Best concert you have been to?

I saw N*E*R*D in a smaller venue. I think their concert stood out the most compared to a lot of the ones I've been to because of the energy level. That was a dope concert. 

One I would want to experience (and always seem to keep missing out when they're in town) is the Foo Fighters.

Close tie between The Weeknd's concert in 2012 at The Norva and Juicy J's concert in 2012 at Off The Hookah , he performed almost every song off of Blue Dream & Lean.

Show was so turnt they had to stop the show but Juicy still performed Geeked Up Off Them Bars acapella 
pimp.gif

Prodigy of mobb deep was dope performed all his HNIC joints. Action Bronson was live AF didnt body slam nobody but body was hilarious 

The Glow In The Dark tour with Kanye, N.E.R.D. , Rihanna, and Lupe was crazy. Went to the Virginia Beach show which was at an ampitheater, and then a tornado warning popped off. Everyone got soaked.

Another dope one was at thr Merriweather Pavillion in MD. Might of been rock the bells, I can't remember. But Lauryn Hill was there performing, and called Nas out as a surprise guest to do "If I ruled the World" (Nas and Damian Marley had a show the next night in DC). Wu-tang was on the lineup too and they called Nas out again to do Verbal Intercourse.

The next night the Nas Damian Marley Distant relatives show was lit! So much energy in the room the whole night.

Going to check out George Clinton & Parliament tonight to get funked up :smokin

I prefer the smaller venues than the stadiums. I go to like 4-5 shows a year.

Bruno Mars - Moonshine Jungle tour or some **** it was called might be the best joint I've ever seen. Kid was channeling Michael Jackson that night. He put on a real show. From the dancing, wardrobe and passion. That was special.

Chris Brown puts on a hell of a show. Watching him dance live is stupid. Kid can dance his *** off.

G-Unit (2015 tour) **** was so damn live. I was worried it was gonna be wack but it was better than the Roc the Mic tour in 03. 2015 was a smaller venue and the crowd was live as ****. I seen one cat jump on the engineering table with a ski mask and rock out to "What Up Gangsta" the white dudes were tight and then before security came, son ran off in the crowd. G-Unit rocked for two hours straight and did over 40 songs. **** was wild as ****

New Edition - Home Again tour. Had Blackstreet and Keith Sweat, that tour was stupid. Nothing but classics that night.

Busta Rhymes is mad live. He puts on a good show.
Beyoncé is one of the worst. More clothing changes and breaks than songs performed.
Yelawolf is wild.
Cudi was real dope to see. Saw him a few years ago, before he started making trash music.

Tank and Carl Thomas have the best voices I've ever heard live.

I beeeegggggeeeeddd my mom to take me to see the Ruff Ryders/Cash Money tour, Up In Smoke tour and the No Way Out tour. I'm still hurt over those.

coachella with an artist pass 2 years ago was amazing. got to watch pharrell bring out pusha t, usher, busta, and jay z.

glow in the dark was dope but was a freshman in college so could only afford nosebleeds. lol

this summer i got to hop on the jcole tour pt 2 for 4 dates in the uk. man that lineup O.O j cole, pusha t, jhene aiko, dreamville. Best week of my life.

Hmmmm sorry for poor quality of pictures but

ASAP was pretty live during he first tour off the mixtape hype. Dude was rapping one song jump in the crowd, crowed stuff and didn't miss a beat.

BUKU fest
Chance the rapper had a pretty dope set. Preformed alot of songs but I wanted to hear it with bass and not a live band. Dude had amazing energy on stage crowd yelled encore and he game back out and did juice. Dude was bragging the stage manager to let him go back out
View media item 1793898
Pusha T put own for his set. When numbers on the board came on it was a rap. He also played alot of songs that he was featured on and broke down why he signed with good music to begin his solo career.
View media item 1793903View media item 1793904
Nas yea I've seen Nas like four five times so it's nothing special. It's either he know the lines or he doesn't. Believe this was the concert where it was a illmatic theme.
View media item 1793911View media item 1793915
Cam'ron
None my boys wanted to come see him with me. But one of my dudes from campus made that trip with me. Played that wet wipe :smokin
View media item 1793921
I've also seen Lupe a ton of times he was actually first artist I seen live. Still my favorite artist 1st and 15th
View media item 1793928
Saw wale also a ton of time Drake a few times. Remember getting side stage access yo a Drake concert at voodoo Fest.

Wanted to go to a rock the bell tour in DC but it got canceled

You know boosie and webbie is a giving. Would have love to go to a Soulja Slim concert

I'm sure there other artists I can't think of right now. O yea jayz seen him like three times

O yea o yea seen j Cole like four times. Remember it was right when his first album dropped. Dude got off stage at the end of his performance and dapped everyone down that wanted dap.
Also remember when he stopped by lsu before FH dropped
View media item 1793937

Incubus @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
Sade @ Oco Arena
De La Soul @ Yoshi's
Rakim @ Yoshi's
Young Jeezy @ Mezzanine

Brandon Boyd puts on an incredible show
I agree. Still remember attending the Incubus concert at the Civic Auditorium.

I may be the only one, but I enjoyed Ellie Goulding's concert too. Her music isn't too bad and my wife was enjoying her time. All worth it.

I agree. Still remember attending the Incubus concert at the Civic Auditorium.

I may be the only one, but I enjoyed Ellie Goulding's concert too. Her music isn't too bad and my wife was enjoying her time. All worth it.

I love when he does covers in the middle of songs

he did Stand By Me the last concert I was at and it was :pimp:

Brandon Boyd puts on an incredible show

I consider myself a huge hip-hop guy but I have seen Incubus 7 times and the best will always be the first show cause they did a lot of stuff on their S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album which they hardly do now. They are my Back Street Boys band. I love them.

I have several favorites, so here they are:

Billy Joel - Last Play at Shea (2008): I was there for the final night. Billy is probably my overall favorite artist of all-time (I'm from Long Island, so I'm a bit biased). He brought out Roger Daltrey (The Who), Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Steven Tyler, John Mayer, John Mellancamp, and of course, the legendary Paul McCartney. Talk about an emotional night; I will be forever grateful to my father for managing to get tickets and taking me

Adele - House of Blues Boston (2011): I have to preface this by saying I have been an Adele fan since 19 came out. I will be honest and admit that I did not listen to the album until after she won the Grammy for Chasing Pavements, but nonetheless, I have been a fan ever since. I was dating a girl from Boston at the time, and we both tried to get tickets (myself for NYC and her for Boston). She was lucky enough to get tickets (which we were offered over $1K while in line that night). The Civil Wars were the opening act; I had never heard of them, but was very impressed. I loved their cover of Billie Jean. Adele rattled off all her songs from 19 and 21 (which had just released). Hearing Hometown Glory live is something I'll never forget. I'm glad she's received the recognition she deserves since then.

JAM'N 94.5 Monster Jam - Boston(2008): I honestly don't remember the opening acts (I just Googled and it was Brandy, Yung Berg, and Ne-Yo...no wonder I forgot). This concert was memorable because Jay-Z and Lil' Wayne were the headliners. Jay was on first, and then Wayne was supposed to close out the night. It turned out that Wayne refused to go through a metal detector and wasn't able to enter the arena. All the tweens in the crowd wanted to hear Lollipop and started booing. Jay came back out and said "Hey, I was gonna play some more, but if you don't want me to, I got the PJ ready on the runway." He wound up performing an additional half hour or so, rattling through hits. Amazing!

A State of Trance 600 - MSG (2013): I'm a huge house music fan. Being on the floor to see one of the biggest DJs of all-time was truly special. The opening acts were incredible (Alex M.O.R.P.H., W&W, New World Punx). Armin put on quite the show and it's a great memory

Glow in the Dark Tour - MSG (2008): I've seen Kanye 7 times, but this may have been the most impressive. The opening acts were incredible. The stage production and lighting were incredible. Yeezus is god.

Musiq Soulchild,the X-Ecutioners, Common, and Kanye West - New Life Project NYC (2003): This is a show I will never forget. It was some charity event and tickets were super cheap. I was a junior in HS at the time and the show was on a Friday night. I was (still am) a Kanye fanatic and made my friends arrive to the venue 3 hours before doors. As a result, we were front row, right up against the barricades. Kanye came out into the crowd and gave us all daps at one point. Highlight of the night was Get Em' High (my favorite Ye' song still to this day).

Honorable Mentions:

Watch the Throne Tour
Usher Confessions Tour (with Kanye)
Clipse (Live at Middle East - Boston)
New Found Glory & Blink 182 (Jones Beach)
Billboard Festival 2015 (Jones Beach)
Tiesto - NYE 2013 (Ovation Hall - Revel AC)
Above & Beyond (Echostage 2013)

I had to go to that concert when she was back on tour. I felt like that was the last time I would ever see her. I've seen her live DVDs all the time and it was exactly that and some. She did over 2 hours of music if you can believe that and performed all of her songs from the beginning to end. It was just dope.

This was dope live. There was even a break section where the precussion went off for another couple of minutes.

I think as far as energy goes, rock concerts are the best shows to go to (I don't count that DJ stuff as a concert). Rap music is better in the small stage venues. I went to the Justin and Jay-Z concert and that was such a lack luster show cause I was watching it so far away. I went to a Waka Flocka concert in a small venue and that was seriously one of the funnest shows ever. The worst I have ever been to was a Juicy J concert. I was shooting photos front row and the people at those shows are insane. So many guys and girls wanted to fight each other and there were so many people just drugged up and high off their *****.

Shout out to whoever said Robert Glasper! Saw him and Terence Blanchard on the same bill at the Barbican in London about five years back. One of the best nights of my life.
eek.gif

Damien Marley also puts on a hell of a show as does Roy Ayers.

Nas at the Kennedy Center with a live ochestra performing illmatic from front to back. :pimp:

Stephen Marley at the 9:30 club was awesome

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom