Best Running Shoe Available Right Now?

I recently got a job working valet at the hospital near my school. I've worked about 2 weeks and have been wearing some $11 walmart shoes lol. There'ssomething wrong with my feet though and my heels always kill me. If I get hit in the heel in the right spot, it can be pretty painful for a few good moments.I'm gonna get it checked out....eventually, but I was thinking about buying some quality running shoes for the job. I'm looking to spend up to $200,but I'd prefer to keep it around $100. The reason I bought some $11 walmart shoes was because I needed white shoes for the job and I didn't want tomess any of my good shoes up. I've never owned a pair of running shoes. The shoes MUST be all white if possible or as much white as can be. Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

I recently got a job working valet at the hospital near my school. I've worked about 2 weeks and have been wearing some $11 walmart shoes lol. There's something wrong with my feet though and my heels always kill me. If I get hit in the heel in the right spot, it can be pretty painful for a few good moments. I'm gonna get it checked out....eventually, but I was thinking about buying some quality running shoes for the job. I'm looking to spend up to $200, but I'd prefer to keep it around $100. The reason I bought some $11 walmart shoes was because I needed white shoes for the job and I didn't want to mess any of my good shoes up. I've never owned a pair of running shoes. The shoes MUST be all white if possible or as much white as can be. Thanks guys.

NIKEID.com AIR MAX 360.. make it all white! that's what I did

So you aren't actually 'running'? If you want a real running shoe to do distance running you're answer isn't Nike.

I'm loving the Free Everyday+ 2! I have a pair I wear running and a pair I wear around the office. There is no limit to this shoe's comfort!I got themoff of finishline.com with 20% off about a month ago. around $79 a piece shipped.

i was gonna say Nike Vomero but they dont come in all white
frown.gif

first answer me few questions
height?
weight?
do you pronate? (wear out shoes from the inside or outside)
how much running do u do in a day and the distance?

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

first answer me few questions
height?
weight?
do you pronate? (wear out shoes from the inside or outside)
how much running do u do in a day and the distance?

6'2''
i guess i wear out shoes from the outside more, but my walmart shoes were already tore up on the inside at the heel part.
i work 8 hours a day and we have to run to and from parked cars from the entrance to the various parking lots. it's not so bad at first, but it reallystarts to catch up to you after a few hours.

i was thinking about buying the air max 360's, but i don't wanna have to customize them on nikeid and wait for them to get here. i was hoping to go tofootlocker or something this weekend and pick up a pair of something.

oh and i'm just assuming that running shoes would be the best option.

also, the most comfortable pair of shoes i've ever worn were the air max 94 barkleys.

i hope that helps out a little.

im recomending 2 shoes
air max tailwind
you could go with last years model if price is a issue there isnt much of a difrence in cushioning , they can be found at most nike outlets for around 69. atfirst they may seem a lil stiff but the multi chamber air max unit in the heel adjusted to weight that should help with some of the paint your having.

second shoe is Nike Air Zoom Vomero
this shoe has a difrent feel to it but still comfortable. zoom air in the heel and forefoot make it more responsive. these are comfy out the box. also thedurolon outsole is also cushioned how ever wears out quicker.

to be honest persoally i always loved the tailwind cause the zoom air get a lil boring at least for me i can wear zoom for a while but the phyln does brakedown theyll still be comfy but youll get used to them.

hope that helps

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Why not just get a pair of Rejuven8s?
those or lunar trainers. Lunars are very comfy, Ive heard the same about rejuven8s.

I always thought the general consensus is that nike does not make the best running shoes? They definitely look the best though.

That was the general consensus, but some of their new offerings (Vomero 4, Air Max 2009) are nothing like the old Nikes. It has always been cool in the runningworld to bag on nike, but some of their new shoes are really great. They even fixed the tiny toeboxes their shoes used to have.

The all white makes it tough. There is an all white (black swoosh) pair of lunartrainers at FNL, but I am not sure how long those would last. Vomero 2s used tobe on iD, but they may not be anymore. I don't think 360 IIIs are very comfortable, but they are still on iD I believe.

Just get a pair of cross training shoes such as Air Monarchs. They're pretty comfortable for walking I'd say.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

oh and i'm just assuming that running shoes would be the best option.

also, the most comfortable pair of shoes i've ever worn were the air max 94 barkleys.

Just in case you were thinking about buying the Retros that just dropped, they're not as comfortable as previous versions.

the best walking/running shoe i have ever put on are the new balance 993s....sorry Nike can mess with those...

here's a few options, depending on what you're looking for, style vs function etc.

-Air Max Skyline($80-$90) a good stylish shoe, comfort is good, durability is average
-Nike View II($50-$60) plain jane style, made for walking so comfort is good(comes in medium and wide sizes), durability is good
-Air Generate($65-$70) this is a training shoe so its comfortable and light, but might not be good for all day wear
-Air Max Turbulence($80-$100) lightweight with cushioning, synthetic leather upper

I agree with the post about some of Nike latest offerings. The Vomero's are SO comfy for being on your feet for a long period of time. By far thesoftest cushioned running shoe. However, you said the inside of your heel wore out which would indicate you need more support on the inside.

Did you ever think about going with some soft cushioned B-Ball shoes like the BB 1's. I wear a pair for work and I'm on my feet much of the day. The cushioning seems to even get better over time. My feet havn't felt better.

if you have an issue w/ over or under pronating, the new kayano would be the best shoe. that shoe is beefed up for lateral support w/o sacrifiing much heelcushioning

Back
Top Bottom