Basketball Thread About Nothing

another technicality that i had always though was illegal, the self ‘pass’ or 2 hand dribble

Really not sure what ref was thinking to call that… idk why that’s any different than taking as many steps as u want during a live dribble

The good ol "gather" step.
Ends his dribble, left foot is the pivot foot, jumps with both feet.
That's why I hate the gather step, but it's nigh impossible to legislate that in real time.

Clean for both

1st definitely clean everywhere, 2nd is technically a hop travel (can’t take off and land on the same foot/leg), so kinda depends on if folks are familiar with the rule or the ref catching it real-time, it was hella smooth tho 😎

Last edited:
I don’t give a crap how much weight I gain, i’m not a center, ima shooter so don’t tell me get in the post you get in the post and let me chuck this shot up

i mean, i feel you because it’s not fun have folk use their shorter leverages down there…but how tall are you tho? cuz if you’re above 6’4”-6’5’ in an average gym run and out on the perimeter…that’s just an efficient use of height 😂

Its just crazy how easy refs call travel on guys getting the ball on the wing and making a move before the ball fully comes down, versus any other move where a guy is taking like 4 steps.

😂🤣🤣 came across this in the archive, random run where i decided everything was going to be about getting off a stepback/sidestep, this had to be around peak 🤌🏿 harden…even with slower comp, i wasn’t gettin any separation 😮‍💨

I think it's just the kids today in general. Everyone wants to act tough but when face to face they're scared af

Last several times it got spicy for me was with some Asian college kids.

On my fadeaway the kid pushed me as I was in the air with my back turned. I hit him back and his white savior, who was on my squad, ran up on me and told me to watch my back :lol:

Another Asian kid at a different game basically tackled me and continued to talk about it's a legal screen when he ran into me as I'm on the ground. Best believe I hit him in the face when I got back up and he changed his tune to saying he was going to get his boys now :rofl:

To make it worse, after he said that he quit the game and ran away

1st definitely clean everywhere, 2nd is technically a hop travel (can’t take off and land on the same foot/leg), so kinda depends on if folks are familiar with the rule or the ref catching it real-time, it was hella smooth tho 😎
Oh damn I didn’t even catch that. Maybe partially because the video is all cut up.
i mean, i feel you because it’s not fun have folk use their shorter leverages down there…but how tall are you tho? cuz if you’re above 6’4”-6’5’ in an average gym run and out on the perimeter…that’s just an efficient use of height 😂
I’m 6’4 and I play inside or outside, but I am a great shooter lol. I definitely think the shift in how basketball is played now with the emphasis on 3s has fully taken over pick up, at least in my runs. It only makes sense (I mean, it’s math, duh) but even more so since it’s a 2 vs a 1, instead of just a 3 vs a 2. But it’s kind of normal for pick up games to just be almost all 3s (or lays).
But what I was gonna say about your post is as a tall player (for pickup) I definitely find it annoying when a brolic 5’10 guy wants to guard me and is hella physical. Their low center of gravity is annoying and I can always shoot over them but something about any low contact tends to throw me off, whether it looks significant or not from the sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom