Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Gameplay videos got me like

tumblr_lmcg11BRZw1qdcel5o1_500.gif

The fierce rivalry between Activision's Modern Warfare 3 and EA's Battlefield 3 has hit boiling point - as John Riccitiello proudly boasts of "getting the goat" of Bobby Kotick.

The showdown kicked off on Wednesday, when Kotick called into question Battlefield 3's chances in the console market, saying he couldn't "objectively comment on it" as EA had only shown the game running on PC so far

And since then, the bad blood's really started to flow.

EA boss Riccitiello has now stated that E3 2011 will be remembered as "the beginning of the war" between the two games - and that Kotick "recognises [Activision's] going to be threatened". His comments have been reposted on Twitter by a fired-up DICE (see pic, below).

"We're going to have a clash of the titans this fall," Riccitiello told Reuters. "The very fact that he's trying to cast doubt on our game is a perfect example of how we got his goat. In terms of where this goes, we think our PS3 game is better than their Xbox game and our PC game is better than their PC game. 

"If that's all he's got to say, it's obviously going to evaporate as we launch all three. If you went to our press conference, you saw the PS3 footage and the Xbox footage. If Bobby thinks that is PC footage, he's in real trouble."

A respected CVG source told us that Kotick's team were turned away from the EA booth at E3 this week when they asked to play the title. Activision has since denied that the incident took place, but our senior informant remains 100 per cent adamant that he witnessed it. 

DICE has also since commented on the event. Gameplay Designer Gustav Halling said on Twitter: 

"Well, he wasn't on our invited list so he have to stay in line as everyone else at E3 =) EA said No to Kotick ."

"They think they can go in unannounced before the hundreds of people queuing? =) We have invited people only who can do that."

"We were blocked last year at E3, Gamescom so this is a mutual experience between rivals :tongue: Dont care much about it."

There was a notable difference in bombast between the EA and Activision stands at E3. EA's was at the front of the large South Hall, with plenty of games playable on pods - whilst its rivals was around the third of the size, with no publicly playable games on the show floor.

EA's Battlefield 3 will be released on 360, PS3 and PC on October 25 in the US and three days later in Europe.

Activision's Modern Warfare 3 will hit the same formats on November 8 worldwide.

The actual tweet.

@gustavhallingGustav Halling

"If you went to our press conference,you saw the PS3 footage and the Xbox footage.If Bobby thinks that is PC footage, he’s in real trouble"

SWAG 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just hope he isnt just saying that just to say that but if true .... Console users such as myself are[font=Georgia, Palatino, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] 
smokin.gif
[/font] I also hope the 360 & PS3 versions are similar... Hopefully not 1 will be better looking from the other (360 & PS3)

Besides the graphics I see really don't see anything new and exciting in this game. Same old battlefield, new shinny wrapper. The game will be great but EA gonna looked stupid if they think this game gonna take the crown away from COD

Not to say the game doesn't look great, and I probably will buy if the campaign is any good

A little surprised to see this thread back up on the front page.
laugh.gif

EA showing some #swag.
pimp.gif

I really hope they didn't cut corners on the PS3 version.

Can't wait for this game!
pimp.gif
Edit: what happened to December's SN?
nerd.gif

Besides the graphics I see really don't see anything new and exciting in this game. Same old battlefield, new shinny wrapper

If that's how you feel about this game, describe to us MW3.

The game will be great but EA gonna looked stupid if they think this game gonna take the crown away from COD

Very doubtful that it outsells MW3, but it could def plant the seed for the future. (PS4 & Xbox 3)

Not to say the game doesn't look great, and I probably will buy if the campaign is any good

Buy for the campaign? You're doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

A little surprised to see this thread back up on the front page.
laugh.gif

EA showing some #swag.
pimp.gif

I really hope they didn't cut corners on the PS3 version.

Can't wait for this game!
pimp.gif
Edit: what happened to December's SN?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I try to keep it alive as much as i can. 
And as for my SN. Banned Camp Part Tres 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
 Victim of the Dal v Mia Thread .

As a result i wont be able to update the front page/titles anymore. But ill keep posting info throughout the pages. 

^ i tried keeping all three (or 4?) Battlefield 3 threads alive at one point.
laugh.gif
At least I hope this thread remains the official one, so everything stays organized.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Besides the graphics I see really don't see anything new and exciting in this game. Same old battlefield, new shinny wrapper

If that's how you feel about this game, describe to us MW3.

The game will be great but EA gonna looked stupid if they think this game gonna take the crown away from COD

Very doubtful that it outsells MW3, but it could def plant the seed for the future. (PS4 & Xbox 3)

Buy for the campaign? You're doing it wrong.
- The "nothing new" argument is what Battlefeild supporters are using to discredit MW3. I was just pointing out that besides the new engine that same thing could be said about Battlefield 3

-I don't see how this will effect the next console cycle. If the gameplay doesn't change it will not attract any new long term players. People will sick with what they like and are used to.

-If Halo, Gears, and COD and give people a good campaign, then Battlefield damn sure do it to. All the big time shooter franchises all pack in a ton of content in the games: single player, co-op and compeotive modes. All DICE all ever proven it can deliver on is multipayer. This isn't 2005 brah, to my $60 to gotta be at least on par with what Gears 3 and MW3 is delivering. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Besides the graphics I see really don't see anything new and exciting in this game. Same old battlefield, new shinny wrapper. The game will be great but EA gonna looked stupid if they think this game gonna take the crown away from COD

same old battlefield? so you're saying it's like bf2 with updated graphics? what is wrong with that? bf2 is one of the greatest fps of all time.

Stop being #poor.

I'm getting both games for both ps3 and 360.
nerd.gif

And I'm going to enjoy them all because both will be great games. 
pimp.gif

Will BF3 run through steam?

That would be the one if bf3 is like portal 2 where steam players can play against ps3 players.
pimp.gif

Ive heard rumors that bf3 won't be available on steam at launch. I hope it's not true tho. And console players don't want it with pc players when it comes to FPS
laugh.gif

Playing on a PC does not mean someone is a better player.

PC has better controls, that's it.

Pc players are more hardcore when it comes to fps, and ms proved that console gamers can't hang. And yes, nothing can beat a mouse and keyboard, not even console's bullet magnets.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i wouldnt be able to play with a keyboard

Movement is better with Dual analogs,but aiming is a thousand times quicker and more precise with a mouse.

I loved playing PC FPS; I just didn't know anyone else when I played online. That's why I switched to PS3.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Movement is better with Dual analogs,but aiming is a thousand times quicker and more precise with a mouse.

I loved playing PC FPS; I just didn't know anyone else when I played online. That's why I switched to PS3.

WASD > analog sticks for fps IMO

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

WASD > analog sticks for fps IMO
I'm pretty sure it's because you play on a PC, and if I said analog sticks > WASD people would agree.

It's pretty much just all personal preference, you and a lot of people like WASD, me and a lot of people prefer the Analog Sticks..

Back
Top Bottom