BEST BASKETBALL SHOE FOR OVERALL PERFORMANCE??????

some sentimental favorites:

converse run-n-slam (one of the greatest kicks ever made but it's based on my impressions in 93)
adidas eqt elevation (awesome, awesome shoe. forget when they came out. 97? 98? something like that)
penny 2 (comfort/ looks/ never had the ogs tho. but i'm just gonna assume the retros feel the same)
2k4 (fit is great)
jordan 18 (great feel/ insane traction/probably the most comfortable jordan)

I gotta go with the 2k4's

No disrespect to those who listed the hyperdunk but I think they are horrible, after about 5 hard days of ball they fall apart

When I hear someone say OVERALL performance I include durability as a factor and in that category hyperdunks get a 2

Hyperdunks had the potential to be great but the limited wear kills it especially for the 100+ price tag

zoom kobe 1, 3, and 4 and any of the huarache line (including elite ii's). My favorites are the zoom kobe 1 and 4 (I'm a guard). If you're a postguy, the elite ii's from this list is solid.

1. Huarache 2k4s - great traction, responsive, light
2. Shox BB4 - stability, great traction, ankle protection is awesome (however they are heavy and takes time to break in)
3. Huarache 2k5s - responsive, light, (terrible traction)

A few weeks ago I would've said 2k4's but after playing in
some huarache 08's for two weeks, my opinions been turned
around. The grip is awesome, the inner bootie brings incredible
comfort and a lockdown feel. I love playing ball in these and I'd
recommend them to anyone

nothing will beat the 97 air max uptempo! even though its been 10 years since i had mine, i remember clearly how great it was to play basketball in themindoors or outdoors, unfortunately that was my only shoe back then and after 2 years of playing outdoors in them the whole air sole bubble flew off while i wasactually playing, i got the sole and placed them back on.
laugh.gif

as for the recent ones i'd have to say the zoom bb1

For me, the Lebron III has to be the best shoe I have worn overall for performance, followed closely by the Jordan XIX and the Lebron II. The III was/is verydurable, good lockdown fit and wonderful ankle protection, as well as support for me (I'm a big guy, 6'4 250+) so it cushions and protects my feet verywell. I like them so much I am trying to stockpile pairs from ebay and online (still looking the for black and varsity crimson colorway).

Vis Zoom Uptempo-the kicks Allan Houston wore when he was straight killin it
The traction is what I really liked about the shoe. I loved coming down the lane and pulling up for a J on a fastbreak in these.

GP Flight AND Nike Air Believe
Shoes were comfy and very light. The strap really helped lock down my foot.
I used ankle braces so the part of the shoe were it exposed your socket wasnt really a problem for me.

Shox BB4
gave me unbelievable bounce...boing boing. no pun intended.
traction was excellent. I dunked for the first time in these (8th grade)

Flightposite KG
Unbelievably comfy, felt like a sock. Very durable. Did I mention the traction was superb?!

Jordan III, XI, XII, XII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XXII
no need for explanation.
laugh.gif

I think traction, comfort and the shoes durability play a big part in what all of us consider a great basketball shoe.
Obviously I think it is. I pretty much said traction and comfort in most of the shoes I talked about.

hyperdunks if you were able to pick up a new pair every couple times out(aka avoid bottoming out)

for me its the zk4. very light and responsive. the cushion and traction is also great. low cut shoes will dominate the high cut in the future imo

i would say FlightPosite IIIs. they may not be the most appealing but they are comfy and great traction!

Back
Top Bottom