Between Microsoft and Sony, who won the console war this generation?

He didnt list exclusives, he listed first party studios and what games made them popular... unless we are looking at two different posts.

I disagree, there are several great first party games and upcoming titles. If you can define for me what a "AAA" game is, I'd be happy to post some. People use AAA as a descriptor when there are a dozen different definitions for it so I dont quite understand what you're saying.

MGS4 is incredible.
Ratchet and clank
Uncharted. Especially uncharted two. Is amazing.

Reaching so hard to discredit ps3 exclusives

I don't like MGS4, but I can't dog it, production values are through the roof.

I can't dog Uncharted either, I just couldn't get into it, same for Mass Effect.

I played the first Ratchet and Clank, it was good, just something I didn't personally need more of, let alone 5 sequels or however many there have been. (Sales numbers back me up on this, every game has sold less than the previous.)

He didnt list exclusives, he listed first party studios and what games made them popular... unless we are looking at two different posts.

I disagree, there are several great first party games and upcoming titles. If you can define for me what a "AAA" game is, I'd be happy to post some. People use AAA as a descriptor when there are a dozen different definitions for it so I dont quite understand what you're saying.

Yeah, probably not the greatest descriptor. At this point I'm just not easily amazed. There haven't been 12 games of any kind in the last year that have wowed me, let alone first party titles from Sony or Microsoft. The only upcoming games I'm really looking forward to are Bioshock Infinite and GTAV.

The one thing that Sony did really well, but it didn't turn out well was Move. Move has so much more potential than Kinect or Wii motion controls imo and it looks like it will go untapped.

...but aren't you playing you're console on a TV, doe?

Same can be said about using the YouTube app, web browser, blu ray, etc. I only play multiplayer and xbl community is a lot better than psn. I played on psn and nobody talks, to the point everyone is doing their own dam thing and your team gets run on. At least on xbl you can chatter to some victories here and there. I don't even bother with zombies if you don't have a mic. Btw, for saying playstation is better than Xbox because of the blu ray, how often do you even use it? Everything can be streamed and downloaded in hd, for free. And don't start with the controllers, playstation controllers are made for ant hands.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't have a PS3 but there are some exclusives that I would love to play.

Journey
The Show
Last of Us
LBP
Heavy Rain

You going oh so hard to deny the facts fam lol. Microsoft has not backed studios like they should've and they may end up regretting that next gen.

Honestly, I stopped reading when he called Sony and Nintendo "stumbling failures".

The guy is a developer for iOS...you don't see that as a conflict of interest?

i'd say the xbox is more popular. i wont cop one ever though. they just seem like pieces of junk. sound like a damn jet is taking off with their loud *** fans. i still got my og big ps3 and it's running strong. i don't have time to play games like i used to though. and honestly nothing has really interested me. sick of cod. i just play fifa with my boys and i probably won't pick up a new game until the next gta. i'll be grabbing a ps4 for sure though.

i'd say the xbox is more popular. i wont cop one ever though. they just seem like pieces of junk. sound like a damn jet is taking off with their loud *** fans. i still got my og big ps3 and it's running strong. i don't have time to play games like i used to though. and honestly nothing has really interested me. sick of cod. i just play fifa with my boys and i probably won't pick up a new game until the next gta. i'll be grabbing a ps4 for sure though.

The OG Xbox 360 sounds like a train.

The newer ones are pretty quiet though.

It's not so much the fans you hear that's loud, it's the disc drive. Nowadays though if you have a big enough hard drive you can install the game and won't hear the disc spin at all. I can barely hear my old style 360 once i install a game. I'm sure the new, slimmer model is even quieter.

It's not so much the fans you hear that's loud, it's the disc drive. Nowadays though if you have a big enough hard drive you can install the game and won't hear the disc spin at all. I can barely hear my old style 360 once i install a game. I'm sure the new, slimmer model is even quieter.

Nah, it is the fan I think.

Even with the game installed on the HD, it's still super loud.

I can't even run Netflix on it cause it's so annoying.

I don't know why people say the race is over. The PS2 just stopped being produced, 12 years after it came out. PS3 has caught up to the 360 and could pass it this year and once they drop the price the developing countries will eat it up like they did the PS2 which sold over 50 Million after the PS3 released. Someone also said they're losing money on each PS3 sold, this isn't 2007 anymore. They are making a profit on each one now and they're more improvements coming that will allow production to be cheaper. I won't be surprised if PS3 ends up selling more than the wii when it's all said and done.

It definitely was a slow start but they came back hard once the slim came out,buying studios to strengthen their first party and giving us PS+ which just keeps giving.
With the PS4 they don't want to be caught with their trousers down like the PS3 and they're already showing this by announcing first. Bring on the 20th

I work at one of these companies and own the other company's console (look at my location and you can figure it out)

Only my opinion, but at the time I made my decision on the hardware first and foremost. I felt that spec for spec one had the advantage for the actual machine. Over time, I think one proved to be more popular with the general consumer (hardcore + casual gamers combined) and seemed to be the favored platform for game developers (sighs longingly at Valve Corporation). I liken it to the iPhone vs. Android debate. In my opinion, Samsung's S3 is in many ways a superior machine and the Android OS is very powerful to the point where it's under utilized. However, you can't argue that most friends and family are using an iPhone, so it's easiest to connect with them staying in the Apple Eco System.

All in all, I'm still on the fence for the next console, which, again, may be free and one may be $400+

I also heard Valve or Steam is coming out with a console.

I think they will be the wildcard because they're saying that they price their games considerably lower than what everyone else is pricing them at.

I give it to XBOX for its online service. Said it once and il say it again, it just completely shats on the PS3/PSN

I also heard Valve or Steam is coming out with a console.

I think they will be the wildcard because they're saying that they price their games considerably lower than what everyone else is pricing them at.

Im not sure if its a actual system, or a set of specs( from Valve) that a third party can use to create a machine to run Steam.

Besides PSN being a free online service. It just doesnt compare.

Nowadays everyone wants to play with friends if possible or party up and just chat to have a good time. Anyone who says it doesnt matter that PSN doesnt have it, is a damn lie imo.

You simply cannot do that on PSN. Party chat, the UI, and the fluidity is ahead of PSN. Xbox has matched and surpassed PSN in terms of apps and what not, even if it did take them a while (ie: browser)

If you dont use that option [like party chat] as much then i guess its a wash but still, PSN is a lag fest. MS continues to update and refine XBL, meanwhile Sony hasnt done a damn thing to its UI/PSN since its release. Except what? Firmware updates? Sony got its *** handed to them. At least imo. Otherwise.. it truly doesnt matter what console you buy.. I guess the BluRay player is nice.

Quality of play wise, well it sure as hell makes inviting a party into a game a lot easier. Instead of having to scroll through your friends list and invite people one by one like on PSN.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom