Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

At least conspiring to do it. Give me a cliffhanger, something to think about.
I just see now that he's regretting being straight and returning the money. It didn't leave me with a huge feeling of suspense that has me dying to find out what happens.
I loved the episode, don't get me wrong, I just wish they gave us something else to bite on.

I thought they did

Gus son maybe?

the look is there

I apologize if I'm way wrong here but I thought Gus was gay? Mexican cartels killed his lover no? this guy?

View media item 1482662

part of the excitement when watching a prequal series is the looking out for and seeing things from the original show. at least i think so.
I completely agree, but when there are as many reaches as this thread has had, it becomes annoying af. I think you're completely wrong with your Ernie prediction as well. It's like some of you want things to be a certain way so bad and will go hard in the paint with some of these reaches.

I just see now that he's regretting being straight and returning the money. It didn't leave me with a huge feeling of suspense that has me dying to find out what happens.
I loved the episode, don't get me wrong, I just wish they gave us something else to bite on.

I thought they did

Gus son maybe?

the look is there

I apologize if I'm way wrong here but I thought Gus was gay? Mexican cartels killed his lover no? this guy?

View media item 1482662

yup, Gus is ghey and they killed his lover in that flashback.

Gus could be his uncle 
alien.gif

part of the excitement when watching a prequal series is the looking out for and seeing things from the original show. at least i think so.

They still have to do it right otherwise it's not exciting.

I don't think some random background character barely any connection to Gus fits that bill.

I thought they did

Gus son maybe?

the look is there

View media item 1482662

Ernesto is actually the son he concieved with this guy.

Tf? Gus was never confirmed gay.

Pure conjecture.

They didn't come out and say it but to me, I thought they strongly hinted at it. When Hector was pissing in the pool, he said something like, "He likes what he sees". Also the whole revenge on the cartel seemed fueled by the death of his secret lover. Def pure speculation, but I thought that's how we were supposed to take it/ that's how people I watched the show with took it as and never thought twice about it. Plus dude was mad sus when he had walt in his house for dinner.

This is probably a basic TV question but does anyone know why a 10 episode season would have different directors and writers for each episode? I always assumed the gawd Gilligan would handle a lot of it - but I guess he just manages it all and creates the overall vision?

So the producer keeps creative control. If you have one of anything in business you become dependent. if he or she decides to leave or have creative differences you have no real leverage to replace him

This is probably a basic TV question but does anyone know why a 10 episode season would have different directors and writers for each episode? I always assumed the gawd Gilligan would handle a lot of it - but I guess he just manages it all and creates the overall vision?
It's common place for every television show to have a different vibe, so to speak, for each episode within a season. My guess anyway...
It's just the way it is for tv. Maybe it's cheaper, maybe it allows for more creative approaches. It's the same reason unlike movies tv shows that have the potential to go on for a long time have a writing team doing the season working with the creator and showrunner instead of the creator or one other guy writing the entire season.

The amount of eps don't really matter. What dude said above me too.

What gets me about this the most though is when the creator steps in to write and direct they're usually doing some of the best eps of that season.
so then ernesto cannot be gus' son correct?
:lol: Gus has no children.

Tf? Gus was never confirmed gay.

Pure conjecture.
I'm pretty sure Vince confirmed this not that he needed to. It was pretty clear.

I'm pretty sure Gus smashed Gale too.

Last edited:
Ernesto damn sure kinda resembles a young Gus though.......

There's a background reason for everything in this show, and he will be playing a very important part.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I don't think the Ernesto thing is a big reach. Wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of connection. Not son - but some sort of family ties. They went out of their way to give him screen time and tell us his name. The scene with Saul wasn't really necessary - they could've just shown how big of a douche Chuck was.

Also, thanks for the explanations on the showrunner stuff. Definitely makes sense. I understood it with a 24 episode season where time is of the essence. Surprised it would still be the case with a 10 episode season. Well, not surprised. Just curious.

The scene outside helped establish Jimmy being out there, and also that he knew Chuck's new errand boy from the mail room - a reminder of where he started from

I don't think it was a "reminder of where he started from" at all. They never even said he was the new mail room guy.

Ernie is of some relation to Gus. No doubt in my mind. And sadly, that was the only thing from the finale that pumped me up for next season.

I'm pretty sure Vince confirmed this not that he needed to. It was pretty clear.

I'm pretty sure Gus smashed Gale too.

He never confirmed it, ever.

On the BB podcast he said it was open to interpretation and that Gus was whatever the audience wanted him to be.

I don't think it was a "reminder of where he started from" at all. They never even said he was the new mail room guy.

Ernie is of some relation to Gus. No doubt in my mind. And sadly, that was the only thing from the finale that pumped me up for next season.

Word, how many black dudes rocking the name Ernesto?

Never heard of nor met one.

Furthermore, how many Afro-Chileans are there in New Mexico?

If there are any, they're likely family or know of one another.

Son is related to Gus, bank on it.

They put emphasis on that solo shot of him smiling at Jimmy. That smile, those glasses, that look.....that name.

Last edited:
One major thing that bugs me about this spin off is that the budget is absolute garbage. Now that the season has concluded, the entire thing feels like a huge money grab. Cutting corners and being cheap while trying to ride the success of BB.

One major thing that bugs me about this spin off is that the budget is absolute garbage. Now that the season has concluded, the entire thing feels like a huge money grab. Cutting corners and being cheap while trying to ride the success of BB.
Very cynical viewpoint.

I don't see the cutting corners at all.

The character development is brilliant as is the acting and dialogue.

I think this show is too slow paced for you. Not enough action, not the same kind of drama that BB had.

Different strokes for different folks but to call it a cash grab I think is to ignore the quality of the show.

Very cynical viewpoint.
I don't see the cutting corners at all.
The character development is brilliant as is the acting and dialogue.

I think this show is too slow paced for you. Not enough action, not the same kind of drama that BB had.

Different strokes for different folks but to call it a cash grab I think is to ignore the quality of the show.

I don't think the quality of the 1st season was on par with other shows AMC has been famous for putting out. Simply put, you can tell when a lot of money has been put into a show and you can tell when not a lot of money has been put into a show. Better Call Saul definitely skimped on their budget.

I don't think the quality of the 1st season was on par with other shows AMC has been famous for putting out. Simply put, you can tell when a lot of money has been put into a show and you can tell when not a lot of money has been put into a show. Better Call Saul definitely skimped on their budget.

How did they cut corners? Or skimp on the budget?

Back
Top Bottom