basketball rule question

alright niketalk I was playing basketball tonight and player A jumped in the air and threw the basketball off of player B who was in bounds then the ball bounced off player B and then hit player A who was out of bounds. which players is out on?

So if I just straight up throw it off a player who is out of bounds then its off the player who is out of bounds?

why would you throw the ball out of bounds? why not secure possession and make a play?

Last edited:
alright niketalk I was playing basketball tonight and player A jumped in the air and threw the basketball off of player B who was in bounds then the ball bounced off player B and then hit player A who was out of bounds. which players is out on?

Alright....
If player A threw the ball off player B (who was still in bounds) and the ball hit player A again (who was out) the poseesion goes to player B unless.....
The ball touched the floor out of bounds before hitting player A again or....
Player B had possession and just threw it back at player A (who is out of bounds) for no apparent reason

Alright....
If player A threw the ball off player B (who was still in bounds) and the ball hit player A again (who was out) the poseesion goes to player B unless.....
Player B had possession and just threw it back at player A (who is out of bounds) for no apparent reason
this

Alright....

Gotcha. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom