 great LB's. he'll end up like all the other baltimore linebackers who become nobodies after departing.
Son,
you're acting like we don't have a good NT and LB core around him. That he's going to have make plays on his own.
Old Noodle arm is going to get sacked like no tomorrow... hopefully he don't tear his rotator cuff.

The Phins have been irrelevant for the past 5 years... I see that trend continuing.

And the Jets have been relevant? You guy's haven't won squadoosh in 40 years.

Son,

roll.gif
[Jim Mora]You KIDDIN me?![/Jim Mora]

Jenkins is no where near as good as Ngata. I don't want to hear about 'noodle arm' this and that, he came in and sent your sorry #@^! home. Youlost to teams like Oakland, San Fran, and Seattle last season, get outta here.

Winning a division makes you relevant, especially when Parcells is at the helm. Facts are you have no QB, a rookie head coach who thrived with great players,not to mention you're the Jets. Failure is always inevitable.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QB?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Yall tryna eff up my weekend and it's barely 7pm PST....

I addressed the QB situation in our season thread (i think).

And finnns -

82703037.jpg

Get used to it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QB?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Yall tryna eff up my weekend and it's barely 7pm PST....

I addressed the QB situation in our season thread (i think).

And finnns -

82703037.jpg

Get used to it.
pimp.gif

1695dhf.jpg

tongue.gif

Phins did win the AFC east but it was better than the Pats winning it IMO. Phins didn't have a chance against Baltimore and Chad still can't beat anelite defense no matter what. I love how dolphags talk trash that they won one game against the Jets in years, don't worry we don't have Mangini andhis prevent defense also his horrible lack of adjustments this year. Jets be an attack defense instead of read and react. Yes the Jets lost some very winnablegames on the road on the west coast, but the Dolphins didn't have to travel out west besides Arizona game and they got destroyed. Phins won't beplaying a last place schedule this year, like I said earlier better Miami than the Pats.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Phins did win the AFC east but it was better than the Pats winning it IMO. Phins didn't have a chance against Baltimore and Chad still can't beat an elite defense no matter what. I love how dolphags talk trash that they won one game against the Jets in years, don't worry we don't have Mangini and his prevent defense also his horrible lack of adjustments this year. Jets be an attack defense instead of read and react. Yes the Jets lost some very winnable games on the road on the west coast, but the Dolphins didn't have to travel out west besides Arizona game and they got destroyed. Phins won't be playing a last place schedule this year, like I said earlier better Miami than the Pats.
blah blah blah. i love your excuses. facts are we made it to the playoffs by winning the games we were supposed to. i don't care what yourexcuses are, you're ignoring the fact that you have a rookie coach and _____ at QB. we didn't have a chance against baltimore? lol, we were down 13points in the 4th quarter after turning the ball over 5 times. i think we had a chance. a lot better chance than the jets, that's for sure.

you think tuna is going to stand still this offseason?
laugh.gif
you'regoing to be playing catchup for a long time my friend, get used to it. parcells>tannyboy

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

wink.gif

roll.gif

alien.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Son,

And the Jets have been relevant? You guy's haven't won squadoosh in 40 years.

Jets' playoff wins since '96: 3

Cowboys' playoff wins since '96: nada

Originally Posted by rillo561

Phins did win the AFC east but it was better than the Pats winning it IMO. Phins didn't have a chance against Baltimore and Chad still can't beat an elite defense no matter what. I love how dolphags talk trash that they won one game against the Jets in years, don't worry we don't have Mangini and his prevent defense also his horrible lack of adjustments this year. Jets be an attack defense instead of read and react. Yes the Jets lost some very winnable games on the road on the west coast, but the Dolphins didn't have to travel out west besides Arizona game and they got destroyed. Phins won't be playing a last place schedule this year, like I said earlier better Miami than the Pats.
blah blah blah. i love your excuses. facts are we made it to the playoffs by winning the games we were supposed to. i don't care what your excuses are, you're ignoring the fact that you have a rookie coach and _____ at QB. we didn't have a chance against baltimore? lol, we were down 13 points in the 4th quarter after turning the ball over 5 times. i think we had a chance. a lot better chance than the jets, that's for sure.

you think tuna is going to stand still this offseason?
laugh.gif
you're going to be playing catchup for a long time my friend, get used to it. parcells>tannyboy
Laugh now, because Tuna will be gone next year. Dophins been trying to catch up since Marino left. Fluke season won't happen again my friend,good luck. You guys are the 06' Jets nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom