Being happy>Being a hard worker

i'm working now i hate my job its retail who actually likes retail? i could never see myself having a career in retail unless i owned the store/company. i have a manager the often stays after work to complete tasks or comes in on her days offs to get things done. she bends over backwards for the store/company. shes younger than me and she does this. she has no life outside work. she was making the schedule for the week and she asked when do i need off i told her and she asked me why don't i wanna work more? i told her i have a life i am young i want to enjoy it and be happy while i'm still young. i could be working my butt off hard and making more money. what if i die tomorrow? i'll die a hard worker for old navy? HELL NO!!!!!!! i'm going to be happy have fun, while i'm young i'll be working the rest of my life when the time is right i'll become a hard worker unless i win the lotto.

how many days did u want off
laugh.gif
?

question for you since you say if you die tomorrow you don't wanna die a hard worker? Do you think its gonna be special if you die and you hung out with your friends before you died? Either way you died and your gone people might miss you they might not but your gone there is no vip for the people who rocked out while they were alive.

So i ask you this question lets say you don't die tomorrow, don't you wanna work hard to get out of the current situation you are in? Or are you content with living your young life working a retail job that you dislike?

i feel the same way, but youre working retail bro. try working construction and get back to me

Originally Posted by babylonzion

go to college and make real money after, in the meantime have fun

pretty much, this is how i'm living currently. graduated 07 and worked my a&% off. started school again a year ago and lifes been great since although i have been currently looking for a part-time job so i can have some cash in the pockets. working at old navy is hard though 
eyes.gif
 try working a job with some 13 hour shifts 6 days a week

Being happy makes you become complacent, then you're never motivated to do any work.

Being a hard worker at your own business would be
pimp.gif
for me personally. I don't have a business but plan on owning one in the future.

seriously, i +@*#!+! hate working retail, but I do work hard. gotta put up with it til I get through college tho

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

Being happy makes you become complacent, then you're never motivated to do any work.

Being a hard worker at your own business would be
pimp.gif
for me personally. I don't have a business but plan on owning one in the future.

what. you enjoy misery?

I definitely feel you OP. I just turned 21 and am working 1st shift in a factory M-TH(40 hrs) and retail on the evenings and weekends(15-20 hrs). I do sometimes wonder if I should keep it going and move up but then I realize that I'm young. Quitting the factory come September for a career school though. Certified in Heating in Cooling by February sounds nice and better than being in a factory my whole life.

I want to become an artist like a HipHop rapper and I've been going at it for 13 years. I feel I'm marketable. I lost a few jobs, lost my gf, lost my housing. A belief stuck in the back of my mind the entire time like ima get signed and finally have a job!! I'm 27 and homeless...

If you don't want to work hard, why don't you just quit? I'm all for being happy, but you have to work hard too.
If you work hard enough, you won't have to work for the rest of your life fam. If making yourself happy is your ONLY priority, one day you're gonna wake up and ask yourself, %!+ have I accomplished? Somethings got to give...

Work hard to be happy. Knowing you worked hard for your money is 
pimp.gif

As far as management goes,maybe she has something to prove as a manager. She's young, as you said, but also has no life. That's her decision. Her job is to motivate and encourage you to work. However, when you said Old Navy,i could completely understand why your not happy. A job is a job man,the best thing you can have nowadays is experience.  

I love $$$$ too much to not work hard. everything else will fall in place..you can still be happy

don't get the point of your thread. Yeah it's a retail job but you're coming off real bumish. Then when you add in that your manager is YOUNGER than you, I'm guessing that you're in that 22-25 year range it cements it for me. This is no where near a being happy or being a hard worker type scenario.

Anyways instead of worrying about being happy or working hard, find something you love doing, work hard at it and you'll always be happy.

Maaaan, when I had a job I hated it cuz it felt like I was always working. Now that I am unemployed I feel like I need to be working and can't even enjoy free time because I'm stressin on funds.

You gotta find that perfect balance...which is hard when you aren't satisfied with your job at the moment...but without it you can't even go out and enjoy free time as you would with more spending cash.

/prays to hit Lotto

OP, I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm betting that you are young enough to not have to worry about "still having fun". I am 22 and have worked retail for 5 years now, and I have another job serving. I do this while going to school full time and studying, and I still have time to have fun. Sure I miss out on things, and retail does suck, but you do what you have to do. Maybe your manager works so hard because she is doing what she has to do to get by. Like I said, I dont know what your situation is but you have to stay positive and tell yourself that you wont be doing this forever. Make your money, and you will be good.

Back
Top Bottom