Be careful with selling electronics on eBay... (getting money back update)

keep us updated..

i just dont get how people can be so #!**@%% greedy with this type of !$$!.

when i use to have ebay i had 20+ feedback and all were smooth transactions. i did not think once about frauding the seller, i got my item as describe in thelisting, im happy, left a positive feedback for him/her and him/her for me. win/win for both parties with no stress.

some people are just leeches.

Are you sure Paypal already sided with him? When he filed the chargeback, that amount is automatically withdrawn from your account, and is basically inlimbo until they decide who is in the wrong. Usually takes about 3-4 weeks.

Paypal always sides with the buyer. If I ever sell something on eBay again, I'll be requiring check only. If you don't have a checking account,you're an idiot. If you can't wait a week for the check to be sent and clear before I ship out, too bad.

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Getting a free phone on ebay - $620 on *temporary hold for three weeks*

Getting arrested for one count of male fraud and grand theft - PRICELESS

For everything else there's BASTARDCARD!!!!!
Damn, they have charges for just males now, and not females? Sexist.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Paypal always sides with the buyer. If I ever sell something on eBay again, I'll be requiring check only. If you don't have a checking account, you're an idiot. If you can't wait a week for the check to be sent and clear before I ship out, too bad.
I think they only allow paypal now. What a monopoly

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Paypal always sides with the buyer. If I ever sell something on eBay again, I'll be requiring check only. If you don't have a checking account, you're an idiot. If you can't wait a week for the check to be sent and clear before I ship out, too bad.
I think they only allow paypal now. What a monopoly
Do they really? It's been so long since I bought or sold anything.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

I recently sold a OQO Model 02 Ultra Mobile PC on eBay. A month after the sale the buyer emails me and tells me that the item does not work. I am saying to myself, why would someone wait three weeks to check if something works. He tells me that he we was on a business trip to Singapore. I get a chargeback on paypal for $620. I receive the OQO today and notice it says it was the Verizon model with the broadband built in. I am mad at myself for not noticing this and putting it on eBay. I could have gotten more money. I call Paypal to tell them the screen was scratched up beyond belief. I had send the OQO scratchless. In fact, it had a screen protector on it. I called the manufacturer to see if it still had warranty. It just so happens, that the serial number belongs to a person named Ashram. It was bought December of 2007, not June of 2008 like my OQO was bought. The technical support person at OQO told me that he sold a cell phone on ebay, and a dsipute was filed against him because the phone did not work. When he received the phone, it was a totally different serial number. Someone had switched his working cell phone for an non working one. I check the specs, and I see I had just been frauded. I sent a Windows Vista OQO 80gb , the person sent me a Windows XP Verizon Broadband, and 120gb. The person now has their $620 back and a working device. I called eBay again and told them what happened. Now they know the situation. Furthermore, I filed a police report with the buyer's local police department and alerted USPS Mail Fraud division.

YES!
Celebration.jpg

Paypal sided with him in the initial dispute. I am in the appeal process now. What I was saying before is, I aint paying paypal if they side with him. Ialready canceled my bank account. I don't care if my credit is effed up or whatever. But, if they let this guy get away with it, they're douches.

Ya'll are prolly too young to remember the first couple of years of Ebay of when it first started.

It was like the wild wild west. Babies, body parts, mail order brides... it was like an online black market.

PAYPAL and eBay will be surpassed when someone finally makes a site that really protects the sellerequally.

Originally Posted by jmedora

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Getting a free phone on ebay - $620 on *temporary hold for three weeks*

Getting arrested for one count of male fraud and grand theft - PRICELESS

For everything else there's BASTARDCARD!!!!!
Damn, they have charges for just males now, and not females? Sexist.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Your reply had me rollin' for minutes. Didn't even realize I did this
smh.gif

Yeah, Federal Way, WA. Cops definately won't waste their time. If they could just mail a copy of the report to him or something, that would be great. Hehas not responded for days, maybe he's on another "Business trip."

Dude im facing a similar problem right now

Sold a video game on ebay, and the guy claims the game was not sealed and filed a dispute with paypal

paypal took the money out my account, got me mad pissed cause i sent him a brand new item and he claims i sold him a used one

People on ebay are real frauds now, dude filed a claim a week after getting it and never emailed me

wow. that's really dirty.

It's hard doing business on ebay because of all the loopholes in the Paypal chargeback/mail/fraud system and for the most part (at least in my experiences)Paypal/Ebay doesnt really care and I don't know how much the police are willing to do either.

I hope you do end up somehow getting some type of justice in all that mess.

That's why I just buy..selling is too much of a hassle it seems like.

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

That's why I just buy..selling is too much of a hassle it seems like.

So true I'm done after this but I hate craigslist as well ...............
Add to that all the recent scam posts we have coming up into NT General all the time.

What's left, swap meet/flea markets?

I don't think it can happen with anything other than electronics/cd/dvds. The only way to protect yourself is to take pictures of everything in all angles.Take close up pictures of the serial number and register all electronics under your name.

Back
Top Bottom