Black Culture Discussion Thread

Didn't mean you in general. I just seen it on Twitter where people were mad at people saying this.
I understand what you're saying although I truthfully don't believe anybody is holding you down. Is there people that want to hold you down? Yes, but there isn't a race that is holding you down.

If you want to succeed, you can do o and nobody can stop you from that.
It's not an action its an attitude.

"You guys need to do better, but someone else can advise you how"

"You guys need to have better relationships, but you can't date my daughter."

"You guys need to get better jobs, but i wouldn't hire you dressed like that"

"you guys need to get away from drugs, but first let me buy an oz. off you"

"you guys need to broaden your horizons, but don't move out of your neighborhood into mine."

I can do this all day. You can't stop my success, but if you aren't helping you have no right to chime in.

Last edited:
Didn't mean you in general. I just seen it on Twitter where people were mad at people saying this.

I understand what you're saying although I truthfully don't believe anybody is holding you down. Is there people that want to hold you down? Yes, but there isn't a race that is holding you down.

If you want to succeed, you can do o and nobody can stop you from that.
It's not an action its an attitude.

"You guys need to do better, but someone else can advise you how"
"You guys need to have better relationships, but you can't date my daughter."
"You guys need to get better jobs, but i wouldn't hire you dressed like that"
"you guys need to get away from drugs, but first let me buy an oz. off you"
"you guys need to broaden your horizons, but don't move out of your neighborhood into mine."

I can do this all day. You can't stop my success, but if you aren't helping you have no right to chime in.
Those are just insanely general. I could make some up to go against you, only difference is I'd get banned for doing so.

Lack of unity - uppity begroes talk down to the rest of us.

Exploitation - we need more education/leadership - uppity negroes seperate themselves from the rest of us, taking their skill

Glorification of destructive behaviors - Examples?

Hypocrisy in music - Examples?

Lack of leadership - uppity negroes can't relate to the rest of us, so their leaders aren't our leaders.

Lack of understanding Ida the biggest issue amongst black folk

Prison system x Education are the main problems affecting black folk.

I believe so.

I'm not black, I'm an outsider looking in. I have my opinions on your culture (assuming you're African American).

I believe my opinion, as well as everybody else's is important because there's a reason as to why they see it that way.

To solve the problem, you have to know what the problem is. Why do I see it in a certain manner, and what can you do to change it?

And no, I'm not suggesting you change your entire culture. Just the bad aspects of it (which every culture has)

Yea yea, I know #SWS
What do you think the problems are with African Americans in this country? Also why do you believe your opinion is important when it comes to African Americans? And yes, I am African American.

I believe so.

I'm not black, I'm an outsider looking in. I have my opinions on your culture (assuming you're African American).

I believe my opinion, as well as everybody else's is important because there's a reason as to why they see it that way.

To solve the problem, you have to know what the problem is. Why do I see it in a certain manner, and what can you do to change it?

And no, I'm not suggesting you change your entire culture. Just the bad aspects of it (which every culture has)

Yea yea, I know #SWS

What do you think the problems are with African Americans in this country? Also why do you believe your opinion is important when it comes to African Americans? And yes, I am African American.

The problems I see more than anything are the importance of material goods. People become vanity slaves. That as well as feeling as if they're owed something and using slavery as an excuse. I'm not saying this is only a problem in black communities, this is just where I see it most.

I think everybody's opinion is important on any subject.

The problems I see more than anything are the importance of material goods. People become vanity slaves. That as well as feeling as if they're owed something and using slavery as an excuse. I'm not saying this is only a problem in black communities, this is just where I see it most.

Do you think anyone in here takes you serious? 

Do you think anyone in here takes you serious? 

No, truthfully don't even know why I'm posting anymore.

Leaving now.

Good luck to all of you.

Sitting back and watching replies really reveals who's posting with a purpose n whose full of ****. That quote button needs to go in debate threads like these. It becomes such a mess... Carry on gentleman.

I agree
Everybody wants something they can do and relate to with everybody, but through Isolation you can grow to be a better individual and understand self-worth. I believe it is isolation and not regrouping that would save culture, being okay with dressing down and off brand, not running away but standing up to commercialized business, teaching each other how to not be media illiterate, teaching such literary and how to be individuals, because we cannot come together before we identify who we are as individuals outside of what we are in the world

Learning through re-programming and not regrouping. Remember before there were problems of brothers disrespecting other races because they thought they were better, maybe this way we can appreciate ourselves and others, which is a meteor in the way of this change, people think in order to do so that they must impose dominance, instead this will let individuals shine and show pride of who they are

I love my black people. We are the most creative, rhythmic, & prideful people. But have got to do better. Some of the things us black Americans do is straight up silly. I would also like to add, I think the restoration and modernization of Africa as a whole, will help Blacks come together.

Originally Posted by Truth-Serum  

I agree
Everybody wants something they can do and relate to with everybody, but through Isolation you can grow to be a better individual and understand self-worth. I believe it is isolation and not regrouping that would save culture, being okay with dressing down and off brand, not running away but standing up to commercialized business, teaching each other how to not be media illiterate, teaching such literary and how to be individuals, because we cannot come together before we identify who we are as individuals outside of what we are in the world

Learning through re-programming and not regrouping. Remember before there were problems of brothers disrespecting other races because they thought they were better, maybe this way we can appreciate ourselves and others, which is a meteor in the way of this change, people think in order to do so that they must impose dominance, instead this will let individuals shine and show pride of who they are

Man, I can't overstate the power of education. If you can tell/show people 'there's another way' then maybe we could takeover some things other than sports and entertainment. Turn this drug money into legit money.

Just being exposed to stocks, investments actual entrepreneurship.

Black folk have just as much hustle as anyone else, we just have more obstacles, mostly each other, nowadays. 'Hood hates a ***** that made it.'

Those black folk with money willfully judge/separate themselves from the rest of us.

I'm ok w/drug dealing, the violence is a bi-product, no different than cowboys or Irish mobsters, or Italian mobsters or robin hoods, or ronin/samurai or any other 'outlaw', hood ****** are just our version. Once we stop trying to be everything else and just be us, not constantly blaming white (even though it is 'their' fault) not turning on each other, generally not being dbags and we can come up.

'The hood needs funds' - 3 stacks

I mean, I've said it a million times.

Hood needs fund. Who has funds? Hood rich ******. So maybe, if the hood ****** would pool money and buy land instead of chains, houses instead of cars...a few more Stringer Bells and a lot less Avon Barksdales and the hood could come up.
I agree with @am1x90xnike  !  If the drug dealers or hood rich ****** came together to provide something like community learning zones where people that don't have the money to purchase expensive equipment ( http://dallasmakerspace.org/ ) or what you mentioned with land then things could definitely change.  If you gonna let the drug dealers operate within the community, then try to hold them accountable as far as building the community up and giving back.  But we also need people to sacrifice their time to educate others.  2Pac mentioned this a long time ago and funny its still happening to this day.... probably even worse.  Check out the video below definitely a good watch.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

"ALL THINGS BLACK PEOPLE HAVE DONE, BLACK PEOPLE CAN DO"

Like many have said education and knowledge of self is key.

If we built the pyramids and stuff like that, our potential is infinite.

I think one thing that's crippling our evolution is the perception of success is limited to what white people have presented to us as success.

We need to stop falling for the same traps. My personal pet peeve is the designated black leader. Usually someone accepted by White America only to be broken down and used as the scapegoat fro everything that's wrong with black people.

We need to establish our educational standards. Stop running to these Rich Zionist for loans. They're only gonna give us the amount that allows them to stay on top.

Going a little further into it, our evolution was never intended to be a material one. Anyone on the planet will tell you we're a spiritual people and that's what our focus should be on. I know that's a step by step process and we can't discuss stuff like God if I don't have a burger to my name.

When ever you get lost it's important to have a place of origin on a map so you can trace back to where you started in case of a misstep. What's happened to us is that the map was ripped in half at the point of slavery. If you try to show most people the other half of the map they wouldn't believe that's where we started because of how far off path we are.

I don't wanna complain with out solution tho.
Dr. Booker T Coleman is a good dude to check out. He's well known for the Hidden Color Series and has plenty of other speeches on the YouTube discussing education and how we should go forward.

Hood needs fund. Who has funds? Hood rich ******. So maybe, if the hood ****** would pool money and buy land instead of chains, houses instead of cars...a few more Stringer Bells and a lot less Avon Barksdales and the hood could come up.
Here's the thing though, it doesn't take rich people's money to make funding something work.  Look at the Officer Darren Wilson support page, the guy has gotten over $100k in a few days just because of white supremacists throughout the country donating 5, 10, 50 dollars.   You also have to take into account that these guys know if they fund black causes too much their bosses will find a way to cut them off.

I agree that celebrities and athletes should take black causes more seriously but we don't need their dollars to make change.

Back
Top Bottom