Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

I'm not taking shots at those speculating...but just let it be what it's going to be. Speculating is fine, just don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, the extreme reaching or Superb's interpretation of this show.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 dude youre getting so pissed every time someone talks about ernie POSSIBLY being related to gus in some way. were just throwing out thoughts and something to get excited for. its usually what people do with shows like this. chill out man.

Last edited:
:lol:  dude youre getting so pissed every time someone talks about ernie POSSIBLY being related to gus in some way. were just throwing out thoughts and something to get excited for. its usually what people do with shows like this. chill out man.
Getting pissed? You must be part of The Reach team with that claim. I don't have any issue with some speculation, but the thread loses it's luster when the tin hats come out and people start coming up with absurd predictions and just run them into the ground. We have already seen some bold predictions be flat out wrong too. Like mentioned before we should just enjoy this show for what it is and realize it's not BB.

Getting pissed? You must be part of The Reach team with that claim. I don't have any issue with some speculation, but the thread loses it's luster when the tin hats come out and people start coming up with absurd predictions and just run them into the ground. We have already seen some bold predictions be flat out wrong too. Like mentioned before we should just enjoy this show for what it is and realize it's not BB.
how is that a tin hat prediction though?

Erni could very well be Ernesto...

I was shocked when Gus name was Gustavo... He looked like Barack Obama.

Its not really a reach bruh...

And the fact that its s spinoff from BB should definitely leave it open for interpretation...

How many people thought TUCO of all people would've opened the door when he tracked down those skateboarders?

Saul knew Gus threw his relationship with Mike in BB, the writers never hinted that he knew Gus outside of his name or rep.

Gus should be a non factor in the upcoming season , Jimmy still has to team up with Nacho and the cartel before we even think about Gus' introduction IMO

How could you not know Gus was of Latin descent? I mean he spoke with an accent, owned a store called Los Pollos Hermanos and was played by an actor named Giancarlo Esposito.

Also yall gotta dead the Gus was gay talk, being meticulous doesn't mean you like boys lol

Last edited:
Out here looking for Breaking Bad season 6 :lol:

:smh:

Still not understanding the need to rush things within this series for some viewers. People really want damn near everything within one season :lol:   :smh:

Then complain because the series ends after two seasons :smh:. They need to fall back and let Vince do what he does best. They have at least 3 seasons worth of story here before they get to the current time. Saul's debut doesn't have to come in season 1.

i know im not the only one who thinks/thought Ernie or ERNESTO is...

:nerd:

....related to Gus in some way.

btw i didnt catch up with thread because i finally saw the finale last night.

I don't know why that would even come up. What about him screams Gus, besides skin color?

What about Ernie makes people think he might be related to Gus? :lol:

Exactly :lol:

I apologize if I'm way wrong here but I thought Gus was gay? Mexican cartels killed his lover no? this guy?

View media item 1482662

It was implied by Hector that he may be gay, no confirmation though.

Don't think it's possible. Gus has never been seen on the show with a chick nor has he mentioned himself having a kid.

If I recall correctly, the episode where he invites Walt to his home for dinner, he was cooking a traditional Chilean dish/soup. I think he mentioned his kids and them not liking it or something. He also said something about doing what he does for his family, and made a comparison with Walt and his family. We've never seen them though.

To be honest, Gus is a master manipulator, next to Walt of course. It wouldn't surprise me if he only mentioned a wife and kids to get Walt on his side to convince him to get rid of Jesse.

Ernesto is actually the son he concieved with this guy.

The realest **** mentioned in the last few pages. :rofl:

Very cynical viewpoint.
I don't see the cutting corners at all.
The character development is brilliant as is the acting and dialogue.

I think this show is too slow paced for you. Not enough action, not the same kind of drama that BB had.

Different strokes for different folks but to call it a cash grab I think is to ignore the quality of the show.

Same thing people said about BB in the beginning. Lets see what he says when Season 2 airs.

In Breaking Bad when Gus was originally introduced, Saul refered to Gus as a guy he knows through another guy(I know a guy who knows a guy). Which that other guy was Mike. Which to me says he doesn't know Gus or he only knows Gus through Mike. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Exactly. Saul didn't even know how deep Mike's connection was with Gus. I don't think Saul even met Gus to be honest, if he did it was after Walt and Jesse started cooking for him.

Last edited:
How many black dudes do you know called "Ernesto"? That's enough to make me wonder if he's connected to Gustavo in anyway. Doesn't have to be a son or something. Considering this character could've been left unnamed, it could mean something.

Although the explanation that Jimmy used to be a lackey like Ernesto is now is plausible too.

^^I just rewatched that scene (season 3, ep 11)

He did mention he has kids and I did peep a small childrens table when Walt walked in. From the looks of it, Gus' kids are like 4-5 years old.

how is that a tin hat prediction though?

And the fact that its s spinoff from BB should definitely leave it open for interpretation...

How many people thought TUCO of all people would've opened the door when he tracked down those skateboarders?

Why do you keep saying Ernie could be Ernesto? His name IS Ernesto, but that doesn't mean he's related to Gus.

On a different topic, seems like nobody in here noticed that Marco forshadowed the car Saul has in BB.

When they were in the house after the girls left, Jimmy tells Marco that hes a lawyer, Marco says somthing like "You must me killin it out there, driving around in a white Caddy"

On a different topic, seems like nobody in here noticed that Marco forshadowed the car Saul has in BB.

When they were in the house after the girls left, Jimmy tells Marco that hes a lawyer, Marco says somthing like "You must me killin it out there, driving around in a white Caddy"

yes i did.... :wink:

Saul later buying the white Cadillac could be a way to pay respect to Marco, like he chooses to buy it in his honor.

But the whole Ernesto having his name mentioned when his character could have gone without it, might be something.

The black guy named Ernesto argument is comical. You guys have never met black people with Hispanic names? You guys also realize there are black people in Latin/South America right? On top of that, the show takes place in the southwest, specifically New Mexico, where there is a huge Hispanic population.

Maybe Ernesto is related to Gus, but the clue being a black dude with a Hispanic name, IN NEW MEXICO, isn't a clue at all.

Last edited:
Why do you keep saying Ernie could be Ernesto? His name IS Ernesto, but that doesn't mean he's related to Gus.
oh, I didn't know his new was actually Ernesto...

I thought it was just Ernie and people were saying it was a nickname...

But that even furthers it... :lol:

I don't know many black dudes named Ernesto...

And I don't know many black dudes with Latin names.

I know a Flavio... A Giancarlo....

That's about it...

oh, I didn't know his new was actually Ernesto...

I thought it was just Ernie and people were saying it was a nickname...

But that even furthers it...
laugh.gif

That's about it...
cut it out man.

were not allowed to have opinions on a characters possible background.

were gonna ruin the integrity of the show.

and its going to get cancelled because of us.

I think Marco could be Walt's fat cousin that was never mentioned in Breaking Bad.

I mean they're both kinda bald.

Or maybe Huell. They're kinda shaped the same.

Last edited:
[quote name="Fontaine" url="/t/619284/better-call-saul-season-thread-season-finale-marco/1980#post_2307]

That's about it...[/quote]

You may not know many, but there are plenty of "black dudes" with "Latin names" in central/south America and the carribean islands. It's really not uncommon.

Last edited:
Seems I can't be down with any of these off season theories. Dudes really running with this Ernesto nonsense.
See I don't even know if yall dudes are joking anymore :lol: :smh:

This whole every detail of the show counts gone too far :lol:

Ernesto don't look a damn thing like Gus. Both black and having glasses aint enough.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I don't see it either...Dudes keep saying he's Chilean like what?? How do you know that? ***** look like a young Guy Torry to me.
They're just going off what Gus' fake documents say (cuz he created the identity of being Chilean in a country going through some war or something, he may not even really be Chilean) and this character's name being Ernesto and being black.

We're ignoring that Gus might not even be Gus real name. All we know is dude knows Spanish.
How is it a reach that Ernie is somehow tied to Gus?
Cuz it's completely baseless.

Ernesto just showed up and yall are running wild with connections to Gus :lol:

Some of yall are going off I don't know many black guys named Ernesto. I mean the **** is that? Really?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom