Black Culture Discussion Thread

Russian 2016 Influence Operation Targeted African-Americans

“The most prolific I.R.A. efforts on Facebook and Instagram specifically targeted black American communities and appear to have been focused on developing black audiences and recruiting black Americans as assets,” the report says. Using Gmail accounts with American-sounding names, the Russians recruited and sometimes paid unwitting American activists of all races to stage rallies and spread content, but there was a disproportionate pursuit of African-Americans, it concludes.

The report says that while “other distinct ethnic and religious groups were the focus of one or two Facebook Pages or Instagram accounts, the black community was targeted extensively with dozens.” In some cases, Facebook ads were targeted at users who had shown interest in particular topics, including black history, the Black Panther Party and Malcolm X. The most popular of the Russian Instagram accounts was @blackstagram, with 303,663 followers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/17/us/politics/russia-2016-influence-campaign.html

The funny thing is... the Russian Government understands the negative influence and negative effect that rap music has on the American population. So not only did they let us kill ourselves for a while... they are now going to expose us for the culture that the government funded, perpetuated, and profited from.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/europe/russia-rap-war-intl/index.html

dude ****

If you have been paying attention anywhere, China is buying out whats left of Africa. They already own Jamaica and most of the Caribbean by predatory loans.

I want to be optimistic, but it just looks gloomy everywhere :frown::frown::frown::frown:
They're not buying "what's left of Africa" and let's be real: somebody is selling.

Like my dude up there said, there is no love for the Homeland among the locals of many African countries, from the bottom of the rung to the top. My bro went back home and at the airport, he overheard a customs officer tell another random traveler that he's getting paid regardless of his performance on the job, as long as he's present. In countries where that kind of sentiment is omnipresent (**** you, I got mine), they will sell to the highest bidder, especially if the buyers are willing to overlook all kinds of abuses. In other countries, they will resist Chinese influence and try to find ways to develop without getting trapped into unpayable loans and dubious contracts that give away their wealth.

You also need to understand that within Africa, the idea of unity is a contentious one. The competition for regional influence is real and it leads to alliances that puzzle those who don't take into account the various local perspectives. The peoples and governments within Africa perform the calculus of geopolitics with very different variables.

I get a lil nauseous watching videos of people willingly cutting they hair and this video almost brought me to tears man.

Folks really this sick in the head to make these random "rules" and spineless coaches allowing it to all go down. As a parent If I'm in the stands I'm causing a scene. you will not put my child in this position for such an illogical reason

I get a lil nauseous watching videos of people willingly cutting they hair and this video almost brought me to tears man.

Folks really this sick in the head to make these random "rules" and spineless coaches allowing it to all go down. As a parent If I'm in the stands I'm causing a scene. you will not put my child in this position for such an illogical reason

I can't stand that neither. I've noticed a ton of vids popping up on IG of black people allowing white barbers to cut their locs. They edit the vids as if the cut civilized them or something. It took all I had not to cry when I cut my locs. We not going to trivialize my loc journey for views.

I hope this young brothers family is supporting him through this. I can only imagine how traumatizing that was. I also hope his sacrifice brings change to the ridiculous rules placed against black hair.

I can't stand that neither. I've noticed a ton of vids popping up on IG of black people allowing white barbers to cut their locs. They edit the vids as if the cut civilized them or something. It took all I had not to cry when I cut my locs. We not going to trivialize my loc journey for views.

I hope this young brothers family is supporting him through this. I can only imagine how traumatizing that was. I also hope his sacrifice brings change to the ridiculous rules placed against black hair.

I've seen more than enough videos with that same "Clean up" theme and I hate em. We have a lot of re-learning to do in our culture and unfortunately it's not gonna be easy

Fam are they serious?

He looks like a mixed breed.....
So I'm not surprised at the passiveness...
As for locs and what they used to represent..the culture has been so watered down and stolen...since Rastafari symbolism...

Everybody and they mama got dreads...because its a fad now...
As you can see the fad has even trickled down so sucka *** young men who don't even have the spine to defend someone cutting his.

What crazy times we live in....
4393.jpg

Harpers-10-3-1868.jpg

Last edited:
Was reading a post on thecoli about why black men are assigned are given the reputation of loving white women. This figure just put things into perspective for me.
PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-00.png

After a little thinking, it just dates back to the old stereotype of white men accusing us of just lusting after their white women, and for some reason we wen with it. To the point where even black women feel this way as well.

Last edited:
He looks like a mixed breed.....
So I'm not surprised at the passiveness...
As for locs and what they used to represent..the culture has been so watered down and stolen...since Rastafari symbolism...

Everybody and they mama got dreads...because its a fad now...
As you can see the fad has even trickled down so sucka *** young men who don't even have the spine to defend someone cutting his.

What crazy times we live in....
4393.jpg

Harpers-10-3-1868.jpg

yo...it's wild you came to that conclusion based on a dubious observation...whether locs have been watered down or not, it's so crazy that no one seemed to be looking out for the kid in that moment, from teammates to coaches...wild

Was reading a post on thecoli about why black men are assigned are given the reputation of loving white women. This figure just put things into perspective for me.
PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-01-00.png

After a little thinking, it just dates back to the old stereotype of white men accusing us of just lusting after their white women, and for some reason we wen with it. To the point where even black women feel this way as well.

i read something really put stuff like this in perspective, "facts are not data" just because an experience is true doesn't make it representative, it can be hard to separate these concepts...and i think for some (women) their immediate experience 'rings' #nopunintended more true when it comes to interracial marriages/relationships; especially given attention that high profile black men get when they date non black women...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/egypt/st...surprise-2019-african-nations-cup-hosting-bid

Egypt submits surprise 2019 African Nations Cup hosting bid
Dec 14, 2018

The Egyptian Football Association has submitted a bid to replace Cameroon as next year's African Nations Cup host.

Egypt's pitch, announced on Thursday to meet Friday's deadline, came after Morocco said this week it wouldn't put itself forward as a candidate.

Morocco had been considered the front-runner after being a candidate to host the 2026 World Cup, only to lose out in that race to a joint United States-Mexico-Canada bid.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has given countries until the end of Friday to submit bids for the 2019 African Cup, which was taken away from Cameroon last month because of poor preparations and a violent insurgency in parts of that country.

CAF wants a new host in place by Dec. 31, with the tournament in June and July looming.

South Africa is another possible stand-in host, but the South African Football Association hasn't confirmed it will bid and says it needs government approval before any decision.

Cameroon won the bid to organize the latest African Cup of Nations in 2007.

That's 11 years ago, and they were still not ready :smh:

“Don’t be surprised when you lay with dogs if you get fleas.”

Not giving them a pass at all but TIME AND TIME again they’ve shown you who they are. Until people stop sending their children to institutions of indoctrination that are in opposition to your culture this will happen.

Sooner or later people probably will realize these instances are given national attention just to reinforce the dominant power structure. If people were about that life we wouldn’t be posting about it on an online shoe
forum. And I get that technology is freeing a lot of people and bring awareness, but wether recorded or not a young man shot down like a dog in the streets is simply that.
The media collectively reinforces this is how it should be. As I’ve heard too many women genuinely concerned about their sons, “That could have been my son.”

Btw iamdef iamdef I wasn’t coming at you. Just wanted to point out this reactionary thinking has people riled up for 15 mins and keeps it moving

Back
Top Bottom