Better Actor: Denzel Washington or Will Smith

apples vs oranges

Will Smith came in as a movie star first, actor second (word to Vinny Chase)
Whereas Denzel has always been in that Tom Hanks mold of character actor

where Smith's public perception was changed was after he did Pursuit of Happyness, in which if I remember correctly he initially had to sink some of hisown cash into before it got picked up by Columbia

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Just watched Pursuit of Happyness and John Q.

Will Smith is a better actor.
TNT? just finished pursuit of happyness now john Q is on...

Originally Posted by renkxedik

apples vs oranges

Will Smith came in as a movie star first, actor second (word to Vinny Chase)
Whereas Denzel has always been in that Tom Hanks mold of character actor

where Smith's public perception was changed was after he did Pursuit of Happyness, in which if I remember correctly he initially had to sink some of his own cash into before it got picked up by Columbia

He came in as a movie star first because of his buildup from acting as Fresh Prince then evolving with music.

Denzel....easily.

Will Smith is a great actor and all but I don't think he can compare to Denezel whatsoever.

Denzel...he is that dude.

Will aint no joke either though

Now Denzel vs. Johnny Depp is hard for me id probably still go wit Denzel though

They're both on their way to being type casted, more so Denzel but they both do what they do really good. Right now I'm gonna say Will since he comesoff more diverse. I just happened to see Pursuit Of Happiness and John Q today.

Denzel although powerful in his roles it's damn near the same shh, Will on the other hand isn't just the action hero actor. He made believe he was Alito an extent and was comitted to 7 Pounds.

Although great, they're both not THAT great.

laugh.gif
@ Extra right now

Will Smith picks better movies than Denzel. At this point in their careers they can basically choose what they want to do and Denzel's been in some badmovies.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I like Smith more but after looking at those 2 lists,

1. Training Day
2. RTT
3. Bad Boys

So you have Bad Boys over Glory, Malcolm X and Hurricane?

Will Smith has shown more range, some very silly comedy and more recently some very serious stuff and many shades in between those two. However, great actingreally comes down to drama and in that respect Denzel Washington is in another class and is one of the very best dramatic actors of our generation.

I especially liked his roles in Philadelphia, He Got Game and most of all Training Day.

well Denzel is sort of on another level, but Will Smith is my fav actor... when his new movie comes out, it's a guarantee i'll go see it.

They shud really do a movie togetherrr.

Denzel plays the same 3 characters every movie. After watching Seven Pounds i say will smith for sure.

Back
Top Bottom