Being selfish with spouses??

I'd like to get the opinion of men and women on this one. Is there any one thing that you prefer to keep to yourself in your relationship or marriage?

I ask this because my lady has asked several times to drive the Vette and I brush it off. I have been a very selfish person in my life, but I feel like I have improved big time in my time with her. Backstory is I got her a 2012 Malibu this year. I have never owned a brand new car but copped for her to get to school and take our kids to daycare.

Other females have said they understand every man has his toy and they know not to ask. The men I know that own Vettes don't let their women take them. They will let them drive while they ride, but never just take off with it.

What's your opinion NT? I don't mean to be an *******, I was just born this way. I just feel like DAMN let me have something to myself. Everything else is for the family, I'm just trying to keep my dream car.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that

tell her to grow up if she gives you a hard time over it......

If your bought her a car and all that then you shouldn't even have to explain yourself as to why you won't let her rife YOUR car

Yeh but I only drive it on weekends. I haven't driven as much as I did last year. Most days i'm in the rivv...malibu killing the Rivv

I swear it seems like some women just WANT bacause they can.

Tonight just wasnt a good one to release it to her...raining got the streets too slick and most of all, its Chicago and she a female pushing that around. I'd rather let her drive us to a nice restaurant while I enjoy a cigar. Even that takes a lot from me, I hate riding in the passenger side of my car

Nothing wrong with that . Nobody is gonna take care of YOUR car like you. Being that its your toy/weekend car she should understand how you feel about it . :smh:

Last edited:
One would think that, but that one wouldnt be her. Most of the chicks I dealt with last summer were just happy to hop in. She want the whole cake.

her stamp bout to run out of ink. She said some silly **** a few weeks ago "i don't even want to drive it, I just don't want to be told I can't"

I wanted to hit her with the Ari G T F O move.

She needs to get over it. I hope she doesn't make this a big deal because that would lame. Explain to her thoroughly, why you don't want her driving your vette. If she gets salty then so be it.

"i don't even want to drive it, I just don't want to be told I can't"

That should pretty much seal the deal right there. No drives for her.

I might have been on her side if she broke out some knowledge/awareness about Vette history, sexiness etc. and wanting to be a part of that. Now she gotta handle being told she WON'T drive it! 

Every couple is diffenent. I've onwed a weekends only SRT8 for years and my wife has no desire to drive it. She does have her own key and understands that it's ours becuase we enjoy it together 90% of the time as a family.

Here's your problem. You, a man 20 years younger than the average Vette club member, are driving around in a convertible red Corvette. It's a 2 seater and she knows women other than herself want to occupy that seat badly, especially when you are driving alone.
She definitely has heard some other chickens crowing about you and that car. She wants to these birds to see her driving the car to mark her territory as your wife, and command some of that attention from the opposite sex that you have been enjoying based on the Vette.

If the expectations when you bought the Corvette were that only you would be driving it, then there's no arguement. If you didn't establish this when you bought the car, then you two will have to work it out.

Last edited:
her stamp bout to run out of ink. She said some silly **** a few weeks ago "i don't even want to drive it, I just don't want to be told I can't"
She sounds spoiled. Good luck with that Op.

she gonna be whippin in some other dudes ride, no biggy. talkin bout "oh Tyrone is just my friend, he lets me drive his beamer"

It's just a car. I mean I don't get that attached to stuff like cars. Do you though OP.

If I had a wife, I'd definitely let her drive my car if she wanted to.

It's just a car. I mean I don't get that attached to stuff like cars. Do you though OP.
If I had a wife, I'd definitely let her drive my car if she wanted to.

perspective

When everything is shared its always nice to have a thing or two that are yours yours.... one of those things that ease the mind

like some alone time but in vehicle form

You guys are hilarious. Are you married with kids OP? If you are and your WIFE wants to drive HER car then let her drive HER car.

She's verbalizing the way ALOT of women think. They won't automatically respect your privacy or your right to your own things. Then when you try to have some things to yourself, they give you a guilt trip. Say something like "I'd let you drive my car..." or "What is it you don't want me to see? What are you trying to hide?" Tell her to fall back, and stand your ground.

Put that foot down man, I doubt I'd ever be with someone that I could trust not to crash my **** :smh:

Back
Top Bottom