Being Productive with Free Time After Work

Recently I've realized how much time I waste after getting home from work. While it is good to relax some, I want to find something productive to do with my time.

In college I'd always have studying or homework to do after classes were over with, but now I don't have that hanging over my head and have even more free time on the weekends. The only things I really invest free time into are hanging with friends and playing sports/exercising. I feel like now is the time to get into new things since I'm young and don't have many commitments.

What's a good skill to learn or something cool to get into? I work with data and databases as an analyst, but the skill could be unrelated as long as its useful whether on a resume or simply improving myself in any manner. What productive and interesting things do you guys do in your time off of work?

learn another language. that increases you value to employers and adds intrigue in social settings.

Im learning hebrew myself

Last edited:
gym & martial arts b.

take dancing lessons.

start hooping if you live in a warm climate or got a rec center near by.

gym & martial arts b.

take dancing lessons.

start hooping if you live in a warm climate or got a rec center near by.

Yeah I hoop like twice a week and play a few other sports occasionally. Never considered martial arts before.

As for coding, I know SQL which is all that's required for my position. I am open to learning other languages though, but probably after I master SQL more.

Here's what I do after work:
- Concert/show -- talk to people there
- Art gallery -- drink wine, shake hands, make connections
- Volunteer -- teach young kids how to suck farts out of butts

What I should focus more on:
- Learn how to code
- Learn tangible skills / read more
- Get new hobbies and interests

I run two/three days out the week along with lifting
Chill with friends
Game, read books, and watch movies

I definitely should be preparing for grad school with learning coding languages and expanding my mind.

Having great nature energy after work is a huge plus to staying active.

AgentZero AgentZero what's your 3/5 year goals?

Gym after work is a great way to unwind

..dinner afterwards

relax for another hour or so

Then read up on something u want to learn

Last edited:
Yeah I hoop like twice a week and play a few other sports occasionally. Never considered martial arts before.

As for coding, I know SQL which is all that's required for my position. I am open to learning other languages though, but probably after I master SQL more.

sounds good, just keep expanding and perfecting your craft b.

and marital arts plus ball will get u super in shape, i seen a broad instinctively lust over a Meathead da other day, can't hurt wit da ladies.

get a hobby
learn to play guitar, im currently getting back into it.
just copped a 94 strat, added texas special rails...now looking for a vintage pick guard

1176.gif

My free time at work is now invested on investing my money stocks and cryptocurrency.

Learn to cook or paint.

They're very similar.

Glad you mentioned cooking because that's something I definitely want to get more into. Going to try and make more of an effort with meals and teach myself new recipes in the coming weeks.

AgentZero AgentZero what's your 3/5 year goals?

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I'd either like to have advanced to a senior business data analyst (usually takes 3-4 years at my company) or have moved to a more marketing-related job in another year or so where I can use the data analysis skills I've learned. Starting to consider moving somewhere and starting fresh more and more; not sure if I'd ever do it but if I did it'd be in that 3-5 year timeframe. Obviously would like to be set financially, but I haven't mapped out any clear goals that far down the road. Wish I had a better answer for you and it is something I'll start to consider/plan.

There are two things I'm considering doing.

Acrylic panting on canvas, and learning how to play the violin.

i use to get off at 4 but now it's closer to 5
volunteer once a week after work. giving bacc to the community, met some cool and diverse people
got back into the gym after yrs of layoff. dont really hoop as much but try to sneak that in or some type of exercise

during work i try to sneak in some reading, following the markets/investing. i really can do my job in a couple hrs, but i tend to stretch things out :lol:

Back
Top Bottom