Best Jordan 5 Metallic?

dblplay1212

Supporter
2007? 2011? 2016? I'm not a huge Jordan guy these days but the Jordan 5 Metallic is my favorite shoe all time for nostalgia reasons. I need to pick one up but not sure which retro is considered to be the best. I assume 2016 bc of no number on the side but wanted to check with those that know way more than me.

Thanks in advance.

If it were me I'd go with the 2016's, they were very well done as far as retros go, and the resale prices are just a little above retail (not to long ago I heard some were floating around at outlets even). I've never been a huge 5 guy I like them, but 2-4 are my favorites. After buying them they have grown on me hard, and I wear mine quite a bit now. Plus they got that NA.:nthat: Just my 2 cents.

Ahh. Sorry I'm an AM1 guy that the Jordan terms throw me.

In 1990, my mom went to the midnight release for these. Mid 30's white woman in line at Champs lol. The next morning I opened these for my 12th bday. I was the only kid in school with them on that day and other kids were literally interrupting my classrooms to check them. I've never been as cool since as I was that day. I'll never wear these shoes but I want a pair to just sit in my shoe to remind me of mom.

Thanks, guys.

If you say you want them just for display, then get the 2016's - they have Nike Air on the back just like your OGs did. The other retro versions did not have it, they had a jumpman on the back.

jordan-brand-retro-remaster-6.jpg

Good luck!

2016 for sure. Also, if you haven't signed up for StockX yet, DL the app and look for a pair there. When you sign up they give you a $20 coupon code to use. Good luck man!

2000 was the best retro but definitely 2016 is the best out of the OPs list and the obvious choice if you want to wear.

2016 for sure, I actually picked up another pair off stockx recently, just slightly over retail they don't go for too much so that's a good thing for those that missed out. Just like you these are one of my favorite jordans of all time (although I probably say that to many of them, mainly OG color ways lol).

Seems like everyone has a story connected to Original Air Jordans...whether its a good memory or bad...pretty cool if you ask me.

Good Luck on your search, shouldn’t be too hard.

2016 for sure. Also, if you haven't signed up for StockX yet, DL the app and look for a pair there. When you sign up they give you a $20 coupon code to use. Good luck man!

Unfortunately, I think that $20.00 code promo is defunct now, tried yesterday and it sent me a $100.00 off watches and $50.00 off handbags. :ohwell:
It could be that I've gotten one for like 7 different email addresses though.:lol: dblplay1212 dblplay1212 what size are you? GOATapp sometimes has slightly better prices especially if you can get one with damaged/no box... unless you want the box too. Goatapp is also slightly cheaper when it comes to shipping. They've also got some NDS ones even cheaper, unless your just wanting a DS pair.

Last edited:
Nike air

Unfortunately, I think that $20.00 code promo is defunct now, tried yesterday and it sent me a $100.00 off watches and $50.00 off handbags. :ohwell:
It could be that I've gotten one for like 7 different email addresses though.:lol: dblplay1212 dblplay1212 what size are you? GOATapp sometimes has slightly better prices especially if you can get one with damaged/no box... unless you want the box too. Goatapp is also slightly cheaper when it comes to shipping. They've also got some NDS ones even cheaper, unless your just wanting a DS pair.
That code they sent you will still work for $20 off shoes fwiw.

Thanks for that man, I'd all but given up on that promo. I just tried it and it did work, looks like I'll be creating more emails now.:lol:
Yeah that code works. If for any reason a code doesnt work email them and theyll send u 1. I emailed them and got a code when i thought that 50 to 100 bucks off wouldnt work for shoes

07 has lower cut, jumpman on back, and 23 on side

16 has blue tint on sole and a weird glossy finish on the tongue

Best bet for display purposes is to find a 2000 pair

I went digging in my parent's attic this weekend, mainly looking for my Metallic 5's. Mom swears there's an old box up there with all of my shoes from childhood bc I would never throw them away. I couldn't find the shoes but I did find this box. Crushing when I opened it and found cards.

fwiw I did end up recently buying a 2016 pair. They'll just sit on a shelf but really glad to have them.

If I had to pick the best Jordan 5 metallic Id have to go with these

air-jordan-5-black-metallic-2007-4.png

They get the point across without taking too much away from those of us who still have the originals.

Back
Top Bottom