Between Microsoft and Sony, who won the console war this generation?

I gotta go with Xbox for this gen. I rarely ever even use my ps3. It feels like a chore updating that thing. I never understood why that thing takes so long to update. I also had to buy 3 ps3's because 2 of them stopped working. My first xbox got the red rings but MS sent me another one. Sony not bout that good customer service life.

I agree. I hate updating it. Only thing I use it for now is Uncharted, God of War, and to play blu-rays.

I am on my original PS3 but am on my 6th 360.

This upcoming generation is going to be interesting. I know I'll be just sticking to 1 console for this go around. Maybe 2, if I decide to get the kids a wii u.

XBox Live...
pimp.gif

Sony lost, and I still don't think the PS3 ever reached it's full potential.

NT is going to say Microsoft won because of XBox Live, so I don't know why this question was asked. Most people on this forum are casual gamers at best.

I play fighting games at a pro level and in the fighting game community the preffered console is xbox by a landslide. The ps3 versions of most fighting games are inferior to the xbox versions because of slower frame issues. The only way ps3 managed to keep itself relevent in the fgc was by dangling a boatload of money in the faces of the people who run evo............but yea anyway xbox won easily

I don't play video games but I prefer Playstation over Xbox for two reasons...

Blu-ray player & Web browser.

360 has an internet browser not to mention a youtube app as well which the ps3 doesn't have. Any of y'all try to watch HD videos on youtube on the ps3? it's a joke.

I own both and 360 definitely gets my vote. The online community alone of the 360 is what makes it the superior console in my eyes. I don't know how people complain about the cost of xbox live, for one, $60 is retail pricing, look around online and you can cop a year of live for $40. Y'all spend double that amount a month for your cell phone bill yet you pay it and don't complain. $35-60 is for a year of service. I put my ps3 in the living room and all my family uses it now for streaming netflix, i haven't bought a game for that thing since Gran Turismo 4, which sucked btw, and i've been a huge GT fan since day one on the OG PS.

I truly think you're kidding yourself if you think the PS3 was the better console.
I disagree, would say the same about 360. Anything that can be played on Xbox can be played on PS3. God of War-Uncharted - Gran Turismo- Killzone-Resistance - Infamous - Metal Gear Solid etc >>>>>>Gears, Halo, Gears Halo, Gears, Halo Xbox live.

360 has an internet browser not to mention a youtube app as well which the ps3 doesn't have. Any of y'all try to watch HD videos on youtube on the ps3? it's a joke.

I own both and 360 definitely gets my vote. The online community alone of the 360 is what makes it the superior console in my eyes. I don't know how people complain about the cost of xbox live, for one, $60 is retail pricing, look around online and you can cop a year of live for $40. Y'all spend double that amount a month for your cell phone bill yet you pay it and don't complain. $35-60 is for a year of service. I put my ps3 in the living room and all my family uses it now for streaming netflix, i haven't bought a game for that thing since Gran Turismo 4, which sucked btw, and i've been a huge GT fan since day one on the OG PS.
PS3 DOES HAVE YOUTUBE APP ....AND IF U WILLING TO PAY FOR STUFF THAT FREE, MORE POWER TO YOU...I LIKE TO KEEP MY MONEY THO

My boy has a PS3 and trying this makes his console freeze 8 times out of 10.

Can you send voice messages on PS3 yet? Or chat with someone who is playing a different game?

Wouldn't won or lost just be profit margins on the systems? can some one pull that up? Are we going to count inhouse game sales too? or just console profit? I don't think there is any other way to say who won.

I bought a ps3 because i don't play online often so i wasn't going to pay. I have a lot of blu-rays now so my ps3 can play them. Those are all that matters to me. I surf the web on my computer not my console. I watch netflix...but both systems have that....Basically Free online play keeps me on playstation and blu-ray helped

emotions a brewin' in here. I'm just glad sony isnt making the same mistake by coming out a year after the only competition.  Game devs will start developing games for sony ps4 instead of porting them from the microsoft counterpart

Wouldn't won or lost just be profit margins on the systems? can some one pull that up? Are we going to count inhouse game sales too? or just console profit? I don't think there is any other way to say who won.

I bought a ps3 because i don't play online often so i wasn't going to pay. I have a lot of blu-rays now so my ps3 can play them. Those are all that matters to me. I surf the web on my computer not my console. I watch netflix...but both systems have that....Basically Free online play keeps me on playstation and blu-ray helped

In terms of units I think the PS3 is just a lick over 70 million and the 360 at over 75 million.

PS3 DOES HAVE YOUTUBE APP ....AND IF U WILLING TO PAY FOR STUFF THAT FREE, MORE POWER TO YOU...I LIKE TO KEEP MY MONEY THO

Oh ok, just shows how long it's been since i've used my ps3 :lol:

Thing is you can clearly see the difference in online services, you can tell psn is free cause it's complete trash. Not to mention that hack that locked PSN users out for what, over a month? Trust me i save money whenever i can but i'll gladly shell out $35 a year for xbox live and get the service it provides.

Last edited:
I truly think you're kidding yourself if you think the PS3 was the better console.
I disagree, would say the same about 360. Anything that can be played on Xbox can be played on PS3. God of War-Uncharted - Gran Turismo- Killzone-Resistance - Infamous - Metal Gear Solid etc >>>>>>Gears, Halo, Gears Halo, Gears, Halo Xbox live.
PS3 definitely has a better Single player experience but multiplayer definitely goes to Xbox. This is why I own both.

People keep bringing all these extra things into the conversation like apps browsers, blu rays, media compatibility. All of that takes a huge backseat to the games IMO which should what the bulk of this conversation is directed towards.

The Games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else.

Last edited:
right now i have 2 xboxes and 1 ps3

one xbox doesnt ever get used. my sister uses the other for netflix and i sometimes play forza but the ps3 gets all the play from me.

my main gripes with the xbox are the controllers arent rechargeable and i have to pay for online which is outrageous. also xbox cannot have a normal pc drive in it which is not the case for the ps3 which i swapped to a 500 gig hard drive.

^what would make the single player experience better on the ps3, how would it be different than the 360?

I own both but, I only play a hand full of games, so I don't really notice the difference

I just know I prefer the 360

Last edited:
XBOX LIVE ALL DAY !!! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Even though i gave up on360 after buying 2k13 and blk opz for my ps3 since all my close friends used ps3 instead.

Xbox live is still better, and i will make a comeback next month when the new gears of war drops :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Best game ever !!!!!!!!

^what would make the single player experience better on the ps3, how would it be different than the 360?
PS3 has way better single player games. The majority of their Exclusives are Single player and are just better than what the Xbox is putting out. They had Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Fallout, but then those made it to PS3 eventually and washed them out of that competition. Nothing MS is putting out will touch Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, or MGS(even though its going to be for both) in the single player department.

When it comes to Multiplayer though, Xbox is where its at. For one thing XBL is way more stable than PS3, it forces player investment so people arent just restarting at random when their stats get bad (happens all too often on PS3) ,from my experience I play better people, and since alot of games that are shared on both consoles are made on Xbox then ported to PS3 you run into issues like frame rate lag.

People need to stop carrying on like XBL is expensive its $35 a year now, PSN is free, but its terrible in comparison.

I like both consoles though.

Last edited:
Ok I'm not a hardcore gamer so I'm gonna speak on how I see things.

1. The developers were backing 360 way harder because M$ was paying them more.

2. Sony's exclusives blow 360's out the water as mentioned before.

3. The game I play online the most is COD. My friends convinced me to buy it on 360 and now we get kicked out the lobby every 5 games because the servers ******g suck.

4. Why do I need to talk to someone that's playing another game? Shouldn't I be focusing on the game I'm playing?

5. Every Xbox comes with a headset yet nobody uses them unless your on their friends list.

6. The browser on PS3 is way better.

7. Xbox live is just overrated. Its cool at first but honestly I don't use any of that stuff.

8. Neither controller is better one is just bigger than the other.

Ps3> 360 yes I own both.

IMHO as a person that owned every song system as had two ps3's (a Jailbroken one and a "stock" one), Microsoft won.

The whole reason for me and others buying a ps3 was pointless as soon as sony's exclusives went to both systems and as soon as our games got diluted so that the Xbox could have them.

What was the point in purchasing a more expensive system specifically for the expected games when the less expensive system got almost all said games..?

next go around I won't blindly cop the next ps out of brand loyalty and will take any exclusive talk with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom