Best Album to sell 1 million first week?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Michael Jackson's Thiller did NOT do a milli in its debut week........ did it?
eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Nope, but you have to remember the era was LP, and all the new media of today (internet)was not around back then. So Thriller was able to have crazy consistent sales once his singles blew up.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]�[/color][/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]He was selling 500 A DAY at that one particular store, now imagine the sales around the rest ofAmerica.[/color]
pimp.gif

There was no SoundScan when Thriller came out... So nobody can confirm or deny it sellin a milli in a week... Even tho I'm almost positive it dide...

With that being said...

GRODT sold 1 million in 7 days... It just so happen to comeout on a Thursday or some #%%+...

That makes Confessions the winner...

No soundscan when Thiller came out. I'm sure he should at least 2 million. Nsync sold 1.1 in a day and 2.4 in first week. So MJ had to be up there withthose numbers.

Honestly I would have to say its a tie between MMLP and Confessions. Both albums had such a presence where you could tell it sold a mill in the first week.

If GRODT really did go platinum in 1 week. Then GRODT.

If anything Massacre is when dude went commercial.
-Candy Shop
-Just a little Bit
-Disco Inferno

He didnt even make a music video for a street single that i can recall. Those are all club tracks.

And dont bring up those $10 music videos he included with the special edition massacre

the question should be will anything go platinum this year ?

does anyone know whats the biggest selling album this year so far for a 2009 release ?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

the question should be will anything go platinum this year ?
Maybe you're thinking hip hop/R&B cuz I'm more than sure a couple country albums will go plat this year. You give it some time acouple pop albums will too this year. I'm very positive both Em albums will be going plat this year, easily.

If the technology to record sales were around back then I'm sure Michael Jackson's Thriller did 2-3 million first week. Remember, there was noInternet, thus no bootleggin'. The only way you could get the album was to buy it from the record store. To the best of my knowledge Thriller sold over 170million copies worldwide and only cost 750,000 to produce(that's a billion dollar + profit)
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by june0kang

c3 even though wayne is garbage!
what? how can someone you think is garbage make a favorite anything of yours?

But flesh of my flesh i dont think sold a mill, but it was close.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

GRODT more commercial than The Massacre?
eek.gif
To each is own I guess, but that's crazy to me.
yes, in da club,PIMP, 21 questions..... come on dude that was like the biggest single of the century

tell me if you play GRODT you can have white chicks from the suburbs rap along and know every line to line
laugh.gif
Candy Shop, Just a Little Bit, Disco Inferno, Outta Control, Outta Control Remix

Originally Posted by CL552k1

If the technology to record sales were around back then I'm sure Michael Jackson's Thriller did 2-3 million first week. Remember, there was no Internet, thus no bootleggin'. The only way you could get the album was to buy it from the record store. To the best of my knowledge Thriller sold over 170 million copies worldwide and only cost 750,000 to produce(that's a billion dollar + profit)
eek.gif
eek.gif
I won't give you a full ****, but 1/2 of the sentiment will do.

where would you go to find out this type of info??
in any event im goin with

the love below & the eminem show

Back
Top Bottom