Best QB/RB/WR Triplet in the NFL?

All I know is, nobody in the league is on that Romo/Felix/Dez/Miles/Witten level. Top 3 would have to be Texans.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Matty Checkdown is a better QB than Schaub and he's better than eveyone not named Brees, Manning, Brady, & Rodgers ...

Mr Phillip Rivers and Big Ben would like a word with you.

its Houston and its not even close

Schaub throws for 4370 yards....63.6 completion %...Matt Ryan, 3705...62.5
Foster leads the NFL in rushing (1,616 16TD..327 attempts,....Michael Turner (1, 371 12 TD, 334 attempts)
Andre is the best WR in the game....

/thread /discussion

Romo, Dez, Jones. Are up there. Top trio is Houston easy though. I like how the cowboys are flying under the radar. Will surprise alot of people. Eagles arejust hype. Haven't even played a regular season game yet smh. Eagles = Miami Heat

laugh.gif
Matt Schaub is definitely NOT better than Matt Ryan

Matt Ryan is more than an above avg QB. he's top 6 Easy without debate and I'd put him at around a healthy 4
Yikes.

Very clownish statement...

When did Matt Schaub become the new IT player
laugh.gif
I mean decent QB yea but not better than Ryan IMO.  I see him the same way I saw Romo with the TO effect.  Although, I think Romo is better than him as well.

If Mathews has a decent year, I'll say Rivers/Mathews/V-Jax or Floyd will be up there as well.

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

Eagles = Miami Heat

who did the eagles lose off of a team that won the NFC east last year and lost to the super bowl champs by 5?

tell me who i'm missing:
dimitri patterson is being replaced with nnamdi

stewart bradley got hurt, then was benched (his replacement, chaney, will be starting again this year)

ernie sims was benched (his replacement, fokou, will also be starting again this year)

bunkley was benched (his replacement, dixon, is still on the team)

so of our regular starters that leaves: david akers and mikell

how many ppl remained from the heat's 2009-10 roster to their 2010-11 roster?

Matt Schaub was trash for the first half of last year and he only got a little better as the year went on.

Originally Posted by Proshares

When did Matt Schaub become the new IT player
laugh.gif
I mean decent QB yea but not better than Ryan IMO.  I see him the same way I saw Romo with the TO effect.  Although, I think Romo is better than him as well.
ryan is a solid QB.. hell he might be the best out of the schaub/cassel/romo/eli group.. solid guys, who can be very effective depending on who they are surrounded with

but that TEAM deserves alot of credit.. they lean heavily on the running game (5th in attempts last year and 11th the year before that) and roddy white is easily a top 5 receiver (see the ravens game for a prefect example, that game winning play had more to do with white than it did matty ice)

It's gotta be Houston or Philly, Turner is burnt the hell out he doesn't have as big an impact as multi-talented RB's like Foster and McCoy have

and that has NOTHING to do with hype.

I'd go with Big Ben-Mendenhall-Wallace at 3rd

btw, when eagles decided to roll with kolb i was hoping he would turn out to be a 'matt ryan' type QB..

nothing spectacular.. solid, mistake free football.. get the ball to desean/maclin/mccoy/celek/avant and let them do their thing.. be a west coast offense QB

Why are the Falcons even mentioned? WR finally had a good year after years of being a dud. Turner's body will give up on him once the juice side effects kick in and how far did they go in the playoffs? Once they played a good team, they got smashed. The thread is the BEST not who has a good triplet.

Eagles have a real good triplet, so does GB.

Flacco is not good enough
TB is good but they're not messing with Philly or GB.
Texans are good too but Schaub is not good enough to compete with Vick or Rogers

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Eagles = Miami Heat

who did the eagles lose off of a team that won the NFC east last year and lost to the super bowl champs by 5?

tell me who i'm missing:
dimitri patterson is being replaced with nnamdi

stewart bradley got hurt, then was benched (his replacement, chaney, will be starting again this year)

ernie sims was benched (his replacement, fokou, will also be starting again this year)

bunkley was benched (his replacement, dixon, is still on the team)

so of our regular starters that leaves: david akers and mikell

how many ppl remained from the heat's 2009-10 roster to their 2010-11 roster?

Eagles = Miami Heat like is said. As in alot of hype for nothing. They wont win the chip. Why does it matter if they won the nfc was last year? Still never won a Super Bowl. Since when is losing to the Super Bowl winner is an accomplishment? You can't be serious man. At the end of the day Dallas Cowboys have 5 and philly has 0. Eagles don't know what winning is.

Yall really this high on Ryan though?

Idk but he never impressed me

He's def not Top 7 and wouldn't call anyone silly who said anyone out of the Romo/eli/cassel/cutler/schuab/flacco category was better than him.. But that's just me

Yall got to stop derailing every single NFL thread into an Eagles are overhyped debate, super bowl rings got nothing to do with the original post

yall sensitive as all hell

I'm still waiting for a legitimate, tangible reason why Ryan is better than Schaub.

I don't even want to argue I'm seriously curious to why Matt Ryan is so "good". He doesn't impress me at all.

I kinda dipped on this thread after my first response. It's worth noting that if you add TE to the mix, the texans still have a compelling case for number 1 with owen daniels. He was a pro bowl TE before getting hurt last year and seems to look healthy this year

No freaking way Ryan is better than Phil Rivers. 
30t6p3b.gif
  And I think Shaub is better than Ryan too. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

No freaking way Ryan is better than Phil Rivers. 
30t6p3b.gif
  And I think Shaub is better than Ryan too. 

This. Ryan is good. But not that good. At least not yet.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Matty Checkdown is a better QB than Schaub and he's better than eveyone not named Brees, Manning, Brady, & Rodgers ...
Philip+Rivers1.jpg

Eagles = Miami Heat like is said. As in alot of hype for nothing. They wont win the chip. Why does it matter if they won the nfc was last year? Still never won a Super Bowl. Since when is losing to the Super Bowl winner is an accomplishment?

i was simply using last year's results as a starting point for the eagles as a team.. because it is my view, that the eagles took an already solid team and added to it (as evidenced by our winning the NFC east and playing the eventual super bowl winners tough)

now am i going back and rewriting history, no

am i saying that the eagles are the favorites to win this year, no (green bay had a crap load of injuries and are getting those players back.. so they could be an even better team)

all i am saying is that the eagles had a solid team last year and made improvements, for example:

eagles had the 2nd rated offense, but had injuries and poor play on the OLine.. so in the offseason they went out and tried to make improvements there through the draft (and took a flyer on Harris through free agency)

the eagles defense started to get better as guys like chaney, fokou and dixon stepped into and became more comfortable with starting rolls (not bad for 2 7th round picks and an undrafted free agent)

the secondary was horrible and had to go up against who i consider to be the best QB in the league (rodgers).. so in order to be better prepared for the next potential meeting with the packers (or any decent QB/passing team), the eagles traded for DRC and signed nnamdi (also drafted a new safety and a corner).. now we no longer have to start dimitri patterson
indifferent.gif

the heat on the other hand, returned 1.5 starters from their 2009-10 team (depends on which game, IF chalmers was starting and haslem missed most of the year and was no longer a starter)..

but the heat's main problem was they were poorly constructed team.. as great as lebron and wade are, they are very similar offensively (ball dominators who attack the rim.. doesn't help that they are both streaky shooters either).. on offense, it basically looked like they would come down and take turns; while defenses just packed it in and dared them to shoot

also bosh dominated the ball while with the raptors

You can't be serious man. At the end of the day Dallas Cowboys have 5 and philly has 0. Eagles don't know what winning is.
historically, yes the cowboys organization obviously knows more than the eagles about winning..

this past decade, i'm not to sure

My problem with Ryan is the deep ball, its never thrown. Its what is separating him with the rest. 

The play calling is really conservative at times which works against him too. But I do think this will be the year they stretch the field and air the ball out more.

Back
Top Bottom