Black Culture Discussion Thread

“Don’t be surprised when you lay with dogs if you get fleas.”

Not giving them a pass at all but TIME AND TIME again they’ve shown you who they are. Until people stop sending their children to institutions of indoctrination that are in opposition to your culture this will happen.

Sooner or later people probably will realize these instances are given national attention just to reinforce the dominant power structure. If people were about that life we wouldn’t be posting about it on an online shoe
forum. And I get that technology is freeing a lot of people and bring awareness, but wether recorded or not a young man shot down like a dog in the streets is simply that.
The media collectively reinforces this is how it should be. As I’ve heard too many women genuinely concerned about their sons, “That could have been my son.”

Btw iamdef iamdef I wasn’t coming at you. Just wanted to point out this reactionary thinking has people riled up for 15 mins and keeps it moving

I got you. I think in these moments people get riled up and they outwardly move on but mentally this still resonates in our minds. We move on from things like this because if we don't we will take our frustrations out on the wrong people.

I got you. I think in these moments people get riled up and they outwardly move on but mentally this still resonates in our minds. We move on from things like this because if we don't we will take our frustrations out on the wrong people.

Great point bro which is why i don't even entertain it.We all have PTSD. If you get anxiety knowing your L's and everything is squared away, yet when you see the cherries and berries you know something isnt right. That and city living will drive a man crazy. Like you said it wears on you. Probably beating a dead horse here: but Speaking on the babies, people call this generation the worst blah blah but when are we going to accept they are a product of our thinking and shortcomings. We call them drug addicts when they're really trying to self medicate. They'll bash XXX like what he was doing wasn't learned behavior even though he was turning it around. They're clowned for being victims of instant gratification but they get results quick, for better/worst. They're not hanging on a white man's 4 year empty rhetoric, rinse and repeat.
An elder once said a child will teach you how to be an adult before you will teach it how to be a child. Even in their dysfunctional behavior, the youth has the keys. It's on us to bring them out.

I've always thought it was odd how we understand for our generation you could be a product of your environment but this next generation is the fault for their own issues. You can't boast and brag about selling drugs for decades and wonder when those addicts' kids would grow up and tell their own stories.

Great point bro which is why i don't even entertain it.We all have PTSD. If you get anxiety knowing your L's and everything is squared away, yet when you see the cherries and berries you know something isnt right. That and city living will drive a man crazy. Like you said it wears on you. Probably beating a dead horse here: but Speaking on the babies, people call this generation the worst blah blah but when are we going to accept they are a product of our thinking and shortcomings. We call them drug addicts when they're really trying to self medicate. They'll bash XXX like what he was doing wasn't learned behavior even though he was turning it around. They're clowned for being victims of instant gratification but they get results quick, for better/worst. They're not hanging on a white man's 4 year empty rhetoric, rinse and repeat.
An elder once said a child will teach you how to be an adult before you will teach it how to be a child. Even in their dysfunctional behavior, the youth has the keys. It's on us to bring them out.

I've always thought it was odd how we understand for our generation you could be a product of your environment but this next generation is the fault for their own issues. You can't boast and brag about selling drugs for decades and wonder when those addicts' kids would grow up and tell their own stories.

it’s a cycle...every generation seems to be overly critical of the next...and every (new) generation has its own unique problem(s) along with memes & norms that are often confusing or even unintelligible to the generation that precedes it. as such it isn’t so much that they are a ‘product of our thinking and shortcomings’ or that rappers boasted about being drug pushers, not saying those things aren’t factors rather that the world and the set of experiences every generation encounter shapes them; criticisms are kinda ‘all in the game’

There's gonna have to be some nuance to that video because that title is not pulling me in.

Back
Top Bottom