Big Ben overrated?

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

here we go...

smh.gif
... dude is an avg qb in the pocket ... he waits for the play to break down and makes big plays when the corners can't chase his guys around for 8 seconds ...
w/ that being said he uses his size effectively and can avoid those sacks .... conversely he holds the ball too long ... he had a great game today ... i don't consider him in my top qb discussion though

Arent good QBs patient and make something out of nothing? What is the requisite for being a great QB? He has rings, the leader of his team, and makes plays when they count. What else does he have to do?

These dudes would rather have a QB who throws for 400 yards every week and loses than one who gets his team the W no matter what his stat line looks like. Ben's best statistical years come when the team is struggling, because most QB get to throw the ball a ton when your team is behind constantly whereas goodteams will generally run the ball and play is conservative when they're winning games.

So with the exception of Peyton and Brady (especially their undefeated season, and now Brees this year) - a lot of good QB's have their numbers diminishedsomewhat because they don't get to pass as often as QB's on losing teams.

As I said in the game thread - I hope Ben never has to throw for over 300 yards again in his career because it would mean we are running the ball and winninggames. All these stats mean nothing when you don't look at them in context - I'll take W's.

Big Ben would probably be in the discussion with Brady and Manning more than he is now if he liked wearing a helmet off the field.

here we go...

smh.gif
... dude is an avg qb in the pocket ... he waits for the play to break down and makes big plays when the corners can't chase his guys around for 8 seconds ...
w/ that being said he uses his size effectively and can avoid those sacks .... conversely he holds the ball too long ... he had a great game today ... i don't consider him in my top qb discussion though

Arent good QBs patient and make something out of nothing? What is the requisite for being a great QB? He has rings, the leader of his team, and makes plays when they count. What else does he have to do?
i dont think you understand he isnt being patient he is just waitin for the D to break down is he good? yes is he he in the top part of qbs? yesis he top 5? no

Originally Posted by CasperJr

here we go...

smh.gif

i dont think you understand he isnt being patient he is just waitin for the D to break down is he good? yes is he he in the top part of qbs? yes is he top 5? no

The game winning TD was thrown right into coverage, so was the SB winning throw. Tell me how many QBs can make that throw consistently like Ben has. Maybetalent wise he isnt top 5, but I would take him over anyone not named Brady or Manning any day of the week because I want the ball in his hands with the gameon the line. I don't care if he's impatient in the pocket, dude is a winner, period. No, I'm on Steelers fan by far.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

here we go...

smh.gif

i dont think you understand he isnt being patient he is just waitin for the D to break down is he good? yes is he he in the top part of qbs? yes is he top 5? no

roll.gif
if you really think that's all a QB in the NFL has to do, youshould just probably stop watching football. If that were the case, how come all these great running QB's from college never amount to !@+# in the NFL?

Does Ben make a lot of plays by keeping them alive? Yeah, but for every 1 of those plays he makes 10 normal pocket passes. He's as accurate as anybody inthe league for the most part, just check his completion percentages. He doesn't even attempt most deep passes because he doesn't have the arm strengthof some of these other guys, but from 0 to 20 yards he's precise and efficient as anybody.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Big Ben would probably be in the discussion with Brady and Manning more than he is now if he liked wearing a helmet off the field.

No he wouldnt. Get out of here.

Back
Top Bottom