Birds of a Feather enter the Injury Tent Together and Sail'n with Vikings finna be a Brees | NFL WILDCARD SUNDAY šŸˆ |

651's Pick Em'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All Iā€™m saying is why even put yourself in that position? Play was broken and nothing was there. You have to expect defensive players are licking their chops to get a hit in on the opposing teams QB so why give them additional opportunities to do so? Thatā€™s all

thatā€™s why I said itā€™s a league/ref issue.. thatā€™s a dirty play vs anyone, not just a QB

if youā€™re legislating helmet shots out of the game you canā€™t have dude look at dude going down and go full torpedo

6140077D-1C11-4087-AD10-871160942F72.jpeg

:lol:

Jesus Christ. BA Eagles fans crying because some lame QB with 3 total yards got a little headache? Maybe next time he should slide like a QB instead of diving for the LOS

Doesnā€™t mean clowney can go full Ralph

1578408805015.gif

It does mean the rules protecting QBs while sliding donā€™t apply though. The helmet to helmet hit was likely illegal but once he became a runner none of those protections you posted apply

if he actually slides instead of trying to pick up the yardage he probably isnā€™t getting murder in the head and even if he does, they are at least getting a penalty for it

It does mean the rules protecting QBs while sliding donā€™t apply though. The helmet to helmet hit was likely illegal but once he became a runner none of those protections you posted apply

becoming a running doesnā€™t negate the protections.. but if he doesnā€™t give himself up and is tackled while running, then he opens himself up to hits

But that doesnā€™t negate (or enable) clowney using his helmet in the fashion he did

becoming a running doesnā€™t negate the protections.. but if he doesnā€™t give himself up and is tackled while running, then he opens himself up to hits

But that doesnā€™t negate (or enable) clowney using his helmet in the fashion he did

If he gives himself up he doesnt get hit in the head. Its pretty simple. But he didnt do that.

Clowney also probably gets ejected if Wentz slides and he gets hit in the head like that, but again he didn't do that. He tried to run for a single god damn yard and cost the eagles a playoff victory. People get hit in the head all the damn time as a runner trying to go for an extra year. It doesn't get called 100% of the time. Get over it and

LEARN

TO

****ING

SLIDE

If he gives himself up he doesnt get hit in the head. Its pretty simple. But he didnt do that.

Clowney also probably gets ejected if Wentz slides and he gets hit in the head like that, but again he didn't do that. He tried to run for a single god damn yard and cost the eagles a playoff victory.

LEARN

TO

SLIDE

yes, I agree he needs to be more cautious.. but sliding doesnā€™t guarantee he doesnā€™t take a head shot, just more likely a penalty gets called

but the NFL goes out of itā€™s way to introduce rules because of numerous law suits due to head trauma

his knees and elbow are on the ground when he gets hit in the back of the head.. meanwhile clowneyā€™s teammate #91 is able to make multiple moves while clowney did what he did

yes, I agree he needs to be more cautious.. but sliding doesnā€™t guarantee he doesnā€™t take a head shot, just more likely a penalty gets called

but the NFL goes out of itā€™s way to introduce rules because of numerous law suits due to head trauma

his knees and elbow are on the ground when he gets hit in the back of the head.. meanwhile clowneyā€™s teammate #91 is able to make multiple moves while clowney did what he did

The QB is literally the most protected position in the NFL. If they get hit too high or too low in the pocket its almost always a penalty. They get hit late in the pocket, its almost always a penalty. They get hit too hard in the pocket or landed on its almost always a penalty.

There is pretty much one situation when all of those things go out the window and that's when a QB becomes a runner and even then, they have special protections for QBs when the give themselves up.

You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy from people because a player at the most protected position in the NFL was too proud to take advantage of the numerous protections they are afforded.

Helmet to helmet contact happens in every single game. Its impossible to legislate out of the game. Was the hit dirty? Who the hell knows. I don't think he tried to hurt him. Was it helmet to helmet and should have been a 15 yard penalty? In slow motion it looked like it should have been, in real time it was just a hit on a runner. Could it have been avoided? Yes, but the onus on that is more on Wentz then a player trying to make a play

But if youā€™re sliding, thatā€™s outside of the pocket and when youā€™re a runner

but also doesnā€™t guarantee that you wonā€™t get hit.. itā€™s just very likely a penalty and ejection will happen

the helmet thing applies to all positions, not just QBs

But if youā€™re sliding, thatā€™s outside of the pocket and when youā€™re a runner

but also doesnā€™t guarantee that you wonā€™t get hit.. itā€™s just very likely a penalty and ejection will happen

the helmet thing applies to all positions, not just QBs

Agreed it doesnt guarantee anything, but 99% of defensive players are letting up knowing that its a guaranteed penalty versus maybe I can get a hit in on this guy. You don't see Russ getting concussed on stupid plays like that because he is smart enough to know how valuable he is and slides.

Ill wait for you to post the still frames of Russ getting a concussion sliding.

Agreed it doesnt guarantee anything, but 99% of defensive players are letting up knowing that its a guaranteed penalty versus maybe I can get a hit in on this guy. You don't see Russ getting concussed on stupid plays like that because he is smart enough to know how valuable he is and slides.

Ill wait for you to post the still frames of Russ getting a concussion sliding.

Russ a bad example because I donā€™t think anyone is as smart as russ is when it comes to running and being safe.. heā€™s also pretty slick with it and drawing penalties by sliding late and/or going out of bounds late and forcing defenders into bad situations

im not saying that clowney couldnā€™t get his free shot.. the issue is how he took the shot (using the crown of his head) and the area of wentzā€™ body he chose to target (his head and neck area)

Russ a bad example because I donā€™t think anyone is as smart as russ is when it comes to running and being safe.. heā€™s also pretty slick with it and drawing penalties by sliding late and/or going out of bounds late and forcing defenders into bad situations

im not saying that clowney couldnā€™t get his free shot.. the issue is how he took the shot (using the crown of his head) and the area of wentzā€™ body he chose to target (his head and neck area)

The issue is also Wentz not sliding. The onus isn't just on the defender. 99% chance that concussion doesn't happen if he slides.

The issue is also Wentz not sliding. The onus isn't just on the defender. 99% chance that concussion doesn't happen if he slides.

but there is an onus on the defender

and a concussion probably doesnā€™t happen if wentzā€™ head doesnā€™t get driven into the ground as a result of clowney using the top of his helmet to hit the back of his head

but there is an onus on the defender

and a concussion probably doesnā€™t happen if wentzā€™ head doesnā€™t get driven into the ground as a result of clowney using the top of his helmet to hit the back of his head

I'm just going to add this to the perpetual list of things eagles will cry about every year until the end of time. MY QUARTERBACK GOT HIT TOO HARD TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY FOR A YARD!!!!!!!

Y'all will make an excuse out of anything imaginable.

Does IATT IATT think Barnettā€™s roughing the passer was dirty as well?

I mainly think it was dumb, on Barnettā€™s part

Barnett tried to be slick and use the slight push from the LT as an excuse.. russ was smart to drop and play it up

but generally I think those ā€˜free shotsā€™ 2 steps after the pass is thrown is one of those legal but dirty-ish plays

Back
Top Bottom