Birds of a Feather enter the Injury Tent Together and Sail'n with Vikings finna be a Brees | NFL WILDCARD SUNDAY 🏈 |

651's Pick Em'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1578276018212.png

I might be mixing him up with someone else. Thought he looked like Rayne Dakota and that GTA character

junglejim junglejim this is what I was talking about before in regard to QBs giving themselves up when diving

I know he was tackled.. but just saying there’s no justification even if he wasn’t tackled

junglejim junglejim this is what I was talking about before in regard to QBs giving themselves up when diving

I know he was tackled.. but just saying there’s no justification even if he wasn’t tackled

I dunno man, in real time it doesn’t look like it was a sure thing wentz was going to get tackled since dude only had him by the foot, but I get it. I just think wentz needs to do a better job of protecting himself. McCown was out there taking some dumb *** shots as well trying to extend plays for like a yard or two. Someone on that staff needs to stress that **** in the offseason

I dunno man, in real time it doesn’t look like it was a sure thing wentz was going to get tackled since dude only had him by the foot, but I get it. I just think wentz needs to do a better job of protecting himself. McCown was out there taking some dumb *** shots as well trying to extend plays for like a yard or two. Someone on that staff needs to stress that **** in the offseason

im not saying dumb things didn’t happen.. and coaches and mccown needed to be better

hell if this ain’t a sign to the front office that peters needs to hang em up, I don’t know what is

but just pointing out the BS of it all.. can’t claim It was bang bang when you see dude looking at him going down

It’s dumb to compare these plays. You’re talking about one which was clearly way late, and one which wasn’t. It’s not based on severity of the hit.

I get why it was called.. and I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been called.. however, dude got pushEd by the tackle and tries to hold up russ

we see clowney look directly at wentz before going full torpedo

McCown was moving the Eagles up and down the field pretty much all game.

Rodgers about to push this Seahawks defense **** all the way in.

DangerRuss and DK can only do so much.
I do not think that it is going to be that easy for the packers to move the ball. Rodgers isn’t going to be as dominate as you think against Seattle. Seattle matches up well against the packers

I get why it was called.. and I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been called.. however, dude got pushEd by the tackle and tries to hold up russ

we see clowney look directly at wentz before going full torpedo
Im not defending the Clowney hit, I’m just saying the comparison is dumb. Clowney should have been called but it wasn’t nearly as late as that one on Russell. Now it was much dirtier but that’s not the basis for the call.

Im not defending the Clowney hit, I’m just saying the comparison is dumb. Clowney should have been called but it wasn’t nearly as late as that one on Russell. Now it was much dirtier but that’s not the basis for the call.

im not saying the hit shouldn’t have been called, but if anything could be argued as incidental it’s the dude who gets pushed by someone else

30971FB0-4BA9-45C1-B65C-E5D4CC7702B2.jpeg

at this point in the play Wentz has 3 options.

1.) Throw the god damn ball away since he is out of the pocket
2.) slide for a loss
3.) scramble into a bunch of Seattle defenders trying to get back to the line of scrimmage/gain 1 yard turning yourself into a runner

instead of wisely choosing 1 or 2, he decided to make himself a runner instead of giving himself up. At that point he took the risks of being a runner, got hit, and got hurt.

It was a decision that very likely cost the Eagles the game. It’s a decision that Wentz makes frequently. It’s also a decision that has gotten him hurt twice and miss the playoffs due to it. It was a bad decision. End of story

coaching needs to correct that **** next year though because he is way too important to get hurt over a meaningless yard

2.) slide for a loss
3.) scramble into a bunch of Seattle defenders trying to get back to the line of scrimmage/gain 1 yard turning yourself into a runner

instead of wisely choosing 1 or 2, he decided to make himself a runner instead of giving himself up. At that point he took the risks of being a runner, got hit, and got hurt.

It was a decision that very likely cost the Eagles the game. It’s a decision that Wentz makes frequently. It’s also a decision that has gotten him hurt twice and miss the playoffs due to it. It was a bad decision. End of story

I mean it can be multiple things.. was it a poor choice, yes.. was it a dirty hit, yes

both things can be true

2.) slide for a loss

coaching needs to correct that **** next year though because he is way too important to get hurt over a meaningless yard
I agree. And that’s how he played in the beginning of the year. But with this practice squad, he was forced to be a little bit more aggressive. He needs to find the balance of when to run out of the pocket and when to just take the L. Russ has perfected that imo

I agree. And that’s how he played in the beginning of the year. But with this practice squad, he was forced to be a little bit more aggressive. He needs to find the balance of when to run out of the pocket and when to just take the L. Russ has perfected that imo

This^^^^^^^

Although I will say there are times where it seems like Russ tries to skirt the line between giving himself up and being a runner too much.

I mean it can be multiple things.. was it a poor choice, yes.. was it a dirty hit, yes

both things can be true

All I’m saying is why even put yourself in that position? Play was broken and nothing was there. You have to expect defensive players are licking their chops to get a hit in on the opposing teams QB so why give them additional opportunities to do so? That’s all

Back
Top Bottom