Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

I don't think the quality of the 1st season was on par with other shows AMC has been famous for putting out. Simply put, you can tell when a lot of money has been put into a show and you can tell when not a lot of money has been put into a show. Better Call Saul definitely skimped on their budget.

Ha what you want action packed scenes and explosions? Show is about an upcoming lawyer, idk where would they be skimping on the budget on. People got way too high expectations only cause of the affiliation with breaking bad. Did season 1 of BB really went big with their budget? Honest question

I don't know what's worse, the extreme reaching or Superb's interpretation of this show. :lol:

I really don't understand how that's even reaching.

Black/Chilean dude named Ernesto looking exactly like a young Gus getting introduced as a character at the end.

C'mon son.

Seems I can't be down with any of these off season theories. Dudes really running with this Ernesto nonsense.

Ernesto damn sure kinda resembles a young Gus though.......

There's a background reason for everything in this show, and he will be playing a very important part.
See I don't even know if yall dudes are joking anymore :lol: :smh:

This whole every detail of the show counts gone too far :lol:

Ernesto don't look a damn thing like Gus. Both black and having glasses aint enough.

I don't think it was a "reminder of where he started from" at all. They never even said he was the new mail room guy.

They establish that he is some sort of lackey at the firm (mail room guy or some equivalent) cause he's out doing Chuck's ***** work for a few extra bucks.

They establish that he and Jimmy were buddies at one point, probably from when Jimmy was working at the firm as a lackey himself (in the mail room in his case).

Ernie's putting boxes in his trunk when sees Jimmy sitting in his car. He flashes a warm smile.

JIMMY: Hey, Ernie!

ERNIE: Hey. how you doing man?

JIMMY: Good, good. So, Howard's got you looking after Chuck, huh?

ERNIE: Yeah. It's a few extra bucks, you know.

JIMMY: How's he doing?

ERNIE: Seems Ok. Like usual. I'd say we could grab a beer, but they're waiting on all that paperwork back at the office. You know how it is...

JIMMY: Don't I though. Yeah.

ERNIE: See ya Jimmy!

The point of this exchange is to show Jimmy catching up with some low-level drone, one he used to grab beers with when he was a low-level drone himself.

It's a reminder of what he's grown from - he used to be like this Ernie guy, doing ***** work in the mail room... at his brother's (who's house they're currently outside of) own firm. He wasn't ****.

The next scene shows him blowing off his meeting, realizing he should've taken the Kettleman money, and taking control of his own destiny. No more being stuck doing ***** work under his own brother and not getting anywhere in life.

Takes a little reading between the lines but it's there. Unlike any "hints" that this dude is related to Gus.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of people really want this to be breaking bad - it's not. Enjoy it for what it is.

Seems I can't be down with any of these off season theories. Dudes really running with this Ernesto nonsense.
See I don't even know if yall dudes are joking anymore :lol: :smh:

This whole every detail of the show counts gone too far :lol:

Ernesto don't look a damn thing like Gus. Both black and having glasses aint enough.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I don't see it either...Dudes keep saying he's Chilean like what?? How do you know that? ***** look like a young Guy Torry to me.

Ernesto is actually the son he concieved with this guy.

alkm4Qo.gif

How is it a reach that Ernie is somehow tied to Gus?

And how is it a reach that Gus was gay?

You see how well Omar did...

Gus wasn't gay. If he was, the writers would have made it known to the viewers. Imo anyway.

Last edited:
Ernesto is actually the son he concieved with this guy.

alkm4Qo.gif

:rofl:

and yeah, the reaches in here are hilarious. does make you wonder why a brotha rocking the name Ernesto, though. :nerd: :lol:

wouldn't be surprised if they somehow managed to tie it in, but I really doubt it. I really don't believe Gus, being in the position that he is/was, would have family so close to him and his business.

but if he does, i'll be waiting for the ":wow: :pimp: omg I told y'all. GOAT show, bruh!" replies when the time comes. :lol:

did anyone catch Mike's convo on the phone at the end, though?! it seemed like he was putting some work together with someone yet to be determined but surely will play an important part next season. :nerd: :smokin

Last edited:
The writers would be smart not to introduce Gus until season 3 at the earliest if they honestly wwanted to go down that route. I don't think it is necessary unless the ratings completely go down the drain. Because then the general public would want to turn this into a series about Gus rather than one about Slippin' Jimmy.

I'm personally more interested in finding out where Huell is if anything.

and some of y'all need to chill and rewatch cause there wasn't even a slight implication or hint that bruh is Chilean. so y'all are definitely grasping at straws. :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think Ernie worked in the mail room at the same time jimmy was working there as well (may have been shown during the cake/celebration scene). so that's about as significant as he is at this point, in regards to the discussion about the car scene.

some of y'all want this to be breaking bad so bad, man. :lol:

Last edited:
I agree that too any people want this to just be Breaking Bad season 6.

Let Better Call Saul be it's own show and grow organically on it's own. If characters show up from Breaking Bad, great...but I'm sure that these guys came come up with new characters who are just as interesting and intriguing as guys like Gus.

The writers would be smart not to introduce Gus until season 3 at the earliest if they honestly wwanted to go down that route. I don't think it is necessary unless the ratings completely go down the drain. Because then the general public would want to turn this into a series about Gus rather than one about Slippin' Jimmy.

I'm personally more interested in finding out where Huell is if anything.

agreed. if they even decide to introduce Gus, it definitely wouldn't and shouldn't be any time soon. the timeline's almost a decade before the events of breaking bad. dudes needa pump the breaks. :lol:

i'm cool with the content focusing on Saul/jimmy. gives more room for the show to grow. no need to rush right into breaking bad stories.

Last edited:
lol this thread is funny. next season we gonna see a nerdy white kid and Yall gon say its walts 5th cousin twice removed and ****

A nerdy white dude doesn't = a black dude named Ernesto that looks damn near identical to what you'd think a young Gustavo would look like, along with him somehow affording that Evo on a mailroom clerk paycheck.

In Breaking Bad when Gus was originally introduced, Saul refered to Gus as a guy he knows through another guy(I know a guy who knows a guy). Which that other guy was Mike. Which to me says he doesn't know Gus or he only knows Gus through Mike. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

A nerdy white dude doesn't = a black dude named Ernesto that looks damn near identical to what you'd think a young Gustavo would look like, along with him somehow affording that Evo on a mailroom clerk paycheck.
Your reaches are great entertainment my man. :lol:

Still dying when dudes in here were predicting that Kim would get killed :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So weak that she didn't get offed, Jimmy didn't get the buns, chuck is still alive, and freaking Jimmy is stil Jimmy. They had me through the 1st 5 episodes, then they slowly lost me hahahaha

and some of y'all need to chill and rewatch cause there wasn't even a slight implication or hint that bruh is Chilean. so y'all are definitely grasping at straws. :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think Ernie worked in the mail room at the same time jimmy was working there as well (may have been shown during the cake/celebration scene). so that's about as significant as he is at this point, in regards to the discussion about the car scene.

some of y'all want this to be breaking bad so bad, man. :lol:

I thought I saw him in the mail room, too....

I agree that too any people want this to just be Breaking Bad season 6.

Let Better Call Saul be it's own show and grow organically on it's own. If characters show up from Breaking Bad, great...but I'm sure that these guys came come up with new characters who are just as interesting and intriguing as guys like Gus.

Its not wanting it to be bb6... You act like it isn't a freaking spin off... :lol:

There will be some alignment with breaking Bad...

Tuco showed up in the 3rd episode, yo. Haha...

BB had a knack for taking the smallest detail and having it bean intricate part of the story...

Is it that much of a reach that the better call Saul will do the same thing?

Also... Speculation is key. We're talking about it, which is always good

In Breaking Bad when Gus was originally introduced, Saul refered to Gus as a guy he knows through another guy(I know a guy who knows a guy). Which that other guy was Mike. Which to me says he doesn't know Gus or he only knows Gus through Mike. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

You're right...

I still don't think its that much of a reach for Ernie to be Ernesto, or for Gus to be gay...

Like... Drawing that parallel isn't hard.

I thought I saw him in the mail room, too....
Its not wanting it to be bb6... You act like it isn't a freaking spin off... :lol:

There will be some alignment with breaking Bad...

Tuco showed up in the 3rd episode, yo. Haha...

BB had a knack for taking the smallest detail and having it bean intricate part of the story...

Is it that much of a reach that the better call Saul will do the same thing?

Also... Speculation is key. We're talking about it, which is always good
You're right...

I still don't think its that much of a reach for Ernie to be Ernesto, or for Gus to be gay...

Like... Drawing that parallel isn't hard.
I can def the parallel. There is his reaction to Max's death in the flashback. But u could feel the same way about any dear friend being blasted right in front of you. And then there was Gale. Never says anything about him either. I don't think Vince wanted it to matter what their sexuality was. Just think he was going for the non drug dealer lookin type of people. The guy next door so to speak. I can def see it both ways tho. I still haven't fully watched the last episode with Ernesto. I saw the scene with him sellin that stuff to Jimmys bro. Don't see how Saul could have randomly known a relative of Gus in 2001 and not know Gus at all in 2010. If that makes any sense. U know Jimmy don't wanna even know anything that might even get him caught up. The less the better with him unless it's getting paid. He don't wanna know nothing.

Back
Top Bottom