Black and White question...

Now i remember in High School black people would make fun of white people for wearing tight jeans and listening to rock music..and made of fun of white peoplewho tried to act black but now black people are wearing tight jeans and trying to do rock music "lil wayne"and many others.....
indifferent.gif
how do you guys feel about this...im the white guy trying to act black iguess at least when i was younger thats what my grandparents called me w igge r
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames216

Now i remember in High School black people would make fun of white people for wearing tight jeans and listening to rock music..and made of fun of white people who tried to act black but now black people are wearing tight jeans and trying to do rock music "lil wayne"and many others.....
indifferent.gif
how do you guys feel about this...im the white guy trying to act black i guess at least when i was younger thats what my grandparents called me w igge r
roll.gif
Why the hell would you admit to that SMH
eyes.gif

LOL

Trust me, dudes get clowned on the low.

I clown on dudes wearing what you describe. Once you go over board even old folks clown on you.

If you look stupid............ you getting clowned no matter what ethnicity.

It's different in L.A tho. Everyone does whatever without really getting clowned unless you got a Nintendo controller as a belt LOLz

I touched on this in a thread recently.

Winter was clowning me for having Outkast in my sig despite never, EVER owning any akademics, FUBU, Rocawear, etc.

My response was this: C'mon, man... work with me here. What the hell do I look like being white wearing some 'For Us By Us'?! I'm not one toclown white dudes rocking that hip-hop look, so I'm not one to clown some white dude wearing 'For Us By Us', but I do always wonder if they justthought the 'fit was cool, or if they actually knew what FUBU means. Because to me, if you're white and you actually know what that means... Idon't know, man.

And I've already gotten the response before about how it's not about white/black/any other race, but it's about hip-hop culture, and anyone takingan honest look at things knows that's full of crap. I've heard plenty of hip-hop heads use phrases like 'act black' and 'act white' andwhat not.

I hate the phrase 'act _____' (insert skin color), and I never use it myself. However, hearing people use it all my life, I mean, I've paidattention. So I'll just stay in my lane, roll with my Quiksilver and Oakley and Billabong, and you can have your Roc-A-Wear and FUBU and akademics.

Originally Posted by ShoeHefner5

how does one act black? or act white? or any color/race for that matter?

He said that his uncle called him a W igger. I wonder if that says anything
eyes.gif

listen we all know what we means by acting _____. It isn't the right way to describe your style but whatever.

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

listen we all know what we means by acting _____. It isn't the right way to describe your style but whatever.

Now wait, does he mean Brian Gumble black? Or Weezy black? Elaborate please
happy.gif

The people who did their own thing like skateboarded or listened to rock or was a geek/nerd before it was trendy, gets my respect.

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

happy.gif
Tiger Woods black I'm assuming

Originally Posted by KingJames216

Now i remember in High School black people would make fun of white people for wearing tight jeans and listening to rock music..and made of fun of white people who tried to act black but now black people are wearing tight jeans and trying to do rock music "lil wayne"and many others.....
indifferent.gif
how do you guys feel about this...im the white guy trying to act black i guess at least when i was younger thats what my grandparents called me w igge r
roll.gif
well in high school it was white people directly copying baggy jeans and ripping style,

NOW the lil wayne wearing tight jeans and listening to rock, blacks have always listened to rock, we got jimmy hendrix com'on! lil wayne is one dude inparticular althought the clothes thing did "shrink" up a bit its an entirley different thing than white people have ever wore. we keep going betterand more pioneer-like towards the future, nothing about the mojority of blacks style these days remotly says white! IMO.

its cuz some people r trendy, its cool now,
believe me i got doggd on for wearn alot of stuff i do, n now some of those ppl rockn fitted clothe,
its not even about color or race either, itsjust what ppl wanna dride

all you people saying you dont know what it means to "act black" are kidding yourselves, you know damn well what it means

basically black people are trendsetters, everyone wants to be just like us without actually being us...

so basically while you were being uncool doing you all your life, black people took your genre and style and made it trendy...

ps, i still make fun of people in skinny jeans
happy.gif

Raginl3ull:
Kell78dogg:
happy.gif

Or 'Colin Powel' black? Maybe 'Grant Hill' black? 'Ron Artest' black? 'Denzel Washington' black? 'Obama'black? 'T-Mac' black? Those are all black people, but they are all so different from each other. I'm with you, Ragin: what kind of 'act black' are we talking about, because there seems to be different kinds of ways to 'actblack'. Weird.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Raginl3ull:
Kell78dogg:
happy.gif

Or 'Colin Powel' black? Maybe 'Grant Hill' black? 'Ron Artest' black? 'Denzel Washington' black? 'Obama' black? 'T-Mac' black? Those are all black people, but they are all so different from each other. I'm with you, Ragin: what kind of 'act black' are we talking about, because there seems to be different kinds of ways to 'act black'. Weird.

laugh.gif
exactly

Back
Top Bottom