Black American Men in Brazil (DOCUMENTARY)

That's true. However, coming from someone that's working on a master's, I feel like my chick should be college educated as well. I can deal with a girl not having gone to college, but I think having that commonality is indicative of someone's ambition and values, which I hope are similar to mine. No one wants a deadbeat significant-other.
Tons of college educated deadbeats

Here's Exactly How Many College Graduates Live Back at Home

28 FEB 26 2013, 3:07 PM ET
The unemployed college graduate moving back in with his parents has been a stock figure of the past few years, helping to cement the Millennials' reputation as the "Boomerang Generation." But how many young grads are returning to live with their mom and dad (or their aunt or uncle)?

The number to remember is 45 percent. What share of recent college graduates were living with family in 2011? It's 45 percent. How much higher was that figure than in 2001? Also 45 percent. That's the conclusion from Census data crunched for The Atlantic by Pew economist Richard Fry, the author of a recent report on young adults and debt. It's bad -- about on par with the unfortunate results Pew found via a poll of young adults in 2012. But it's not as bad as the bogus 85 percent figure CNN, Time and The New York Post breathlessly reported last year.

View media item 294585

If you expand the age range a bit, the trend looks even more dramatic. A full 61 percent more college-educated 18-34-year-olds were living with their families in 2011 than in 2001. And as the chart shows, the boomerang effect is strong for young people, whether or not they went to college.

Our society does PROMOTE we leave the nest soon, and as a result for a lot of unprepared people, they fail or struggle more than they honestly should. Most societies outside of the states promotes unity within the family and that you don't leave the nest until your married. Here is one example or idea you could test, find a educated middle eastern family of lawyers, doctors, and other high profile jobs, the chances of them living at home may be high because they believe in not leaving until your married and ready to start your own family.

Our society does PROMOTE we leave the nest soon, and as a result for a lot of unprepared people, they fail or struggle more than they honestly should. Most societies outside of the states promotes unity within the family and that you don't leave the nest until your married. Here is one example or idea you could test, find a educated middle eastern family of lawyers, doctors, and other high profile jobs, the chances of them living at home may be high because they believe in not leaving until your married and ready to start your own family.

Very true, but the average american cannot see beyond their world around them. What we think is "normal behavior" is actually rare an against the grain compared to the rest of the functioning world.

We could argue about America being better all day, but our standard of living in America is not sustainable and cannot continue for an extended period of time.

this is too messed up, many weak minds

the timing of the article is fishy man

im pretty sure the author stole the idea from an online forum

Last edited by a moderator:
ask a dominican bout going to DR, they'll tell you its HEAVEN and you come back and realize that 99% of these women

trying to set thrist traps aint ish in da grand scheme of things...with that entitled mentality.
yeah aight and once she got those those papers..she's gone
laugh.gif
roll.gif
FOH
that only happens to them saki paki marks

you a papi shampoo and you holdin weight out there.

ask a dominican bout going to DR, they'll tell you its HEAVEN and you come back and realize that 99% of these women

trying to set thrist traps aint ish in da grand scheme of things...with that entitled mentality.
Dominican chicks LOVE black dudes
I can confirm
smokin.gif
ricans appeal way more to black though, almost 10 fold more, word to spanish harlem and them puerto rican enclaves in philly.

I can confirm
smokin.gif
ricans appeal way more to black though, almost 10 fold more, word to spanish harlem and them puerto rican enclaves in philly.
apparently you can't confirm this?

I can confirm :smokin
apparently you can't confirm this?

Ya seen my vid w/ me & mom dukes..stop trollin >D

No surprise that the main girl talking about no educated men being available was mad overweight. Hate to say it, but if you're an overweight professional woman, you will probably have to settle for a non-professional man.

They think they can bag overweight professional men, but them dudes would rather get a nice looking broke chick, before choosing a overwieght professional chick.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its funny, that video further prove the afro influence in dominican heritage, his madre look like some of aunts and other family from africa

True. Can't blame homie for being in denial though, it's the product of years and years of anti-black campaigns in DR. From features to music to culture, Africa is embedded in DR, even mtDNA tests prove their African heritage and Dominican's still deny their African roots :lol: Oh well another subject for another thread.

this is why latino folks dont **** w/ cats outside our culture, cuz if you not gonna respect if for what it is, we

aint got time for it.
eyes.gif
, this is da type of american "matrix" homie talkin bout in da video..

I can confirm :smokin

Is it because PR is US territory?

I can confirm
smokin.gif
Is it because PR is US territory?
naw, cuz ricans been more americanized then dominicans, so blacks and PR folks can relate better then a dominican off da boat

for example.

da club scenes is a perfect example of what im talkin bout, spanish clubs really dont mesh with urban clubs when it come to crowds.

this is why latino folks dont **** w/ cats outside our culture, cuz if you not gonna respect if for what it is, we

aint got time for it. :rolleyes , this is da type of american "matrix" homie talkin bout in da video..
Who cares? You're in America now. Being closed from other cliques only puts Latinos at a disadvantage. Foolish really, but that's the way it's been.

aint got time for it. :rolleyes , this is da type of american "matrix" homie talkin bout in da video..
Who cares? You're in America now. Being closed from other cliques only puts Latinos at a disadvantage. Foolish really, but that's the way it's been.

Naw, assimilation is wack to me..losing your culture is da worst thing that can

Happen to you in my opinion.

Naw, assimilation is wack to me..losing your culture is da worst thing that can

Happen to you in my opinion.
So why not live in Dominican Republic and stay fully immersed in it? I never understood why people rep other countries so hard yet don't live there. It's usually people who aren't successful here so why not attempt to obtain success there?

Not taking shots, just trying to understand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom