Batman: Arkham Origins thread, Cold cold heart DLC April 2014

Interesting, I wonder if it'll be driveable or just one of those spawn points to travel long distances? It would be cool to actually fly it though.

Made me wonder too. If the map is indeed a lot bigger than AA/AC then I guess it's possible. A GTA-esque sized map would be awesome. And if they do just go the spawn point route, I'd bet they'd be getting a lot of flack for it.
I have the latest Game Informer issue and if I remember reading correctly, it's going to be spawn routes for fast travel.

The map is going to be bigger than AC,since there's 2 "islands", Old Gotham and New Gotham. Old Gotham is what eventually becomes Arkham City, New Gotham is "classier" and has taller skyscrapers.

Last edited:

Interesting, I wonder if it'll be driveable or just one of those spawn points to travel long distances? It would be cool to actually fly it though.

Made me wonder too. If the map is indeed a lot bigger than AA/AC then I guess it's possible. A GTA-esque sized map would be awesome. And if they do just go the spawn point route, I'd bet they'd be getting a lot of flack for it.
I have the latest Game Informer issue and if I remember reading correctly, it's going to be spawn routes for fast travel.

The map is going to be bigger than AC,since there's 2 "islands", Old Gotham and New Gotham. Old Gotham is what eventually becomes Arkham City, New Gotham is "classier" and has taller skyscrapers.

Not a deal breaker but still a bit disappointed if that's the case.

I also read the game would include multiplayer mode. Not sure how I feel about that.

Still a rumor at this point.

Our tipster had also shared some details about multiplayer in Arkham Origins, so we reached out to a number of industry sources for confirmation. Although we were unable to corroborate the specifics, we did confirm with a second source that the game will indeed have multiplayer. (Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story.)

As for the details, according to our tipster: during at least one section of multiplayer, you play as a member of Joker or Bane's gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin. The villains involved—who may be playable and customizable—include Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask, Deathstroke, and "some kind of Electroman character," our tipster said.

That's all unconfirmed, but we feel comfortable sharing it, since our tipster was spot-on about the name and cover. This could be one multiplayer mode, or it could be the only one. We don't know. We'll find out more this fall.

No Conroy :\ but it makes sense... I guess.
Arkham City's Batman Actor Won't Be Back For The Next Game

Kevin Conroy, who has voiced Batman in all kinds of stuff, from the classic 90s animated series to Rocksteady's last two masterpiece video games, will not be reprising his role in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins.

Unlike the drama surrounding another long-time fan favourite voice actor, though, at least in this case it makes sense. Conroy has always voiced Batman as a grown man, someone settled into his role as the Dark Knight.

Origins is, well, an origins story, with a younger Bruce Wayne pulling on the cowl. According to a report in South Africa's NAG Magazine (via Batman News), the developers at WB Montreal want "to use a new younger actor because the game features Batman in his early years".

A slight shame, since Conroy is so fantastic in the role, but then, it's not like he's the only person to have ever played the character.

New pics
View media item 387611View media item 387612View media item 387613View media item 387614View media item 387615View media item 387616

No Conroy :\ but it makes sense... I guess.
Arkham City's Batman Actor Won't Be Back For The Next Game

Kevin Conroy, who has voiced Batman in all kinds of stuff, from the classic 90s animated series to Rocksteady's last two masterpiece video games, will not be reprising his role in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins.

Unlike the drama surrounding another long-time fan favourite voice actor, though, at least in this case it makes sense. Conroy has always voiced Batman as a grown man, someone settled into his role as the Dark Knight.

Origins is, well, an origins story, with a younger Bruce Wayne pulling on the cowl. According to a report in South Africa's NAG Magazine (via Batman News), the developers at WB Montreal want "to use a new younger actor because the game features Batman in his early years".

A slight shame, since Conroy is so fantastic in the role, but then, it's not like he's the only person to have ever played the character.

New pics
]

Sucks that Conroy isn't in the game, still those new images are very promising. Slade :smokin

Conroy not in the game? thats a big fail to me :stoneface:

if Conroy could pull off a younger bruce wayne in the mask of the phantasm, why not in this game?

Last edited:
Conroy not in the game? thats a big fail to me :stoneface:

if Conroy could pull off a younger bruce wayne in the mask of the phantasm, why not in this game?

Cause its a bs cop out excuse :lol: . Bruce Wayne was how old when he started, early to mid 20s? Well past puberty. His voice is not going to change of the for the rest of his life. Easily could of kept Conroy voicing a "younger Batman".

The more details being revealed supports the idea of a cashgrab. :smh:

Im very disappointed in that. I hope there was a way we could let the execs/creators of the game know how un pleased we are with the recent turn of events. :smh:
No Conroy, no Rocksteady.
If you're not gonna do the ******g game right how it's been so far don't do it AT ALL. Seriously

Im very disappointed in that. I hope there was a way we could let the execs/creators of the game know how un pleased we are with the recent turn of events. :smh:
No Conroy, no Rocksteady.
If you're not gonna do the ******g game right how it's been so far don't do it AT ALL. Seriously

From what I read in the game informer issue, rocksteady is hard at work a big project that's tighly under wraps for now, but the new studio worked real closely with rocksteady...

As for Conroy Idk Maybe he is working on the new project.

Honestly, it does suck right now but I got over Hamill/Joker pretty quick and I'm sure I will on this too. I'm hopeful that the game turns out solid so that I won't even be thinking about it. I'm actually open to a fresh take on Batman's voice anyway.

what is that big project? Could it be that justice league game they were talking about a while back?

Back
Top Bottom