Black and White question...

Originally Posted by bjamez20

all you people saying you dont know what it means to "act black" are kidding yourselves, you know damn well what it means

Horse %!%+. The black person down the street from doesn't dress the same as me or come from the same background and so forth and so on. You can't act adamn skin color.

Originally Posted by KingJames216

Originally Posted by Black Milk

I despise white people trying to be black. like, be yourself
tired.gif

i was myself but people said i was trying to be black..
roll.gif
Im saying, if you were raised this way, then its perfectly fine. acting black or "ghetto" when you live in the burbs with no blacksaround and you dapping people saying "whats good my black bretheren!" idc if you dont think its not acting black, but its damn sure acting out ofcharacter.

all you people saying you dont know what it means to "act black" are kidding yourselves, you know damn well what it means

COM'ON PEOPLE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS YOUR TRYING TO ACT BLACK ITS DIRECTED TOWARD MORE INNER-CITY/HOOD BLACKS NOW STOP ACTING SO NAIVE!
indifferent.gif
really you know what people mean by that even though your right and itshouldnt be referred to like that! Just like everyone in this thread knows SOUNDING white would mean "HEY, DUDES, LETS GET SOME CHEESE AND CRACKERS"<<< now not every white person sounds like that of course but thats how they get mimiced! IMO!

MOST IGNORANT THREAD EVER.....and that means a lot on NT.

1. 1ST OF like someone already mentioned "How does one act a race"?

2. 2ndly do you, if you like the hip hop look or rocker, tighter fitting clothes look just do you. A lot of people usedto clown on me for acting/dressing white in high school it is ignorant on both fronts.

3. What I find appealing about a rapper like Kanye is he really doesn't care at the end of the day what the "hood" or anyone else has to sayabout his "sexuality" or street-cred based on how he dresses. DO YOU.

I do agree with you on one thing.....a lot of those "goon" dressing dudes who would make fun of me back then for dressing in tighter clothes androcking vans and wallet chains and iced out skull belts are dressing like that now. Go figure.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Horse %!%+. The black person down the street from doesn't dress the same as me or come from the same background and so forth and so on. You can't act a damn skin color.

i'm not saying i'm right, and i'm not saying i agree with it, but you cannot deny that "acting black" became a phrase a few years back.if you've been exposed to any type of pop culture since like 1998 then you should know what people mean by the phrase.

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

COM'ON PEOPLE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS YOUR TRYING TO ACT BLACK ITS DIRECTED TOWARD MORE INNER-CITY/HOOD BLACKS NOW STOP ACTING SO NAIVE!
indifferent.gif
really you dont know what people mean by that even though your right and it shouldnt be referred to like that! Just like everyone in this thread knows SOUNDING white would mean "HEY, DUDES, LETS GET SOME CHEESE AND CRACKERS" <<< now not every white person sounds like that of course but thats how they get mimiced! IMO!
So wait, are we talking Anderson Cooper white or Rosco Pico Train white? Elaborate please
happy.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames216

I despise white people trying to be black. like, be yourself
tired.gif

i was myself but people said i was trying to be black..
roll.gif
Im saying, if you were raised this way, then its perfectly fine. acting black or "ghetto" when you live in the burbs with no blacks around and you dapping people saying "whats good my black bretheren!" idc if you dont think its not acting black, but its damn sure acting out of character.

I am deffintlly not from the burbs born and raised on w.73rd in cleveland anyone from cleveland knows thats far from burbs...and yes most of my friends areblack or hispanic..

Horse %!%+. The black person down the street from doesn't dress the same as me or come from the same background and so forth and so on. You can't act a damn skin color.

i'm not saying i'm right, and i'm not saying i agree with it, but you cannot deny that "acting black" became a phrase a few years back. if you've been exposed to any type of pop culture since like 1998 then you should know what people mean by the phrase.
I mean, acting black doesnt mean you are painting your face black. nothing to do with the actual color of black ppls skin. but the hood/ghettoattitude is prevalent in the black community. thats acting black. what part of that you guys dont understand? a good example of "acting black" isdude from malibu's most wanted and kip from napolean dynamite AFTER he met that black girl (forgot her name)

i'm not saying i'm right, and i'm not saying i agree with it, but you cannot deny that "acting black" became a phrase a few years back. if you've been exposed to any type of pop culture since like 1998 then you should know what people mean by the phrase.
I mean, acting black doesnt mean you are painting your face black. nothing to do with the actual color of black ppls skin. but the hood/ghetto attitude is prevalent in the black community. thats acting black. what part of that you guys dont understand? a good example of "acting black" is dude from malibu's most wanted and kip from napolean dynamite AFTER he met that black girl (forgot her name)
So how do you act japanese? What about indian?

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

indifferent.gif
really you dont know what people mean by that even though your right and it shouldnt be referred to like that! Just like everyone in this thread knows SOUNDING white would mean "HEY, DUDES, LETS GET SOME CHEESE AND CRACKERS" <<< now not every white person sounds like that of course but thats how they get mimiced! IMO!
So wait, are we talking Anderson Cooper white or Rosco Pico Train white? Elaborate please
happy.gif
i mean any white boy in general cause it wouldnt matter its generalizing which is wrong but it happens, so it don't matter which boy you areif a black person says that line, his homeboys are gonna say stop acting white! its sad but true if you think other wise your just naive! just like cops see adude with baggy jeans automatic gangster right??? or are they gonna say is that ice cube type? or carmelo anthony type?

I mean, acting black doesnt mean you are painting your face black. nothing to do with the actual color of black ppls skin. but the hood/ghetto attitude is prevalent in the black community. thats acting black. what part of that you guys dont understand? a good example of "acting black" is dude from malibu's most wanted and kip from napolean dynamite AFTER he met that black girl (forgot her name)
im saying, its about the subculture. being black is one thing. Then you get to the ghetto black people. how would that work for japanese andindians? i cant answer your question because i dont know. some of ya dudes need to step off NT for a lil bit and interact with different types of people.

im saying, its about the subculture. being black is one thing. Then you get to the ghetto black people. how would that work for japanese and indians? i cant answer your question because i dont know. some of ya dudes need to step off NT for a lil bit and interact with different types of people.
Ahhh..that answers my question about which black we are talking about. Thanks!
happy.gif

im saying, its about the subculture. being black is one thing. Then you get to the ghetto black people. how would that work for japanese and indians? i cant answer your question because i dont know. some of ya dudes need to step off NT for a lil bit and interact with different types of people.

Ghetto is not a human attribute, it is an area of sub-standard housing

Attributes, and style, and art forms belong to people not races.

says the guy with 150+ posts in 4 days
indifferent.gif

go breath some fresh air fam...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Ghetto is not a human attribute, it is an area of sub-standard housing

Attributes, and style, and art forms belong to people not races.
Cmon, duke. Ghetto can be traced back to the 50's. We are in 08' i dont know where you are from but you act a certain way out here, youare rendered a ghetto individual. Stop being so naive

FreshOne12:
bjamez20:
indifferent.gif
really you know what people mean by that even though your right and it shouldnt be referred to like that! Just like everyone in this thread knows SOUNDING white would mean "HEY, DUDES, LETS GET SOME CHEESE AND CRACKERS" <<< now not every white person sounds like that of course but thats how they get mimiced! IMO!
You can't act a skin color.

You can act 'hood', but that's not the same as acting black, even if 'act hood' is what you mean. Everyone who wears black skin 'actsblack'. Period.

You can act 'professional', but that's not the same as acting white, even if 'act professional' is what you mean. Everyone who wears whiteskin 'acts white'.

Eminem is NOT a white dude who acts black. He is also not a white dude who fails to act white. He's a white dude who acts hood; that's what I say abouthim, and there's nothing wrong with him being the way he is.

Tiger Woods is not a black dude who acts white, nor is he a black dude who fails to act black. He is a black dude who acts professionally nearly all the time.There's nothing wrong with that, and that's just how he is... but he does not act a skin color.

Back
Top Bottom