Black Culture Discussion Thread

Nobody can explain why 70% of marriages exhibit domestic violence. And Why the divorce rate is at 42% :lol: :lol: :lol: but here we go again trying to force this agenda

…. This is EXACTLY why you have an entire generation of emotional young men out here killing and not being able to handle adversity. That’s the fundamental difference between men and women and people still seem to not understand:lol: :lol:

Everyone isn’t overly emotional. People need to stop trying to force their lack of tact, or lack of self control onto everyone else

Marriage isn’t for everyone. A nuclear family ISN’T for everyone and it’s OKAY.

Again, Cam came from a household where his mom and dad were married. It’s a case by case basis.

All you have to do is look at the comments to see that people don’t think for themselves:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are tons of people in co-parenting situations that are doing absolutely well.

Last edited:
It can be both. Yes, there are crash dummies in the hood. There are crash dummies everywhere, but do you think the non-crash dummy kids know how much a biological chemical engineer makes, much less what a biological chemical engineer is to even aspire to be one? Its generation side effects from the civil rights movement. Which even WE forget wasnt really THAT long ago.

Which is why I said “most of the folks”. Given your example in this very day and age if a kid doesn’t know how much a biological chemical engineer makes much less what a biological chemical engineer is to even aspire to be one then that’s on that kid.

Everything that you need to ACCCESS the necessary information is on your cell phone…….which literally every kid has. There’s even YouTube “how to” videos out there to help guide kids. Anything and everything that you get out of life……..and or don’t get is on you. You are the master of your fate……you are the captain of your soul.

Believe it or not, there are people who do not have internet on the cell phone. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I say folks come from privlidge and dont know it. :lol:

Which is why I said “most of the folks”. Given your example in this very day and age if a kid doesn’t know how much a biological chemical engineer makes much less what a biological chemical engineer is to even aspire to be one then that’s on that kid.

Everything that you need to ACCCESS the necessary information is on your cell phone…….which literally every kid has. There’s even YouTube “how to” videos out there to help guide kids. Anything and everything that you get out of life……..and or don’t get is on you. You are the master of your fate……you are the captain of your soul.

People have MORE access to technology and information than ever before. Yet people still make excuses for the idiocy. People literally want to be spoon fed information. So many people waste their time everyday, indulging in nonsense, tell them to do something constructive and there’s an excuse waiting

Believe it or not, there are people who do not have internet on the cell phone. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I say folks come from privlidge and dont know it. :lol:

Covid hit in 2020 and over half of the students in the county I worked in didn't have internet connection or a laptop.

Guess those 7 year olds should've just chose to have internet

2.9 billion FB users…. 2.4 billion IG users

Even if have are duplicate accounts, that’s still a cool 1 billion people at minimum.

I’m a black male. Two hard working parents. No college education. Both from
The south.

America… the most DEVELOPEDDDDD country in the world yet no free healthcare and we’ve fallen behind in education…

Sounds like a problem created by this very country itself. Again. Excuses.

People use to take pride in being intelligent and different. Now we live in a country full of followers where kids literally did “challenges” where they dance on top of trains or are tide pods.

:lol: :lol:

Covid hit in 2020 and over half of the students in the county I worked in didn't have internet connection or a laptop.

Guess those 7 year olds should've just chose to have internet

You do know that there was a world before 2020…?

Now y’all want to blame COVID on these lousy parents and underpaid students. America was screwed up before Covid.

I live in South Florida where they’ve started to close schools due to pupil shortages and teacher shortages

This country doesn’t care about it’s educators or kids. I see it everyday.

Parents wanting teachers to raise and educate their kids at the same time. Nah, they’ve gotten wiser and realized that America doesn’t value education or the teachers. And the parents terrible.

You all just hate the truth. Some of your friends and family members are terrible parents

You do know that there was a world before 2020…?

Now y’all want to blame COVID on these lousy parents and underpaid students. America was screwed up before Covid.

I live in South Florida where they’ve started to close schools due to pupil shortages and teacher shortages

This country doesn’t care about it’s educators or kids. I see it everyday

The kids didn't have internet before COVID....... I'm a teacher, in the south, year 7. I live it.

I honestly don't understand your argument because what you're saying is contradicting itself.

Half these kids can’t even read or don’t have the proper comprehension skills. There are public libraries and access to books all over the country

Not to mention their addiction to gadgets. A lot of these kids don’t even have social skills. Don’t even know how to properly communicate or form interpersonal bonds with others.

Adults are failing these kids. Like I’ve said before, people are excusing this behavior constantly

Last edited:
The kids didn't have internet before COVID....... I'm a teacher, in the south, year 7. I live it.

I honestly don't understand your argument because what you're saying is contradicting itself.

The internet isn’t the only way to gain knowledge. Like I said. Books, they’ve taken music out of schools. They’ve taken all sorts of extracurricular activities away from
schools.

Boys and Girls clubs, libraries, etc.

Excuses keep getting made in AMERICA. The quote on quote most “developed” nation.

Mom and dad to worried about IG, tik tok and Facebook. Wilding out worse than the kids are

Teachers aren’t responsible for your kids. When they get home, educating them shouldn’t stop. A lot parents are not as hands on as they need to be with THEIR kids

The internet isn’t the only way to gain knowledge. Like I said. Books, they’ve taken music out of schools. They’ve taken all sorts of extracurricular activities away from
schools.

Excuses keep getting made in AMERICA. The quote on quote most “developed” nation.

Mom and dad to worried about IG, tik tok and Facebook. Wilding out worse than the kids are

You're right they have stripped public schools........That black and brown children go to. Unfortunately everything school related is digitalized, no one grades by hand anymore, everything is submitted online. Homework, quizzes, tests etc. College applications are done online, researching for scholarships.

Schools are more segregated than ever and white children do not have to deal with those issues. Every child has their own laptop, state of the art tech in each classroom, highly qualified teachers, every club and sport you can think of imaginable.

What if I told you the parents can't read or are on a elementary reading level themselves? Same as their parents before them?

1725393494588.png

Nobody can explain why 70% of marriages exhibit domestic violence. And Why the divorce rate is at 42% :lol: :lol: :lol: but here we go again trying to force this agenda

…. This is EXACTLY why you have an entire generation of emotional young men out here killing and not being able to handle adversity. That’s the fundamental difference between men and women and people still seem to not understand:lol: :lol:

Everyone isn’t overly emotional. People need to stop trying to force their lack of tact, or lack of self control onto everyone else

Marriage isn’t for everyone. A nuclear family ISN’T for everyone and it’s OKAY.

Again, Cam came from a household where his mom and dad were married. It’s a case by case basis.

All you have to do is look at the comments to see that people don’t think for themselves:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are tons of people in co-parenting situations that are doing absolutely well.
Yup, no marriage = no DV. Just Co parent and stay in bf/gf status and DV disappears :lol:

What if I told you the parents can't read or are on a elementary reading level themselves? Same as their parents before them?

1725393494588.png

You don’t think I know this? I’m older than you. I went to school in the 90s. Plenty of these people who are currently adults now (that went to school with) were afraid to read out loud.

They never raised their hands when the teacher called upon them to read? Again, that’s a PERSONAL problem. People are to focused on nonsense.

Some parents more concerned about their kids clothes and shoes, but raising a whole dummy. I see it everyday.

And please, pleaseeeee stop trying to pigeonhole us black people. A lot of us well educated and smart because we never felt inferior to white people. I went to college with a ton of white dummies.

People just DON’T Care

Last edited:
That’s exactly why I laugh at a lot of these people on Facebook and IG following people who I went to school with who couldn’t read, where afraid to read or only came to school with a #2 pencil in their ear and one folder.

Idiots following idiots :lol: :rofl:

Yup, no marriage = no DV. Just Co parent and stay in bf/gf status and DV disappears :lol:

Who said it disappears?? All I’m saying is, a lot of these marriages have violence. Here in south Florida, there have literally been like 3 murder suicides due to disgruntled husbands and wives.

Marriage isn’t a fool proof plan. But y’all got it figured out

Google “murder suicides” in the USA. They’re on the rise

A lot of “if I can’t have you, no one can!” Men and women in this world.

Last edited:
schools.

Teachers aren’t responsible for your kids. When they get home, educating them shouldn’t stop. A lot parents are not as hands on as they need to be with THEIR kids

You right.

But if the parents can't read either how are they supposed to educate the kids :rofl:

What you're saying is correct but you're like 2 steps off from the big picture, the kids need help. They're at a mostly black school lacking resources mainly because public schools in mostly black areas can't afford to retain teachers by offering pay incentives, schools run off local taxes, and if they're in a poor area where people aren't making any money it's nothing to tax.

The teacher shortage is a huge issue because yes the pay is too small for the job they're asking, and on top of it, why would a highly qualified teacher take a tougher job, for less pay when they can get paid more at an easier one? It literally doesn't add up. So to make up for it, you have overly packed classrooms, the teachers there getting burnt out, or the school grabbing any adult with a pulse to sit in a chair and hand out worksheets.

Either way. It's cooked.

It seems like you're expecting black children to turn into this super hero child who will grow up in poverty, still get straight A's, dodge all the repercussions of his families generational failures and somehow pull himself up by the bootstraps.
You can tell me a kids parental background and I can already give you a rough estimate on what's going to happen. That's how they plan out the construction of prisons.

IMG_0121.gif

And if we really want to look at the teacher shortage and pay issue we have to discuss the fact that the profession is dominated by women being one of the reasons it has lagged so far behind in compensation.

But that's a whole different discussion.

It can be both. Yes, there are crash dummies in the hood. There are crash dummies everywhere, but do you think the non-crash dummy kids know how much a biological chemical engineer makes, much less what a biological chemical engineer is to even aspire to be one? Its generation side effects from the civil rights movement. Which even WE forget wasnt really THAT long ago.

This.

You don't know what you don't know. Someone growing up in a family that doesn't know the value of education is less likely to explore career avenues linked to it, and it's very hard to sell the value of a good education when you're surrounded by unemployed folks with degrees and certs. The second point tends to be one consequence of concentrated poverty, and it is not unique to Black Americans.

Given your example in this very day and age if a kid doesn’t know how much a biological chemical engineer makes much less what a biological chemical engineer is to even aspire to be one then that’s on that kid.
Lol.

Most working adults don't know that the US government publishes and updates labor demand predictions for the next 10-20 years. I found that because I'm naturally curious, and I wanted to know what the job market would look like by the time I graduated. The thing is, most folks are not curious; they'll take info from the people they trust (close relatives/friends) and run with it. That's why where you live, who you hang out with, and the socioeconomic status of your family is a much better predictor of success than one's own abilities.

The environment in which one grows is an effort multiplier (most of the time).

Who said it disappears?? All I’m saying is, a lot of these marriages have violence. Here in south Florida, there have literally been like 3 murder suicides due to disgruntled husbands and wives.

Marriage isn’t a fool proof plan. But y’all got it figured out

Google “murder suicides” in the USA. They’re on the rise

A lot of “if I can’t have you, no one can!” Men and women in this world.

You could probably cover it with relationships because gf's and exes getting abused as well, but I won't act like I know the rate. 70% of married women getting abused in 2024 is a crazy number.

You could probably cover it with relationships because gf's and exes getting abused as well, but I won't act like I know the rate. 70% of married women getting abused in 2024 is a crazy number.

You’re naive if you think only women get abused. Men get abused as well. That’s how I know, you don’t much. You assume that it’s only the men inflicting :lol:

You’re naive if you think only women get abused. Men get abused as well. That’s how I know, you don’t much. You assume that it’s only the men inflicting :lol:
I'm not naive, just toxic :frown: I know there are male victims of abuse and female perpetrators, but don't consider it in my immediate thoughts and view until I'm reminded.

Back
Top Bottom